Monday night football

1 view

"Just Me"

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00

And my team is losing. <sigh>

--
Laurie ...171.5/139/130!!
~Just Me~
Please (removeyourshoes) before replying.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be
a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live
without you."
* Winnie the Pooh

TC3

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
And your team is? (for further teasing)...LOL
I should talk, liking the Dolphins.

--
TC3
""Just Me"" <justme317(removeyourshoes)@PRODIGY.NET> wrote in message

TC3

Oct 17, 2000, 12:00:32 AM10/17/00

TC3
"John" <Jo...@Smith.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:15:26 -0400, "\"Just Me\""
> <justme317(removeyourshoes)@PRODIGY.NET> wrote:
>
> >And my team is losing. <sigh>
>

> I generally like Dennis Miller but I just dont think he fits on
> Monday Night Football. He's said he doesnt care if it works out or
> not, its just a lark on his part. He likes football but if his style
> doesnt fit , than its no big deal to him. I dont think he fits. I
> think they should have gotten a young nerdy guy who was really sharp
> like a young Howard Cosell or something. Ive read that people think
> hes OK now , and I havent seen him a lot so maybe he has improved.
>
> I was watching this thing on the fake news on Sat Night Live, CHevy
> Chase modestly said he thought he was the best but that Dennis Miller
> was pretty good too. I personally like Norm MacDonald the best, since
> he has this really twisted sense of humor.

Dennis doesn't belong on Monday night football(after finally hearing him
on there...) I really liked Norm MacDonald doing the news...he has a
great (twisted like you said) wit that Dennis doesn't quite have...IMO

iiccee twice as nice

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
>And my team is losing. <sigh>
>
>--
>Laurie ...171.5/139/130!!
>~Just Me~

So is mine.....hey, wait, I don't have a team....nevermind
IICCEE ;o9
~Power is the ability to please~

Free Radical

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00

That makes iiccee a winner!

TC3

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Only losers like football? That is a vast generalization
or am I wrong?

--
TC3
"Free Radical" <john_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Free Radical

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00

TC3 wrote:

> Only losers like football? That is a vast generalization
> or am I wrong?
>
> --
> TC3

If so it is your generalization. Not mine.

TC3

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
OH no, big bubba, you aren't pinning this on me...
I was asking YOU what you meant...

--
TC3
"Free Radical" <john_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Free Radical

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Uh uh! You did nothing of the kind. You asked if only losers liked
football. And then asked if you were wrong about that being a
generalization. Since I said nothing that even remotely indicated
that only losers could be football fans I am at a loss about what
you are thinking. But I did agree that your statement sounded like
a generalization. But it sure wasn't mine. So the fact remains if
such a generalization does exist it is yours and yours alone.

I still contend iiccee is a winner. If you wish to refute my
statement you little bubbette refute the one I made. Not the one
you made up.

TC3

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
I called him Big Bubba LOL
I never been a Bubbette...LMAO...

--
TC3
"Sunkisssed" <Catching UV's with a rubber glove> wrote in message
> Bubbette? WTF is that all about?
>
> Sunkisssed

TC3

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
I must go for the latter, your memory is going...
better get a pad and pencil and keep up~ LOL

--

> Either I am only getting half the damn posts, or I am forgetting what
> I have just read!!! LOL
>
> Sunkisssed

TC3

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
See? you old geezer.

--

> Keep up with what?

TC3

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
You need TRIFOCALS <yelling with horn>

--

> <putting on bifocals> I don't see anything.....
>
> Sunkisssed

iiccee twice as nice

Oct 18, 2000, 12:26:00 AM10/18/00

>I still contend iiccee is a winner. If you wish to refute my
>statement you little bubbette refute the one I made. Not the one
>you made up.

victory is mine sayith Sir Chris......bubbette...hehehe that is cute

iiccee twice as nice

Oct 18, 2000, 12:26:55 AM10/18/00
>Either I am only getting half the damn posts, or I am forgetting what
>I have just read!!! LOL
>
> Sunkisssed

Sucks being as old as you huh?? hehehe

iiccee twice as nice

Oct 18, 2000, 12:28:32 AM10/18/00
>Hey wait, I thought you liked the Chicago Bears????
>
> Sunkisssed

Well, there was that one year......so it lasted a little longer than a year but
we all have bones in our closets....some more real than others.........

