THE PARTNER - Eva Miranda

SysOp8976

May 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/26/00
SPOILER ALERT !!!

What do you think happened to Eva? Did she run away with the millions
leaving Patrick high and dry?

Or, was she kidnapped by someone? Remember that she felt she was being
followed near the end...

David Cross

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00
In article <38808c79...@news.clinton.net>, rand...@clinton.net
says...

>I would agree with you. I read the book again recently looking for
>clues that Eva was thinking of bolting on Patrick. There were some
>subtle clues but my guess is most readers (including myself) would not
>pick up on them and be surprised and disappointed with the ending.
>Even with re-reading the book and already knowing what Eva had in
>mind, the clues were still hard to pick up.

Hi...

The person who wrote this, if you are still around and you have re-read "The
Partner", could you elaborate on this? I couldn't really catch any hints of
any kind......

gre...@my-deja.com

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00
"SysOp8976" <syso...@nethouse.org> wrote:

>What do you think happened to Eva? Did she run away with the millions
>leaving Patrick high and dry?

Yup, here are some lines in the last page of the book that say it all:

"...She knew where to hide, and how to disappear, and how to change
identities, and how to move money instantly, and how to spend it
without drawing attention...She had learned from the master. Patrick
had taught her all too well the art of vanishing. No one would find
Eva, unless of course, she wanted them to." -- The Partner

>Or, was she kidnapped by someone? Remember that she felt she was being
>followed near the end...

That's for Grisham to decide if he writes a sequel.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

gre...@my-deja.com

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00
David Cross wrote:
> In article <38808c79...@news.clinton.net>, rand...@clinton.net
> says...
>
>>I would agree with you. I read the book again recently looking for
>>clues that Eva was thinking of bolting on Patrick. There were some
>>subtle clues but my guess is most readers (including myself) would not
>>pick up on them and be surprised and disappointed with the ending.
>>Even with re-reading the book and already knowing what Eva had in
>>mind, the clues were still hard to pick up.

Precisely the reason why they get disappointed with the ending, no
clues at all.

>Hi...
>
>The person who wrote this, if you are still around and you have re-
>read "The Partner", could you elaborate on this? I couldn't really
>catch any hints of any kind...

Hi people, any suggestions who should play Patrick and Eva if The
Partner is turned into a movie?

Mine: Patrick/Danilo - Bill Paxton, David Duchovny, Russel Crowe
Eva Miranda - Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, Gillian Anderson

LittleO

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00
My theory is unacceptable to most people I talk to, but I
think Eva had it in her heart to take the money and run
from the beginning.

If she was confused by her emotions at various points in
the book, in the end she returned to plan A.

The whole book is about Patrick taking avantage of the
folly and carelessness of others. In the end, it was his
own folly in trusting Eva with his secrets that unraveled
his brilliantly woven plan.

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Jay

May 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/27/00
That's a good interpretation. I think you might be right.

amrick31

Jun 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/14/00
In article <vuRX4.1$E3...@bunson.tor.sfl.net>,

"Jay" <jay...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> That's a good interpretation. I think you might be right.
>
> LittleO wrote in message <0a399f00.99e879b7@usw-ex0108-

061.remarq.com>...
> >My theory is unacceptable to most people I talk to, but I
> >think Eva had it in her heart to take the money and run
> >from the beginning.
> >
> >If she was confused by her emotions at various points in
> >the book, in the end she returned to plan A.
> >
> >The whole book is about Patrick taking avantage of the
> >folly and carelessness of others. In the end, it was his
> >own folly in trusting Eva with his secrets that unraveled
> >his brilliantly woven plan.
> >

> >* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also
find
> related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart
is
> Beautiful
>
> i thought it was poetic justice, what happened to patrick, after all
he got away with every charge against him, he should have been punished
in some way. so its only right that he gets a taste of his own
medeicine. althought i felt sorry because eva ran off with the money.

what a sad ending

--
A.Singh

linkth...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2014, 7:52:02 PM10/29/14
On Friday, May 26, 2000 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, SysOp8976 wrote:
> SPOILER ALERT !!!
>

> What do you think happened to Eva? Did she run away with the millions
> leaving Patrick high and dry?
>
> Or, was she kidnapped by someone? Remember that she felt she was being
> followed near the end...

