Brief Summary Please

SweetNik74

Mar 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/12/99
Alright, I know there are gobs of great writers here, being as how I've read
alot of you posting off and on for the last 3 years. Could someone PLEASE give
me a brief summary of all good threads to be reading right now and fill me in
on the absk dirt? <looking at Margo, who always knows the dirt>. I resubbed
yet again, found over 2000 messages..... and even I don't have THAT kind of
time <eg> So, if someone would be so kind........... I know at least one or
two of you out there love me enough to do me this favor =)

I did hear something about welcome baskets. I used to do that =) Man, was I
good. Forget that the guys got much better goodies than the gals, I still did
a fine job. Bet I still have that file somewhere......... You guys don't do
that now? And who is currently hanging out at the gazebo?????? I wanna
watch!!!!!!!

Nik~

Dollfin330

Mar 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/12/99
>Could someone PLEASE give
>me a brief summary of all good threads to be reading right now

Did you read SotC posts... those are pretty good... but only read a couple deep
into them... after that they start repeating themselves...

If you like Dunesberry<sp?> check out the
ones with Penguin in the header.

Stay away from the religion posts... they give
headaches <g>

"The Mist in 3D sound" is now OffT

Good luck Nik.. it took me days to catch up.

>and fill me in
>on the absk dirt? <looking at Margo, who always knows the dirt>.

Dirt??? On absk... never...<beg>

>I know at least one or
>two of you out there love me enough to do me this favor =)

=) Glad to see you here again Nik

> And who is currently hanging out at the gazebo?????? I wanna
>watch!!!!!!!

Tell me Nik... have you seen a therapist about
this obsession you have with *watching*??
Somethings really are private<beg>

Once again .... Welcome Back !!!

^^^Eva^^^

Confucius say...
Squirrel who runs up woman's leg not find nuts.

Jeff & Traci De

Mar 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/12/99
SweetNik74 wrote:

> Alright, I know there are gobs of great writers here, being as how I've read
> alot of you posting off and on for the last 3 years. Could someone PLEASE give
> me a brief summary of all good threads to be reading right now and fill me in
> on the absk dirt? <looking at Margo, who always knows the dirt>. I resubbed
> yet again, found over 2000 messages..... and even I don't have THAT kind of
> time <eg> So, if someone would be so kind........... I know at least one or

> two of you out there love me enough to do me this favor =)
>
> I did hear something about welcome baskets. I used to do that =) Man, was I
> good. Forget that the guys got much better goodies than the gals, I still did
> a fine job. Bet I still have that file somewhere......... You guys don't do
> that now? And who is currently hanging out at the gazebo?????? I wanna
> watch!!!!!!!
>
> Nik~

Nik~
(you don't know HOW long I stared at my keyboard looking for that tilde
thing. I've obviously never typed one before) Hi, we haven't met before, I'm
Traci.

I'm *so* glad to find who used to do the welcome baskets. I had just about
given up and was going to take over myself. Would you like to pick up your task
again - it sure needs doing.

Traci

PS - I'd skip all the religion headers unless it's something you are crazy
about. That should eliminate a good hunk.

--
"To have a child is to choose forever to walk around with your heart outside
your body"

The Ghost of Nixon

Mar 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/12/99
Dollfin330 wrote:

> >Could someone PLEASE give
> >me a brief summary of all good threads to be reading right now

Well, everyone seems to want to know if the Easter Bunny and God
have penises...

> Did you read SotC posts... those are pretty good... but only read a couple deep
> into them... after that they start repeating themselves...
>
> If you like Dunesberry<sp?> check out the
> ones with Penguin in the header.

Its a god-damn puffin already...

> Stay away from the religion posts... they give
> headaches <g>

They give me an erection....

SweetNik74

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
In article <19990312140007...@ng30.aol.com>,
dollf...@aol.cominocent1 (Dollfin330) writes:

>>and fill me in
>>on the absk dirt? <looking at Margo, who always knows the dirt>.
>

>Dirt??? On absk... never...<beg>

<ahem> <cough> Yeah...... what was I thinking?

