Mr Trunp

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 16, 2016, 12:41:43 AM1/16/16
Is not my cup of tea but her is a highly successful buisman. The closest we come to Mr Trump is Sir Richard Branson who likes Mr Trump likes his toys.

Footloose

Jan 16, 2016, 1:39:11 AM1/16/16
On Friday, January 15, 2016 at 9:41:43 PM UTC-8, Pharting Buffalo wrote:
> Is not my cup of tea but her is a highly successful buisman. The closest we come to Mr Trump is Sir Richard Branson who likes Mr Trump likes his toys.

Wouldn't you say that your royal family also likes their toys? Mr.s Trump and Branson, I believe pay their own way. That is a significant difference.

Charlie

By the way what is (or who is) your "cup of tea"?

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 16, 2016, 4:29:40 AM1/16/16
Our Royals pay their own way.

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 16, 2016, 4:34:43 AM1/16/16
On Saturday, 16 January 2016 06:39:11 UTC, Footloose wrote:
Mr Trump aggressiveness as opposed to Branson public personality can grate but he has accomplished a great deal. My daughter live in an apartment I purchased for her from the Trump company and says that the service if first class Kirsten is married to the man who heads up the Marvel organization and he also speak well of Trump's buildings. He says good value for money.

Footloose

Jan 16, 2016, 10:51:14 AM1/16/16
Aggressiveness and brashness as description of Donald Trump are valid IMO. Integrity is also applicable.

I would say that in my experience in life that people with integrity suffer fools not at all. Therefore they are usually thought to be brash. NOT PC.

Charlie

Footloose

Jan 16, 2016, 11:43:08 AM1/16/16
Explain.

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 16, 2016, 11:50:28 AM1/16/16
The income from Royal property, on which our Queen pays taxes, support the Royal. family, My cup of tea would be someone Like Branson or Dyson.

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 16, 2016, 11:52:54 AM1/16/16
Sorry forgot the references: Crown Estate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Estate
The monarch's remaining land was divided into royal manors, each .... maintain and enhance the capital value of the estate and its revenue income; but at the ...
‎Intertidal zone - ‎Regent Street - ‎Category:Crown Estate
Record profits at Crown Estate boost Queen's income - The ...
21 Jun 2012 - The Queen is set to enjoy a sharp rise in income after the flourishing ... “The Sovereign Grant, which is designed to put Royal Finances on a ...
Queen's income from royal estate rises to £16m | UK news ...
23 Jul 2015 - Queen's income from royal estate rises to £16m. The Queen's annual income from her private Duchy of Lancaster estate has risen to £16m – an increase of 18%, or £2.4m, on 2014, accounts show.
Financial information - The Crown Estate
www.thecrownestate.co.uk › Our business
This year we've gone beyond our targets and delivered £285.1 million revenue profit to the Treasury, up from £267.1 million in the previous year. Integrated ...
The Crown Estate - The British Monarchy
www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHousehold/Royalfinances/CrownEstatesxyz....
Information about the portfolio of estates managed by the Government. ... managed on behalf of the Government and the surplus revenue would go to the Treasury. ... Windsor Great Park is the only Royal Park managed by the Crown Estate.

Footloose

Jan 16, 2016, 12:01:39 PM1/16/16
Why do taxpayers pay for her helicopters and jets as stated in the post earlier?

Branson and Trump earn their luxury.

Charlie

Footloose

Jan 16, 2016, 12:11:12 PM1/16/16
How did the Queen "earn" those properties. Did she or her ancestors actually buy and pay for those properties which she is earning those significant amounts?

It is all a mystery to me.

Charlie

Footloose

Jan 16, 2016, 12:13:59 PM1/16/16
I wonder if Gordon feels any vulgar thoughts about the queen having so much extravagance and so little indication that she "earned" any of it.

