Lynn’s six star list (or top ten list) from Jan 2022:

Lynn McGuire

Sep 16, 2022, 4:29:44 PM9/16/22
Lynn’s six star list (or top ten list) from Jan 2022:

1. “Mutineer’s Moon” by David Weber
2. “Citizen Of The Galaxy” by Robert Heinlein
3. “The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress” by Robert Heinlein
4. “The Star Beast” by Robert Heinlein
5. “Shards Of Honor” by Lois McMaster Bujold
6. “Jumper” by Steven Gould
7. “Dies The Fire” by S. M. Stirling
8. “Emergence” by David Palmer
9. “The Tar-Aiym Krang” by Alan Dean Foster
10. “Under A Graveyard Sky” by John Ringo
11. “Live Free Or Die” by John Ringo
12. “Footfall” by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
13. “Lucifer’s Hammer” by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
14. “The Zero Stone” by Andre Norton
15. “Going Home” by A. American
16. “Ender’s Game” by Orson Scott Card
17. “Ready Player One” by Ernest Cline
18. “The Martian” by Andy Weir
19. “The Postman” by David Brin
20. “We Are Legion” by Dennis E. Taylor
21. “Bitten” by Kelley Armstrong
22. “Moon Called” by Patrica Briggs
23. “Red Thunder” by John Varley

Lynn

a425couple

Sep 17, 2022, 10:48:25 AM9/17/22
Interesting.
You have one Orson Scott Card. I'd suggest you read his "Postwatch,
the Redemption of Christopher Columbus".

I'm very surprised you have none by Arthur C. Clarke.
Also, none by Turtledove.

I'm also very surprised you have none by Robert Silverberg,
the quality of his work varies greatly, but I'd suggest his
"Hawksbill Station".

I also quite enjoyed "Boundary" by Eric Flint and Ryk E. Spoor.

Lynn McGuire

Sep 19, 2022, 4:10:12 PM9/19/22
I am just not a big fan of Arthur C. Clarke (but I do have several of
his books) or Harry Turtledove (zero). Or Robert Silverberg.

My favorite book by Eric Flint is 1632 but Boundary is a close second.

Lynn

Lynn

a425couple

Sep 19, 2022, 10:44:05 PM9/19/22
On 09/19/2022 01:10 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 9/17/2022 9:48 AM, a425couple wrote:
>> On 09/16/2022 01:29 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>>> Lynn’s six star list (or top ten list) from Jan 2022:

snip

>>> Lynn
>>>

>> Interesting.
>> You have one Orson Scott Card.  I'd suggest you read his "Postwatch,
>> the Redemption of Christopher Columbus".
>>
>> I'm very surprised you have none by Arthur C. Clarke.
>> Also, none by Turtledove.
>>
>> I'm also very surprised you have none by Robert Silverberg,
>> the quality of his work varies greatly, but I'd suggest his
>> "Hawksbill Station".
>>
>> I also quite enjoyed "Boundary" by Eric Flint and Ryk E. Spoor.
>
> I am just not a big fan of Arthur C. Clarke (but I do have several of
> his books) or Harry Turtledove (zero).  Or Robert Silverberg.
>
> My favorite book by Eric Flint is 1632 but Boundary is a close second.
>
> Lynn

Fair enough, best wishes.

Lynn McGuire

Nov 21, 2022, 11:54:08 AM11/21/22
> @Lynn: I’ve been working my way through your 6-star list. I had
already read several of them. Of the others, so far I totally agree with
your taste in books! Won’t be long, and I’ll have to start on your
5-star list… Do you keep updated lists online anywhere?

Thank you !

The only list that I have is my 1,047 reviews on Big River:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1.account.AGJZ2IAEX5W6JZX5A5UCJTD44I3A?preview=true&tag=ttgnet-20

Maybe I should provide an online list like Jame Nicoll (but James is a
professional scifi reviewer):

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/

Or like Dan Livingston:

https://best-sci-fi-books.com/