FAQ, RolePlaying, HomePages, Etc

LEONE ATCHISON

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
Hello all!

Yet another one from the fearful ... achem ... fearless Newbie Delurker
of the Minute.

Help!

What Internet/Lackey related groups, places, pages, etc are there?
Is there a FAQ which would answer it all? Who can I contact? Why
does jello always taste the same, even if the colors are 'cherry'
or 'lime'? Can we RolePlay in the Velgarath world? What about fan
fiction? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a
generic brand lollipop? I'm on the abmlcomp mailing list, but I'm
lost. What is it? How does one join in on the action? Are there
roleplaying MU*s based on this theme? Besides the 'Modems of the
Queen', are there any other games out there? What sorts of IRC
channels are available? Could this have really all been answered
in a FAQ?

Welp, that'll do for now. :)

Herald Lily
who can't think of a .sig

n k holcomb

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96

Greetings, Herald Lily:

think so; someone here will help you out, no doubt; because a cow's hoof
(no matter how you color it up) is still a cow's hoof; nope; write away;
just crunch it (it's faster); like love, a many splendored thing; write
away (sorry to be repetitiously redundant); I don't believe any sanctioned
ones; baseball is good; Irish Roman Catholics should _only_ channel to St
Bridget or St Parick; no, no, a thousand times, no! (The foregoing my own
humble opinions, except for the ones about the cow's hoof and the
channeling for IRCs. Those two are immutable law.)

That said, welcome. Singing and dancing commences at nightfall, out by
the firepit. Step on out and meet the inhabitants; they're a friendly
bunch, for the most part, and they'll feed you up real good.

Nan

--
*************************
nhol...@halcon.com *

Evergreen

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96
l...@nevada.edu (LEONE ATCHISON) dropped 2 cents in the box to say:

[...]

Wow. I'll leave the questions to someone more knowledgable that me!
Except for the jello one. Reason is that General Foods makes them to
all taste the same and has been faking people out for years. <g>

1,635,835 Welcomes and at least as many hugs! Usual warnings...beware
of flying food, Cruiser slurps, and Fluffy hairballs. I never throw
food, too much waste.

I genteeeeeely offer you <on the best Nippon china, no less> 3/4 of a
Shoo-Fly Pie, a dozen faustnauts, and 3 Cadbury Creme eggs. I also
have an extra gremlin or two, but they're asleep and safely caged at
the moment.

You've found the usenet asylum for "normal" people. Hope you enjoy
the crazyness!