Charlie

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 16, 2016, 12:22:44 PM1/16/16
Although the ownership of some property can be traced back to Edward the Confessor, the estate as a whole essentially dates from 1066.
• Recent history – modernisation
• History
Some of our recent achievements illustrate this. During the last ten years we have:
• grown the value of the property portfolio from a £4 billion to a £8.1 billion business
• delivered over £2 billion to the Treasury for the benefit of the nation
• been awarded 'Investor in People' status every year since 2003, and the 'one to watch' status in The Sunday Times list of top 100 companies
• nurtured one of the nation's largest rural estates, which is now valued at almost £1.2 billion
• delivered an award winning £1 billion regeneration of Regent Street to create an international shopping and retail destination
• commenced a £500 million programme of investment to enhance and refine the properties in our other core central London portfolio, St James's
• constructed a significant portfolio of prime retail assets across the country
• established property partnerships with international, institutional investors, including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan, Norges Bank Investment Management and Land Securities
• committed over £100 million to help drive the UK's fast growing offshore renewable energy industry
• won over 30 nationally recognised awards including 'Deal of the Year' from Property Week magazine, and in 2012 the IP Real Estate Awards 'Best Value-added Investment' and 'Best Institutional Investor in UK & Ireland', as well as Building Awards 2012 - Building Magazine Project of the Year
• overseen the installation of offshore wind farms that are already meeting the electricity needs of 1.4 million homes
• adopted a proactive, co-investment approach to our Round 3 offshore wind leasing, which has resulted in the UK leading the world in the offshore wind market
• helped establish a new renewable industry by completing the world's first commercial wave and tidal leading rounds
• invested over £1 million on maintenance and improvement of the mooring facilities on the River Hamble
• acquired three marinas as part of our marine diversification investment policy.
http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/who-we-are/our-history/

Footloose

Jan 16, 2016, 12:34:36 PM1/16/16
Have these claims ever been audited as taxpayers filing are often audited?

How is it that the royal family seems to have been able to keep and maintain AND significantly profit from these vast estates while we know that most of your lords and ladies have been unable to maintain their gaudy estates in the modern world?

How is this possible. Are the taxpayers giving the royal family a HUGE pass on everything?

Charlie

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 16, 2016, 12:51:14 PM1/16/16
The Crown is a net contributor to the treasury. Peers are responsible for their own financial affairs I know one who is a plumber. In addition the Crown is a heavy investor in energy production. Members of the Royal family pay personal income tax at standard rates

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 16, 2016, 12:54:14 PM1/16/16
woops forgot the only pay from the treasury for Lords or Ladies is a per diem when they attend the House of Lords

Jan

Jan 16, 2016, 4:14:29 PM1/16/16
Charlie, the Royal Family only use tax-payer funded air transport on state or
official duties. This costs a lot less than the US tax-payers who pay for a massive
plane and helicopters to transport your President on fund-raisers, vacations and
golf.<g>
When Her Majesty went to Sandringham recently, she caught the train, when was the
last time Obama or any other President caught a train?<g>
Jan
"If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined"

Footloose

Jan 16, 2016, 4:23:48 PM1/16/16
Are you asking me to defend Obama?

Footloose

Jan 16, 2016, 4:27:53 PM1/16/16
On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 1:14:29 PM UTC-8, Jan wrote:
I note that in that photo of the, then new, helicopter, that is has the crest of the royal family or the Queen. Do you think that helicopter is then used for other purposes? If not that is the cost of the Queen.

Charlie

Jan

Jan 16, 2016, 6:30:44 PM1/16/16
Your choice.<g>

Jan

Jan 16, 2016, 6:43:56 PM1/16/16
Try and wrap your mind around the fact that Queen Elizabeth II is the Head of State,
she is not expected to fly around in economy class.
For all the information on the Royal Family and Government Flights and aircraft see
here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_transport_of_the_Royal_Family_and_government_of_the_United_Kingdom#The_Royal_Squadron

Gordon H

Jan 17, 2016, 6:47:51 AM1/17/16
On 16/01/2016 17:11, Footloose wrote:

> How did the Queen "earn" those properties. Did she or her ancestors actually buy and pay for those properties which she is earning those significant amounts?
>
> It is all a mystery to me.
>
> Charlie

The Establishment in Britain was formed when the land and property was
stolen from the poor with the assistance of sycophants, who were then
granted titles.

