Lestat real?

KoRnGoth

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
I don't know... maybe I'm crazy... but hey, this isn't my theory
really. It was induced by an old girlfriend of mine. She believed
vehemently that Lestat was a real person and that he convinced Anne
Rice to write his story. I guess she was just someone too wrapped up
in the story. With the exception of the MTV Videos and the Badn and
the Concert, I guess It's plausible to the fantastical part of our
brains. the part that wants to believe that Lestat and Louis and
Armand and all the rest really exist. I believe that there are
vampires out there. It's just my definition of a vampire that
justifies this crazy idea. my definition of a vampire is someone who
is aroused by the ingestion of another's blood. I'm not sure that
there are really humanoid beings that need to feed on the blood of the
living to live through the night. What I mean by live is to sustain a
heartbeat. I'm not going to try and go into the science of being an
undead being and yet having the qualities of a fully animated person.
Just a few thoughts to ponder from an Anne Rice fan

rgrace

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
Well, the books are unusual in that they 'exist' in the novels - in the
Vampire Lestat, he buys a copy of Interview at the beginning. To actually
believe they are real, and are actual autobiographies is taking the whole
concept a little far in my opinion.........

Rob

KoRnGoth <korng...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

April Mist

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
>I don't know... maybe I'm crazy... but hey, this isn't my theory
>really. It was induced by an old girlfriend of mine. She believed
>vehemently that Lestat was a real person and that he convinced Anne
>Rice to write his story

<Smile!>

You know, when ever I visit New Orleans, and walk through the French Quarter at
night, I find myself thinking the same thoughts.

Then I go home and Real Life sets in.<G>

Cathy

Dahlia3064

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
Well, I think that a large majority of Anne Rice fans have pondered that Lestat
and Co. are real. I know that I have. So, you are not alone in your musings,
but don't become obsessed. Lestat doesn't like stalkers.
OK, I went too far there. hehehe
Dahlia
Truth is eternal. Knowledge is changeable. It is disasterous to confuse the
two.
Madeline L'Engle

Laura

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99

Creek wrote:

> I don't know, maybe I'm just too anchored in reality, but I've never
> once considered that these characters are real. They are real in the
> sense that they now "exist" within our culture and in our minds, but
> none of us is going to walk into Lestat or Louis anytime soon.

I believe that they are 'real' in that they are part of the lady known
as Anne Rice. They exist inside her mind, they are part of her, part
of who she is. Also, many characters in her novels are based upon
real people.

> If you take the books at face value, then it's impossible for them to
> be real. Anne owns St. E's and it is the home of her family, her doll
> collection, and Stan's paintings...no vampires there, no Lestat
> sleeping under the cross.

One of the things that Anne does to make her stories seem even
more real is that she uses real places. I've walked by the house
on Divisado many, many times. It's beautiful and it's real. All
the places she mentions in her books help tie the stories to
reality. I've wondered, as I look at the beautiful windows and
"gingerbread" exactly what went on in Anne's mind to give her
these extra-ordinary ideas.

> There was never a veil at St. Patricks. I
> think it is safe to say if that kind of an ikon really existed we all
> definately would have heard something about it.

Veronica's veil is real. It's in St. Peter's and has been there for
many years. The name Veronica means "true image" and the name
actually refers to the veil, not the woman. It came to be the woman's
name down through history.
http://couponsurfer.infoplease.com/ce5/CE054079.html

Other search engines will also get more information.

> Jeez, I told you I was too anchored in reality ;-)
> Creek

The wonderful thing about Anne's books/writings is that
we can leave reality for a short time and enter a world
that seems as real as our own. Anne is a storyteller
of great talent.

BTW, Creek, your posts are always exceptional.
Thanks for contributing so much to this group.

Laura F.

Laura

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99

Laura wrote:

>I've walked by the house
>on Divisado many, many times.

Oops, that should read Divisadero.

Laura

Dora

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99

April Mist wrote in message
<19990909101850...@ng-fb1.aol.com>...

>>I don't know... maybe I'm crazy... but hey, this isn't my theory
>>really. It was induced by an old girlfriend of mine. She believed
>>vehemently that Lestat was a real person and that he convinced Anne
>>Rice to write his story
>
><Smile!>
snip snip!