! ^ ^
/%\ O O
/%%%\ V
/%O O%\
/%%\^/%%\ Evergreen
/%%%%%%%%%\
~~~~~] [~~~~~ """You're only old when the magic dies"""

wwe...@oak.kcsd.k12.pa.us (Evergreen)

jenmat

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96
In article <4g623o$i...@jake.esu.edu>,

wwe...@oak.kcsd.k12.pa.us (Evergreen) wrote:
l...@nevada.edu (LEONE ATCHISON) dropped 2 cents in the box to say:

>>:)Hello all!

>>:)Yet another one from the fearful ... achem ... fearless Newbie Delurker
>>:)of the Minute.

<snip>

>>:)Welp, that'll do for now. :)

>>:)Herald Lily
>>:)who can't think of a .sig

>1,635,835 Welcomes and at least as many hugs! Usual warnings...beware
>of flying food, Cruiser slurps, and Fluffy hairballs. I never throw
>food, too much waste.

<snip>

>You've found the usenet asylum for "normal" people. Hope you enjoy
>the crazyness!

> ! ^ ^
> /%\ O O
> /%%%\ V
> /%O O%\
> /%%\^/%%\ Evergreen
> /%%%%%%%%%\

::Hey, you don't have to warn people about me. I'm supposed to be a
pleasant surprise. Keep the warnings for Firesong...*toothy grin* I don't
discourage flying food. It's very easy to catch. But welcome, Herald Lily.
Have lots and lots and lots of drooly, slobbery, wet kisses!::

Cruiser, the Mountain Heir

ShadowBlade

Feb 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/19/96
l...@nevada.edu (LEONE ATCHISON) wrote:

>Hello all!

>Yet another one from the fearful ... achem ... fearless Newbie Delurker
>of the Minute.

>Help!

>What Internet/Lackey related groups, places, pages, etc are there?
All I know of are the ones I've never tried, so I don't know if
they work. <grin>
http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/ism/lackey/lackey.html
http://www.portal.com/~jerry/lackey/lackey_reviews.html
As I said, I don't know whether either of them is up and running.
You might also try using a search engine.

>Is there a FAQ which would answer it all? Who can I contact? Why

Captain Fluffy, the keeper of the FAQ!

>does jello always taste the same, even if the colors are 'cherry'

>or 'lime'? Can we RolePlay in the Velgarath world? What about fan

No roleplay _in_ Velgarth, sorry. Also no fanfic.

>fiction? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a

>generic brand lollipop?

Ummm...

>I'm on the abmlcomp mailing list, but I'm

>lost. What is it? How does one join in on the action? Are there

I'm lost on that one too.

>roleplaying MU*s based on this theme? Besides the 'Modems of the

No MU*s, I beleive. I think that's under the "no Velgarth
roleplay"

>Queen', are there any other games out there? What sorts of IRC

What is "Modems of the Queen"? I've looked for IRC channels, but
I have yet to find one...

>channels are available? Could this have really all been answered

>in a FAQ?

Most of it, probably. But it's so much more _fun_ this way!<g>

>Welp, that'll do for now. :)

>Herald Lily

>who can't think of a .sig

welcomewelcomewelcome!!!
I can't let you get away without your welcome presents!!!! Have
The Big Book of Answers About Everything You _Don't_ Want to Know,
lots of cherry flavored Starburst and a big, fuzzly,
HUGHUGHUG........HUGHUGHUG...HUGHUGHUG........HUGHUGHUG...........HUGHUGHUGHUGHUG
HUGHUGHUG........HUGHUGHUG...HUGHUGHUG........HUGHUGHUG...........HUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUG
[...]
!!!!!! Have fun!!!

Zha'hai'allav'a,
))
@====|%} ShadowBlade
))

Jadefire

Feb 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/20/96
In article <nholcomb-170...@blv-pm3-ip26.halcyon.com>,
nhol...@halcyon.com (n k holcomb) wrote:

> In article <4fpeet$h...@news.nevada.edu>, l...@nevada.edu (LEONE ATCHISON) wrote:
>
> > Hello all!
> >
> > Yet another one from the fearful ... achem ... fearless Newbie Delurker
> > of the Minute.
> >
> > Help!
> >
> > What Internet/Lackey related groups, places, pages, etc are there?

> > Is there a FAQ which would answer it all? Who can I contact? Why

> > does jello always taste the same, even if the colors are 'cherry'
> > or 'lime'? Can we RolePlay in the Velgarath world? What about fan

> > fiction? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a

> > generic brand lollipop? I'm on the abmlcomp mailing list, but I'm

> > lost. What is it? How does one join in on the action? Are there

> > roleplaying MU*s based on this theme? Besides the 'Modems of the

> > Queen', are there any other games out there? What sorts of IRC

> > channels are available? Could this have really all been answered
> > in a FAQ?
> >

> > Welp, that'll do for now. :)
> >
> > Herald Lily
> > who can't think of a .sig
>

> Greetings, Herald Lily:

[snip]

> That said, welcome. Singing and dancing commences at nightfall, out by
> the firepit. Step on out and meet the inhabitants; they're a friendly
> bunch, for the most part, and they'll feed you up real good.
>
> Nan

[snip]

Welcome! Here, have some mandrain oranges, firecrackers and yummy love
letters (the Chinese biscuits, not the paper type).

Yes, its Chinese New Year, and every newbie I greet will get a virtual red
packet with $200 in virtual monopoly dollars in it.

For your info, I'll send you the latest FAQ by email. It was last posted
by Fluffy. (Hi Fluffs, has Jade changed your colour again, and are you
still stuck 50' up that tree?)