What about Green-Eyed man?

yiple...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2016, 2:23:34 PM7/7/16
Right... I forgot about him, was he FBI, jack Stephano's crew or maybe something else altogether ?

yiple...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2016, 2:25:25 PM7/7/16
I have to say I have never been so dissatisfied with an ending. I literally threw the book in the sand after finishing it (was at the beach). To me the ending completely ruined the otherwise beautiful book.

pattyla...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2017, 3:05:28 AM2/2/17
Somebody got Eva but Patrick dosent seem to care that much. He reminded me of what's her name in Gone With The Wind, he'll think about it tomorrow. Patrick is a sociopath and they don't really know how to love.

cheer...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2017, 4:21:47 PM8/18/17
It's a stupid book this whole thing. Why steal 90 million only to be caught purposely. Why didn't Eva take the money during the 4 years she waited. And if Patrick believes himself to be the best teacher in disappearing, why did he worry about being found, and had to purposely tip off his own location to be caught. I think it's disappointing and stupid.

tch...@rpinj.com

Nov 18, 2017, 1:52:57 PM11/18/17
On Friday, May 26, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, SysOp8976 wrote:
> SPOILER ALERT !!!
>

> What do you think happened to Eva? Did she run away with the millions
> leaving Patrick high and dry?
>
> Or, was she kidnapped by someone? Remember that she felt she was being
> followed near the end...

Im some what on board with the below theory that she had it planned from jump street to an extent. then more and more things pushed her over the edge. kidnap of her father, herself being jailed, patricks general arrogance. and as mentioned, she learned from the master, ... I really, really hope for a sequel

jill...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2018, 8:36:58 PM4/7/18
On Friday, May 26, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, SysOp8976 wrote:
> SPOILER ALERT !!!
>

> What do you think happened to Eva? Did she run away with the millions
> leaving Patrick high and dry?
>
> Or, was she kidnapped by someone? Remember that she felt she was being
> followed near the end...

REMEMBER THE GUY WITH THE GREEN EYES THAT KEPT SEEING AT THE MARKET THEN EVERYWHERE THAT DAY? IT WAS RIGHT BEFORE SHE RAN AND GOT CAUGHT RETURNING AT THE AIPORT SECURITY. WHO WAS THE GUY WITH THE GREEN EYES?

kilpatr...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2020, 6:41:54 PM6/12/20
On Saturday, May 27, 2000 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, LittleO wrote:
> My theory is unacceptable to most people I talk to, but I
> think Eva had it in her heart to take the money and run
> from the beginning.
>
> If she was confused by her emotions at various points in
> the book, in the end she returned to plan A.
>
> The whole book is about Patrick taking avantage of the
> folly and carelessness of others. In the end, it was his
> own folly in trusting Eva with his secrets that unraveled
> his brilliantly woven plan.
>

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

I think thats bang on correct. She has to wait for the plan to be complete to get the feds etc off his tail and make the money clean. Then no one official can chase her and she disappears with the dosh.

kilpatr...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2020, 6:46:13 PM6/12/20
On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 9:21:47 PM UTC+1, cheer...@gmail.com wrote:
> It's a stupid book this whole thing. Why steal 90 million only to be caught purposely. Why didn't Eva take the money during the 4 years she waited. And if Patrick believes himself to be the best teacher in disappearing, why did he worry about being found, and had to purposely tip off his own location to be caught. I think it's disappointing and stupid.

1. He wasn't originally going to get caught purposefully, he got tired of a life looking over his shoulder so made a plan to keep what he could and not be chased forever. 2. She didn't take the money originally because she may have wanted to wait until the plan was complete and the money was clean so that no one (official) would chase her. Patrick also wouldn't have the resources to chase her after she takes everything, as we see at the end. His car journey with Sandy to his mums house conversation explains it all well.

Dave McColl

Sep 22, 2022, 8:48:53 PM9/22/22
Eva Miranda is Benny Aricia's girlfriend. The FBI tailed her in London, bugged her phone, nabbed Benny and then Eva flew to Sweden.

Dave McColl

Sep 22, 2022, 8:50:56 PM9/22/22
Eva Miranda is Benny Aricia's girlfriend. FBI tailed her in London, bugged her phone, picked up Benny and Eva flew to Sweden.

Iddi Ganguma

Mar 30, 2023, 5:31:23 AM3/30/23
On Thursday, 2 February 2017 at 11:05:28 UTC+3, pattyla...@gmail.com wrote:
> Somebody got Eva but Patrick dosent seem to care that much. He reminded me of what's her name in Gone With The Wind, he'll think about it tomorrow. Patrick is a sociopath and they don't really know how to love.
Scarlett O'hara.

Mike Lytle

May 16, 2023, 5:46:50 PM5/16/23
I think Jack Stephano had his henchmen find Eva. Remember, he went to see Sandy at the end of the book and he suspected Eva was the person who controlled the Pluto boys. They found Eva, tortured her until she revealed where the money was and then killed her. That's why she never showed up for Patrick at the end. I think Patrick and Eva were both in love together so she would never skip out him.