I'd love to think so . . .Actually I love the way the books exist within the
books, if you know what I mean. It makes me laugh when one of the Vamps
references something in pop culture e.g.. Leonardo Di Caprio being admired
by Louis (that is _so_ Louis) or The X-Files. As for them really existing .
. . Lestat are you lurking about here somewhere? He would love it in this
NG, so many people adore him so (myself included).
Lisa K (Dora)

Freaky ViVi

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
There's this girl living in my building who thinks she is a vampire. She can
go out in the daylight (she's been on a national tv show) and she's a ballet
teacher.

She had her teeth surgically alterred to be fangs, and she drinks of her
boyfriend's blood.....it's creepy, she really looks the part....

Vi

KoRnGoth <korng...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I don't know... maybe I'm crazy... but hey, this isn't my theory
> really. It was induced by an old girlfriend of mine. She believed
> vehemently that Lestat was a real person and that he convinced Anne

Creek

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
dahli...@aol.com (Dahlia3064) wrote:

I don't know, maybe I'm just too anchored in reality, but I've never
once considered that these characters are real. They are real in the
sense that they now "exist" within our culture and in our minds, but
none of us is going to walk into Lestat or Louis anytime soon.

If you take the books at face value, then it's impossible for them to
be real. Anne owns St. E's and it is the home of her family, her doll
collection, and Stan's paintings...no vampires there, no Lestat

sleeping under the cross. There was never a veil at St. Patricks. I

think it is safe to say if that kind of an ikon really existed we all

definately would have heard something about it. There was no reports
of mass murder in the 1980's, no mention of a concert gone awry. AND,
last but certainly not least, Lestat and Louis's townhouse on the Rue
Royal is opened to the public and wasn't built until the early 1800's,
I believe. Jeez, I told you I was too anchored in reality ;-)
Creek

Inannavii

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
Anne Rice is a wonderful author and she has written the Vampire Cronicles so
that they seem real. I often wonder myself if the gang is real...sometimes
even hope that such a beautiful creature lives, but I do think it's wrong to
get obsessed. So I have to say that I agree with you Madeline.
Jessica Dietterich

Gairid

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
Lestat & Co are real in my mind...that's good enough for me!

Yours, etc

Gairid
"...Don't fall so in love with the night
that you lose your way!"
LdeL

Lexi3981

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
Vi wrote:
>There's this girl living in my building who thinks she is a vampire. She can
>go out in the daylight (she's been on a national tv show) and she's a ballet
>teacher.
>
>She had her teeth surgically alterred to be fangs, and she drinks of her
>boyfriend's blood.....it's creepy, she really looks the part....
>
>Vi

I've seen a lot of people like that around, there is a whole subculture
of people in New York who are "vampires." They have fangs permanently attached
to their teeth, they dress the part and some of them are into blood sports
(drinking eachother's blood). There are vampire themed parties at various clubs
in the city every weekend. But actually, most of these vampires are regular
old friendly people who just happen to have an exotic fetish.
To each his own, I guess.

Lexi

Nickle82

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
What I think is Lestat and Co. do exits but not in the way that each one of
them is real. I think that every Rice fan has a part of Lestat or Louis or
Armand or (Name here) within each of them. Thus giving that vamp life. I guess
this could also go if someone is a Mayfair Witch fan or a fan of any other of
her books as well. But personaly I don't believe they are walking around in
some town. Although there have been times when I've changed that opinon.

~Nicole

Gemma Tiley

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99

Nickle82 wrote in message <19990910171535...@ng-ft1.aol.com>...

I feel the same way about autobiographical writing. Though the original
author may be dead the act of reading continually ressurects a small part of
zir thought processes. The experience which you relive as you read, whether
real or fictional, is essentially a living part of you. As such when you
read Lestat's tale and experience his emotions and difficulties those
emotions become real -after all, you're feeling them. The characters
themselves will never be full, realtime individuals but they are snapshots
of experience which can affect our thoughts in very real ways. Any
experience, written down and preserved, achieves a life beyond that of the
author or narrator.

Gemma

KoRnGoth

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99

Well said! I never thought this subject would be taken this far! I
have truly stumbled upon a bunch of people that aren't on usenet just
to flame others like on oterh groups. Thank you for allowing me a safe
haven to come to when I feel like getting away from all of the
childish name calling.

