Misty Mailing List

1 view

Tristaan

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
Well, somewhere in here someone mentioned that the address for the
Misty list I gave was incorrect.

They were right.

Instead of list...@herald.co.uk, use list...@herald.co.uk

With a blank subject, put in the body of the e-mail "subscribe
MERCEDES-LACKEY <your screen name>"

Tristaan
Ogre-Monk, ICQ# 14668166
God of Grilled-SPAM™ and Summer, Disciple of Babble
Assistant Librarian/Orangutan, Licensed Math Pedant, Chief Brute
Husband of Amethyst, Father of Charis, Co-Owner of The Ogre and the Elf
Violinist for the ABML out-of-practice-musicians band
Keyboard Martyr, Keeper of the ABML Cookbook, Quasi-God of Unfinished Pro-
Remove SPAM trap to reply
"There exists no dream worth chasing if it cannot satisfy.
There exists no god worth serving if he cannot hear your cry" - Circle of Dust

Megan Thomas

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
Tristaan <rmar...@i.hate.spam.ptd.net> wrote:
> Well, somewhere in here someone mentioned that the address for the
> Misty list I gave was incorrect.

> They were right.

> With a blank subject, put in the body of the e-mail "subscribe
> MERCEDES-LACKEY <your screen name>"

And Megan belatedly and very apologetically notes that the
information, correctly provided by Tristaan ages ago, does
happen to be in the FAQ. FYI. A little late. oops.

--
Megan
Acolyte to the God of Grilled-SPAM

Tristaan

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
On 15 Aug 2000 20:49:37 GMT, Megan Thomas stomped through my brain
with:

>And Megan belatedly and very apologetically notes that the
>information, correctly provided by Tristaan ages ago, does
>happen to be in the FAQ. FYI. A little late. oops.

That's okay. I originally tried going to your website to look it up
but couldn't find it.

Anyways, problem solved. <G>

Anne M. Marble

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
Tristaan <rmar...@i.hate.spam.ptd.net> wrote:
> Well, somewhere in here someone mentioned that the address for the
> Misty list I gave was incorrect.
>
> They were right.
>
> Instead of list...@herald.co.uk, use list...@herald.co.uk

There is also a Misty group (or three or seven) at Egroups.
http://www.egroups.com/group/mercedeslackey
http://www.egroups.com/group/Mistydiscussion
http://www.egroups.com/group/Lady_of_Heralds
And others
(There are others. Many of them seem to be tiny persona-oriented lists.)

However, the herald.co.uk list is much more active. Especially ever since
someone sent a Misty poem to the list (whoops!), setting off a discussion
about fan fiction that has lasted for longer than some of the wars in
Misty's books. :-> Oh, well, at least it's interesting.

Tristaan

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 18:54:25 -0400, Anne M. Marble stomped through my
brain with:

>There is also a Misty group (or three or seven) at Egroups.

Oooo! Hey, Megan! Time to make some additions to the FAQ!

>(There are others. Many of them seem to be tiny persona-oriented lists.)
>
>However, the herald.co.uk list is much more active. Especially ever since
>someone sent a Misty poem to the list (whoops!), setting off a discussion
>about fan fiction that has lasted for longer than some of the wars in
>Misty's books. :-> Oh, well, at least it's interesting.

Isn't it? It is bordering at some points on a flame war. But the
admins of the list are doing a pretty good job of keeping it civil.

Megan Thomas

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
Tristaan <rmar...@i.hate.spam.ptd.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 18:54:25 -0400, Anne M. Marble stomped through my
> brain with:

> Oooo! Hey, Megan! Time to make some additions to the FAQ!

Roight, roight, will do... After I complete just a couple
other tasks... <g>