The rest is history, Charlie, but the Queen has served her country with
dedication and honour, since the responsibility was thrown on her young
shoulders upon the death of her father.
Only an avid Republican would fail to love such a Queen, regardless of
what the public may think of the rest of the "Royals".

There is hope, after the injection of fresh blood from the "commoner"
Diana, in her sons, Princes William and Harry, who have a much closer
empathy with the public. Both have served in the Armed Forces, and
followed up their mother's charity work.

--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply

Gordon H

Jan 17, 2016, 6:49:54 AM1/17/16
On 16/01/2016 17:13, Footloose wrote:

> I wonder if Gordon feels any vulgar thoughts about the queen having so much extravagance and so little indication that she "earned" any of it.
>
> Charlie

I think I have answered that elsewhere, and consider that she has earned
the respect of the vast majority of the British public.

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 17, 2016, 7:41:10 AM1/17/16
Diana was from a noble family, her father an Earl, she was not a commoner.

Gordon H

Jan 17, 2016, 8:48:05 AM1/17/16
By comparison to the Royals, she was a very ordinary girl, a children's
nanny.
Titles can be granted 'for favours' and can be bought.

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 17, 2016, 8:58:25 AM1/17/16
as usual half vast;

Diana, Princess of Wales, formerly Lady Diana Frances Spencer, was born on 1 July 1961 at Park House near Sandringham, Norfolk. She was the youngest daughter of the then Viscount and Viscountess Althorp, now the late (8th) Earl Spencer and the late Hon. Mrs Shand-Kydd, daughter of the 4th Baron Fermoy.
Earl Spencer was Equerry to George VI from 1950 to 1952, and to The Queen from 1952 to 1954. Lady Diana's parents, who had married in 1954, separated in 1967 and the marriage was dissolved in 1969. Earl Spencer later married Raine, Countess of Dartmouth in 1976.
Together with her two elder sisters Sarah (born 1955), Jane (born 1957) and her younger brother Charles (born 1964), Lady Diana continued to live with her father at Park House, Sandringham, until the death of her grandfather, the 7th Earl Spencer. In 1975, the family moved to the Spencer seat at Althorp (a stately house dating from 1508) in Northamptonshire, in the English Midlands.
Lady Diana was educated first at a preparatory school, Riddlesworth Hall at Diss, Norfolk, and then in 1974 went as a boarder to West Heath, near Sevenoaks, Kent. At school she showed a particular talent for music (as an accomplished pianist), dancing and domestic science, and gained the school's award for the girl giving maximum help to the school and her schoolfellows.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/HistoryoftheMonarchy/The%20House%20of%20Windsor%20from%201952/DianaPrincessofWales/Childhood.aspx

Gordon H

Jan 17, 2016, 9:18:45 AM1/17/16
On 17/01/2016 13:58, Pharting Buffalo wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 January 2016 13:48:05 UTC, Gordon H wrote:

>> By comparison to the Royals, she was a very ordinary girl, a children's
>> nanny.

>> Gordon H

At school she showed a particular talent for music (as an accomplished
pianist), dancing and domestic science, and gained the school's award
for the girl giving maximum help to the school and her schoolfellows.

Very amusing! The last sentence reveals that she was an academic failure.

Janet

Jan 17, 2016, 10:16:06 AM1/17/16
In article <n7g7n1$oh6$1...@dont-email.me>, Gor...@g3snx.demon.co.invalid
says...
She left school without a single O level.

Janet

Pharting Buffalo

Jan 17, 2016, 10:27:04 AM1/17/16
True and even dropped out of a Swiss college so what? She did produce a good lad in her oldest son I wonder if Harry was the son of Prince Charles and many other people attribute his parentage to James Hewitt it make no difference Prince Charles and the Queen accepted both boy as their own.

Gordon H

Jan 17, 2016, 10:38:15 AM1/17/16
She was selected as a brood mare to improve the Royal bloodstock.

Footloose

Jan 17, 2016, 10:55:15 AM1/17/16
Your Queen is a gracious woman. I have admiration for her and the way she is able to show graciousness. She showed great aplomb with Margaret Thatcher.

My posts of the last day or so was to show how distasteful it is for outsiders to play in another country's political scene.

Charlie