Free Radical

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Around Austin they have a chain of restaurants called the Lone Star
Cafe. Their motto is "Bubba likes it" LOL I figure if Bubba
likes it I am much better off with out it.

TC3 wrote:

> I called him Big Bubba LOL
> I never been a Bubbette...LMAO...
>
> --
> TC3
> "Sunkisssed" <Catching UV's with a rubber glove> wrote in message
> > Bubbette? WTF is that all about?
> >
> > Sunkisssed
> >
> > Free Radical <john_...@yahoo.com> said :
> >
> > >Uh uh! You did nothing of the kind. You asked if only losers liked
> > >football. And then asked if you were wrong about that being a
> > >generalization. Since I said nothing that even remotely indicated
> > >that only losers could be football fans I am at a loss about what
> > >you are thinking. But I did agree that your statement sounded like
> > >a generalization. But it sure wasn't mine. So the fact remains if
> > >such a generalization does exist it is yours and yours alone.
> > >

> > >I still contend iiccee is a winner. If you wish to refute my
> > >statement you little bubbette refute the one I made. Not the one
> > >you made up.

Free Radical

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Too late now. It is long obsolete.

Sunkisssed wrote:

> Keep up with what?
>
> Sunkisssed
>
> "TC3" <tc...@erols.com> said :
>
> >I must go for the latter, your memory is going...
> >better get a pad and pencil and keep up~ LOL
> >

> >--
> >TC3
> >"Sunkisssed" <Catching UV's with a rubber glove> wrote in message

> >> Either I am only getting half the damn posts, or I am forgetting what
> >> I have just read!!! LOL
> >>
> >> Sunkisssed

Free Radical

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00

iiccee twice as nice wrote:

Could be worse. It could have been the cowboys.

Justa Hillbilly

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00

"Free Radical" said....

> Could be worse. It could have been the cowboys.

Goooooooo COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-)~ So there! They may suck but they are still my team!

Free Radical

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00

Justa Hillbilly wrote:

> "Free Radical" said....
>
> > Could be worse. It could have been the cowboys.
>
> Goooooooo COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> ;-)~ So there! They may suck but they are still my team!

Then why are you always trying to chase them away?

Justa Hillbilly

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00

"Free Radical" said...

Not away goof, just into running period!!
They will not be a winning team again until Aikman is outta there..... LOL
like you care huh! (He is the quarterback BTW;-)

"Just Me"

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00

Yeah, skeletons in the closet.... I have so many
that sometimes when I cough, a bone flies out!

--
Laurie ...171.5/139/130!!
~Just Me~

Please (removeyourshoes) before replying.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be
a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live
without you."
* Winnie the Pooh

iiccee twice as nice <iicc...@aol.com> wrote in
message
..

Free Radical

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00

Justa Hillbilly wrote:

> "Free Radical" said...
> >
> > Justa Hillbilly wrote:
> > >
> > > "Free Radical" said....

> > > Goooooooo COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > >
> > > ;-)~ So there! They may suck but they are still my team!
> > >

> > Then why are you always trying to chase them away?
>
> Not away goof, just into running period!!

Huh? Think it will work? I just can't picture a big beefy
football player being scared into running by a wisp of girl like
you.

> They will not be a winning team again until Aikman is outta there..... LOL

What is wrong with Aikman?

> like you care huh! (He is the quarterback BTW;-)

What is a quarterback? I can remember when it was what you got
when you paid for a pack of cigarettes with a dollar. You remember
that? That was back when everyone was saying that if they got up to
a dollar they were going to quit.