>>I know at least one or
>>two of you out there love me enough to do me this favor =)
>

>=) Glad to see you here again Nik
<<<<<

Ahhh, glad to be seen <flash>

>> And who is currently hanging out at the gazebo?????? I wanna
>>watch!!!!!!!
>

>Tell me Nik... have you seen a therapist about
>this obsession you have with *watching*??
>Somethings really are private<beg>
<<<<<

No therapist will take me for it...... they keep saying I'm looking at them
funny.......

>Once again .... Welcome Back !!!
>

>^^^Eva^^^
<<<<<

Thanks, Eva...... good to see you too!!!!!!!!!

Nik~

You have to dance like no one is watching and love like it's never going to
hurt.

SweetNik74

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
In article <36E970B2...@sprintmail.com>, Jeff & Traci De
<j...@sprintmail.com> writes:

>Nik~
> (you don't know HOW long I stared at my keyboard looking for that tilde
>thing. I've obviously never typed one before) Hi, we haven't met before,
>I'm
>Traci.

Pleasure to meet you, Traci =) I posted here for about 2 years and no worries,
it took me awhile to get used to the tilde too, but I like it =) Now it's
habit.

> I'm *so* glad to find who used to do the welcome baskets. I had just about
>given up and was going to take over myself. Would you like to pick up your
>task
>again - it sure needs doing.
>

> Traci
<<<<<

Well, being as how I'm kind of a newbie again here now, I'll let you to do it
if you like..... but feel free to write and ask for pointers... Everyone seemed
to love the candy, gym socks, and prophylactics for the water balloon wars.....
Have you guys had any decent whipped cream filled prophylactic wars as of late?
Dorito wars? Those were the days......

Be warned now, I am an OT kind of person for the most part. Rarely post on
topic at all.

> PS - I'd skip all the religion headers unless it's something you are crazy
>about. That should eliminate a good hunk.
<<<<<

Skipping religion headers as we speak......

Nik~ <--- missing the good old days

SweetNik74

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
In article <36E975...@excite.com>, The Ghost of Nixon <nixo...@excite.com>
writes:

>> >Could someone PLEASE give
>> >me a brief summary of all good threads to be reading right now
>>

>Well, everyone seems to want to know if the Easter Bunny and God
>have penises...

Hmmmmm, <looking up God's robe>...... Can't tell.... they have their legs
crossed.

>> Did you read SotC posts... those are pretty good... but only read a couple
>deep
>> into them... after that they start repeating themselves...
>>
>> If you like Dunesberry<sp?> check out the
>> ones with Penguin in the header.
>
>Its a god-damn puffin already...
<<<<<

HUGE difference... what were you THINKING, Eva?

>> Stay away from the religion posts... they give
>> headaches <g>
>
>They give me an erection....
<<<<<

From reading some other posts, it seems your Dick is NOT too tricky.... alot of
stuff gives you an erection........ =)

Nik~

Jeff & Traci De

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99

Nik~

It's not that I want to *do* the baskets, it's just that I want them done.
Nobody else was doing it, so I was about to. I'll just be the asistant welcome
basket-er. You get all the responsibility, I'll help with the fun bits!

Traci

Vicki

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99

> It's not that I want to *do* the baskets, it's just that I want them
done.
>Nobody else was doing it, so I was about to. I'll just be the asistant
welcome
>basket-er. You get all the responsibility, I'll help with the fun bits!
>
> Traci

Hey Traci, can I put a religious tract in the basket. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I had to...I thought was so funny.

Vicki

Joe Long

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99
Margo wrote in message <7chuek$rme$1...@ins8.netins.net>...
>x-no-archive: yes
>
>SweetNik74 wrote

>:(Dollfin330) writes:
>:
>:>>and fill me in
>:>>on the absk dirt? <looking at Margo, who always knows the dirt>.
>:>
>:>Dirt??? On absk... never...<beg>
>:
>:<ahem> <cough> Yeah...... what was I thinking?
>
>Hey....watch it! Don't be ruining my rep already. I've been lurking a long
>time, and the newer folks think I'm sweet and innocent.
>
>Margo (hrrrmph)

ummm.... not any more... =)

Joe Long
[ http://tscnet.com/~joelong/ ]

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing
is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Albert Einstein

Tin...@pathway.net

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
On 13 Mar 1999 13:44:12 GMT, sweet...@aol.com (SweetNik74) wrote:

>Be warned now, I am an OT kind of person for the most part. Rarely post on
>topic at all.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Nik}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

>Nik~ <--- missing the good old days
>

>You have to dance like no one is watching and love like it's never going to
>hurt.