Misty has disallowed the use of her characters and other intellectual
property by fans, and the reason is in the FAQ.

We do have a 'sorta' roleplay here, where we turn up at the Book & Bridle
Inn. Sadly, its closed for renovations at the moment, as the Innkeeper,
Heartlight, is not available. :-( (Jadefire misses Heartlight quite a
bit)

Enjoy yourself in this flameproof newsgroup, although SPAMS quickly
attract the flamethrowers.....
--
Seeya Starside!

Jadefire
--------
'Rimmer's Rule: Never fight anything with more teeth than the entire Osmond family' - Red Dwarf -

Tritiana

Feb 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/21/96
On 21 Feb 1996, Cptn. Silkfur McFluffy wrote:

> fwoooosh ... Fwoooosh ... FWoooosh ... FWOooosh ... FWOOoosh ...
>
> FWOOOosh ... FWOOOOsh ... FWOOOOSh ... FWOOOOSH ... POUNCING
>
> ****YOU HAVE BEEN FLUFFED****
>
> DISENGAGING FWOOOOSH ... FWOOOOSh ... FWOOOOSH ... FWOOOosh ...
>
> FWOOoosh ... FWOooosh ... FWoooosh ... Fwoooosh ... fwoooosh ...
>
> Welcome!!!
> The Faq is in the mail
> The Fluffy

Could I get a copy too, please?

Tritiana

Cptn. Silkfur McFluffy

Feb 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/21/96

LEONE ATCHISON (l...@nevada.edu) wrote:
[...]

Captain Silkfur McFluffy | ... To seek out new species of mice to conquer,
Commander Tia Clawmarks | ... To discover new fabrics to shred,
Starship AACK.Hairball | ... To purr where no cat has purred before,
mailto:tpa...@metronet.com | http://www.metronet.com/~tpaulk/Fluffy.html

D Davis

Feb 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/22/96
<snip>

: >What Internet/Lackey related groups, places, pages, etc are there?

: All I know of are the ones I've never tried, so I don't know if

: they work. <grin>
: http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/ism/lackey/lackey.html
: http://www.portal.com/~jerry/lackey/lackey_reviews.html
: As I said, I don't know whether either of them is up and running.
: You might also try using a search engine.

:

<more snipping>

: >roleplaying MU*s based on this theme? Besides the 'Modems of the
:

: No MU*s, I beleive. I think that's under the "no Velgarth
: roleplay"
:

: >Queen', are there any other games out there? What sorts of IRC
:

: What is "Modems of the Queen"? I've looked for IRC channels, but

: I have yet to find one...

"Modems of the Queen" is an on-line fanclub for people who use GEnie
(the GE-owned server/private-net). It is not accessible to anyone who
does not subscribe to GEnie's service, so you can forget about it unless
you are really interested in switching servers. I only know about it
because my sister uses them as her server. It is part of the 'Queen's
Own' fan club, and requires a monthly membership fee of $8 to pay for a
newsletter to members. If you don't want the newsletter, you don't need
to pay.

I understand that there is another on-line fanclub in aol.com
called "Arrows On-Line" and it is a similar situation (no outside access).

If anyone knows a way to sneak-in (legally, of course) I would
love to hear about it.
-- Talyn
Quote of the day:
The Rose Bowl is the only bowl I've seen that I didn't have to clean.
-- Erma Bombeck
Ask me about ConDUIT, the Salt Lake City SF&F convention,
or visit the web page : http://www.xmission.com:80/~kitsune/conduit

Des Davies

Feb 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/23/96
FAQ!! Why was this kept a secret!
Do we need to do anything special to get a copy! <grin>

>: Welp, that'll do for now. :)

>: Herald Lily
>: who can't think of a .sig

Now as for Herald Lily, a most bright and hearty welcome to you!
<smile>

I've been a little lax in keeping up with this group lately so others
have probably already gotten into greeting mode before me. However,
pull up a seat, join the family and tuck into all the wonderfully
tasty, but absolutely non-fattening (thank the Star-Eyed!) food on
offer. For my contribution I have some hot and freshly baked garlic
bread and a pitcher of lemonade - well half a pitcher at least! (I was
thirsty! <smile>

Not forgetting the plethora of warm and welcoming HUGS!

Four Winds,
Mei'rion shena Tale'sedrin

LEONE ATCHISON

Feb 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/24/96
Thank you all (both the ones here and the ones who responded privately)
for the friendly, friendly, FRIENDLY greetings and food and music and
invitations and slobery kisses!

Here's to a long, wonderful abml existance. <clink>

Herald Lily,
who has a question. How do you get rid of that annoying real name at the
top there, all in bold, capital letters?

vj

Mar 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/10/96
scribbling on walls from l...@nevada.edu (LEONE ATCHISON) reads:
*Thank you all (both the ones here and the ones who responded privately)
*for the friendly, friendly, FRIENDLY greetings and food and music and
*invitations and slobery kisses!
*Here's to a long, wonderful abml existance. <clink>
*Herald Lily,
*who has a question. How do you get rid of that annoying real name at the
*top there, all in bold, capital letters?

<BLINK> Change it? As in under "preferences"?

vicki

| If you really WANT to make a big, fat target |
| out of me, I wish you'd tell me. There are |
| easier ways to get rid of me. |
| Elspeth - Winds of Fate - 102 |