Justa Hillbilly

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00

"Free Radical" said...

> > > Then why are you always trying to chase them away?
> >
> > Not away goof, just into running period!!
>
> Huh? Think it will work? I just can't picture a big beefy
> football player being scared into running by a wisp of girl like
> you.

You would be surprised ;-)

> > They will not be a winning team again until Aikman is outta there.....
LOL

> What is wrong with Aikman?

He likes to imagine he is the only player on the team....

> > like you care huh! (He is the quarterback BTW;-)
>
> What is a quarterback? I can remember when it was what you got
> when you paid for a pack of cigarettes with a dollar. You remember
> that? That was back when everyone was saying that if they got up to
> a dollar they were going to quit.

I remember... LOL And I also remember saying when it got to 1.50 then it was
two dollars.... heheheee Geeeesh I need to quit..... *sigh*

Free Radical

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00

Justa Hillbilly wrote:

> "Free Radical" said...

> > > Not away goof, just into running period!!
> >
> > Huh? Think it will work? I just can't picture a big beefy
> > football player being scared into running by a wisp of girl like
> > you.
>
> You would be surprised ;-)

Well maybe not all that surprised. I have actually seen such things
before. come to think of it. It is more common than an exception.
Remember the hillbilly girl and the over grown buffalo hunter in
Lonesome Dove?

> > > They will not be a winning team again until Aikman is outta there.....
> LOL
> >
> > What is wrong with Aikman?
>
> He likes to imagine he is the only player on the team....

Oh! You mean he has caught the Elway syndrome? Such people are
very vulnerable to that. It happens in all aspects of life. A
person is told how great they are so much that they start to believe
it themselves. The cure can be quite painful. Sometimes lethal. I
have seen glassblowers become paralyzed by it. They usually have to
go into management because they are afraid to touch a piece of glass
ever again.

> > > like you care huh! (He is the quarterback BTW;-)
> >
> > What is a quarterback? I can remember when it was what you got
> > when you paid for a pack of cigarettes with a dollar. You remember
> > that? That was back when everyone was saying that if they got up to
> > a dollar they were going to quit.
>
> I remember... LOL And I also remember saying when it got to 1.50 then it was
> two dollars.... heheheee Geeeesh I need to quit..... *sigh*

Why? Because of the price? Or because of the control they have
over your life?

iiccee twice as nice

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00

><feeling rather paranoid>
>
> Sunkisssed

Always <looking over shoulder>

iiccee twice as nice

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
>Yeah, skeletons in the closet.... I have so many
>that sometimes when I cough, a bone flies out!
>
>--
>Laurie ...171.5/139/130!!
>~Just Me~
>Please (removeyourshoes) before replying.
>
>"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be
>a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live
>without you."
> * Winnie the Pooh

ROFLMAO....

Justa Hillbilly

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00

Free Radical said...

> > > Huh? Think it will work? I just can't picture a big beefy
> > > football player being scared into running by a wisp of girl like
> > > you.
> >
> > You would be surprised ;-)
>
> Well maybe not all that surprised. I have actually seen such things
> before. come to think of it. It is more common than an exception.
> Remember the hillbilly girl and the over grown buffalo hunter in
> Lonesome Dove?

Good flick.

> > He likes to imagine he is the only player on the team....
>
> Oh! You mean he has caught the Elway syndrome? Such people are
> very vulnerable to that. It happens in all aspects of life. A
> person is told how great they are so much that they start to believe
> it themselves. The cure can be quite painful. Sometimes lethal. I
> have seen glassblowers become paralyzed by it. They usually have to
> go into management because they are afraid to touch a piece of glass
> ever again.

It's not a pretty sight.

> > I remember... LOL And I also remember saying when it got to 1.50 then it
was
> > two dollars.... heheheee Geeeesh I need to quit..... *sigh*
>
> Why? Because of the price? Or because of the control they have
> over your life?

Both of course.