Dancing is just a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.

Thom

Of those things that go with out saying.....Let them.

SweetNik74

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
In article <7chuek$rme$1...@ins8.netins.net>, "Margo" <town...@nwidt.com> writes:

>>>and fill me in
>:>>on the absk dirt? <looking at Margo, who always knows the dirt>.
>:>
>:>Dirt??? On absk... never...<beg>
>:
>:<ahem> <cough> Yeah...... what was I thinking?
>
>Hey....watch it! Don't be ruining my rep already. I've been lurking a long
>time, and the newer folks think I'm sweet and innocent.
>
>Margo (hrrrmph)

<silently handing Margo a saintly robe to remask her innocence> My apologies,
Oh Fair One =)

Nik~

SweetNik74

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
In article <7cif42$cl6$3...@208.231.48.29>, Tin...@Pathway.Net writes:

>>Be warned now, I am an OT kind of person for the most part. Rarely post on
>>topic at all.
>
>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Nik}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{Thom}}}}}}}}}}

>>Nik~ <--- missing the good old days
>>

>>You have to dance like no one is watching and love like it's never going to
>>hurt.
>

>Dancing is just a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.
>
>Thom
<<<<<

Well, if Margo doesn't steal that phrase, I'll take it =) Pure pleasure it is
to meet you, Thom.

Dollfin330

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
Margo Writes:
>SweetNik74 wrote

>:(Dollfin330) writes:
>:
>:>>and fill me in
>:>>on the absk dirt? <looking at Margo, who always knows the dirt>.
>:>
>:>Dirt??? On absk... never...<beg>
>:
>:<ahem> <cough> Yeah...... what was I thinking?
>
>Hey....watch it! Don't be ruining my rep already. I've been lurking a long
>time, and the newer folks think I'm sweet and innocent.
>
>Margo (hrrrmph)

Give em time... they'll come around<g>

Marthapups

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
In article <7cie3n$ord$1...@remarQ.com>, "Joe Long" <joe...@tscnet.com> writes:

>Hey....watch it! Don't be ruining my rep already. I've been lurking a long
>>time, and the newer folks think I'm sweet and innocent.
>>
>>Margo (hrrrmph)
>>

>ummm.... not any more... =)

Oh Joe, so wise....

Tina

Marthapups

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
In article <7citcg$h95$1...@ins8.netins.net>, "Margo" <town...@nwidt.com> writes:

>Dancing is just a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.
>:
>:Thom
>

>I love that line! May I shamelessly steal it?
>
>Margo

Hey! I saw it first!

Tina

Jeff & Traci De

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
Tin...@Pathway.Net wrote:

> On 13 Mar 1999 13:44:12 GMT, sweet...@aol.com (SweetNik74) wrote:
>

> >Be warned now, I am an OT kind of person for the most part. Rarely post on
> >topic at all.
>
> {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Nik}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
>

> >Nik~ <--- missing the good old days
> >

> >You have to dance like no one is watching and love like it's never going to
> >hurt.
>
> Dancing is just a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.
>
> Thom

So you shouldn't dance with someone unless you *have* that horizontal desire?
Is it sort of making a promise you don't intend to keep?

I was raised in an area where a lady said "yes" when she was invited to dance,
or she'd better have a darn good excuse. I was so shocked when I moved and
found out that some girls said "no" just to be mean. Or just because. Or for
any old reason they wanted to. Shocked!

Jeff & Traci De

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99

Ummm. What religion?

Kendra

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
I was raised with the same advice -- if the man had the guts/courage to ask
you to dance.......you danced (at least once)!! Of course the dark side of
this was the man who thought he *owned* you after one dance......

Kendra

Jeff & Traci De wrote in message <36ED7F81...@sprintmail.com>...

> So you shouldn't dance with someone unless you *have* that horizontal
desire?
>Is it sort of making a promise you don't intend to keep?
>
> I was raised in an area where a lady said "yes" when she was invited to
dance,
>or she'd better have a darn good excuse. I was so shocked when I moved and
>found out that some girls said "no" just to be mean. Or just because. Or
for
>any old reason they wanted to. Shocked!

Jeff & Traci De

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
Kendra wrote:

> I was raised with the same advice -- if the man had the guts/courage to ask
> you to dance.......you danced (at least once)!! Of course the dark side of
> this was the man who thought he *owned* you after one dance......
>
> Kendra

Yeah, and they wonder why we go to the can in groups....

Tin...@pathway.net

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 06:10:10 -0600, "Margo" <town...@nwidt.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>Tin...@Pathway.Net wrote
>:
>:Dancing is just a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.
>:
>:Thom
>

>I love that line! May I shamelessly steal it?
>
>Margo

You cant steal what you already own and I cant give what was never
mine.

I dont know where I got it from, or what made my mind cross reference
to it but it just clicked into place in the out basket of my mind, so
out it went. I other words, its yours.

Thom

When it rains, why don't sheep shrink?

Tin...@pathway.net

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
On 15 Mar 1999 13:22:50 GMT, sweet...@aol.com (SweetNik74) wrote:

><<<<<
>
>Well, if Margo doesn't steal that phrase, I'll take it =) Pure pleasure it is
>to meet you, Thom.

Now now, don't jump to conclusions. :-)

Good to meet you too Nik.

>Nik~

DavidEvan

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
>I was raised with the same advice -- if the man had the guts/courage to ask
>you to dance.......you danced (at least once)!! Of course the dark side of
>this was the man who thought he *owned* you after one dance......
>
>Kendra

Well Kendra, the male gender is not that dictatorial...you were not "owned" or
"owed us something" until AFTER the Big Mac and fries were consumed:). And it
was a forgone conclusion that if that meal were super-sized, well...happy days
are here again...:).
Seriously though-a friend and I were talking the other night about how it
must have been and probably still is a hard row to to hoe being a woman just
because of all the creeps who used to actually believe the above was a fact. A
few spoil it for the rest...sigh.
Back in the 60's here in Spokane the had Kevin Coe (The south hill rapist).
Which is were I live but I wasn't here in the sixties). Anyway, so many women
were terrified at most men because of the actions of just that ONE, that if a
women was jogging and a man approached, he had to jog over to the other side
of the road at the risk of being maced.
My point is I guess is that I can just imagine how cautious women have to
be. On behalf of men-sorry.
David
We are not ALL jerks, there are just to many who are

stevie

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
Jeff & Traci De wrote:

>I was raised in an area where a lady said "yes" when she was invited
>to dance, or she'd better have a darn good excuse. I was so shocked
>when I moved and found out that some girls said "no" just to be mean.
>Or just because. Or for any old reason they wanted to. Shocked!

Is "Because I don't want to" a good excuse? Seems to me it's the only
reason that's necessary. People dance 'cause they want to. 'least,
that's why I dance.

Stevie

Jeff & Traci De

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99

Um..., "I'm sorry, I don't want to dance right now." would be acceptable if it
was immediately followed with an offer to dance with the individual later in the
evening. Hurting someone's feelings was the worst possible offense. Any gal
who would do such a thing was pariah, and not to be trusted. Started that way
at the jr high dances, and stayed tha way through my college years going to
bars, where you really were there to get as drunk as possible.

Suddenly I'm craving a Long Island Ice Tea...

Marthapups

Mar 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/20/99
In article <36EEFA...@rogerswave.com>, stevie <mill...@rogerswave.com>
writes:

>Is "Because I don't want to" a good excuse? Seems to me it's the only
>reason that's necessary. People dance 'cause they want to. 'least,
>that's why I dance.
>
> Stevie

I recall (looooog ago) feeling the need to make up an excuse like "I'm rather
tired now, maybe later". But let's face it...sometimes we were there to dance
and sometimes we were there to hunt:)

Tina

TRENA1

Mar 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/20/99
><36EEFA...@rogerswave.com>, stevie <mill...@rogerswave.com>
>wrote:

>Is "Because I don't want to" a good excuse? Seems to me it's the only
>reason that's necessary. People dance 'cause they want to. 'least,
>that's why I dance.
>
> Stevie

I'd have to side with whoever said it was basically a requirement to dance with
whoever asked you. I wish I had a dollar for all the sweaty palms I have
endured in my day.

Trena

"Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried." Mae
West