~In the past I was known as a freak. Had no friends picked on cuz I was weak~
-KoRn-
~The soul would have no rainbows if the eyes had no tears~
-Anonymous-
~...To a world that never appreciated sh*t you can suck my **** and f***ing like it!~
-KoRn-
~Fuck you I'm Fed Up with you I'm not as good as you fuck no I'm better than you~
-KoRn-

Creek

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99
inan...@aol.com (Inannavii) wrote:

Jessica, please explain "beautiful creature." Are you talking
physically or the whole package. Lestat might be drop dead gorgeous
(no pun intended), but I wouldn't say he's a beautiful creature.
I think Louis is the closest thing to being a truly beautiful
creature. I'm not much of a Louis fan, but I think out of all them he
does have the most beautiful of souls.
Creek

Creek

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99

>Veronica's veil is real. It's in St. Peter's and has been there for
>many years. The name Veronica means "true image" and the name
>actually refers to the veil, not the woman. It came to be the woman's
>name down through history.

I stand corrected. I never knew that it was real!! That's a very
interesting thing to know. Do you know when or how the veil came to be
in St. Peter's?

>The wonderful thing about Anne's books/writings is that
>we can leave reality for a short time and enter a world
>that seems as real as our own. Anne is a storyteller
>of great talent.

I agree, that is their most exceptional quality. You don't read one of
her books, you live it with the characters. I also like what someone
else said about the books being in the books and as you said, the real
places that are in the books. I agree the characters exist in Anne and
within our culture, but for any sane person to maintain a pretense of
any further reality to the stories...well, it's almost impossible.

>BTW, Creek, your posts are always exceptional.
>Thanks for contributing so much to this group.

Thank you for the compliment, Laura.
>Laura F.

Creek

mojo...@my-deja.com

Sep 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/12/99

Creek wrote:
> I stand corrected. I never knew that it was real!! That's a very
> interesting thing to know. Do you know when or how the veil came to be
> in St. Peter's?

I first heard about the veil being in St Peter's in 1971-1972.
I was told it had been there "for centuries", but there is very little
information about how it came to be there or how long it has been there.
I've seen the Shroud of Turin, and would like to see the Veil, or at
least pictures of it. As far as I know, there aren't any photographs.
Anyone knows of any, I'd be thrilled to see them.
It frequently bothered me that it might not be authentic <g>
and I wondered why the Holy Father didn't just compare the face
on the veil with the face on the Shroud of Turin (the supposed burial
cloth of Christ). Doesn't that make sense? If they were both
Christ, wouldn't the images be the same, or at least similiar ??

There is very little information about the veil to be found, either in
church literature, or lately, on the internet.
Just for the record, I don't think they are "real" in that they are
actually the imprinted face of Christ, but I do think they are very
interesting and historical artifacts. The Shroud has been proven to
be made around the time of Leonardo DaVinci. <G>

I wondered when I read Memnoch why Anne would even consider the "return
of the veil" since the veil was already "found" ages ago, and nobody
seems to care !!

Laura F.<prim...@jps.net>

<using Deja because my regular server didn't have Creek's response>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Gairid

Sep 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/12/99
>Well said! I never thought this subject would be taken this far! I
>have truly stumbled upon a bunch of people that aren't on usenet just
>to flame others like on oterh groups. Thank you for allowing me a safe
>haven to come to when I feel like getting away from all of the
>childish name calling.

I must say, I agree here...I've visited sever other sites, some are okay, but
this is definately one of the nicest places to visit.
The sniping that goes on in some of the other groups, although mildly
entertaining at times, DOES become tedious. And sometimes you have to wonder
if you signed into the right place, as there are next to no on-topic
discussions going on.
I'm fairly new to the newsgroups, and got seriously flamed & harassed just for
having an opinion..oh, well. I don't take these things personally, really, I've
a thicker hide than that, but it really IS very nice to come in here & read
some of the thought-provoking and/or hilarious observations. Thanks everyone
(And sorry for my verbosity!)

Yours, etc.

ophe...@earthlink.net

Sep 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/12/99

Gairid wrote:

Verbosity is always appriciated, and it makes me happy that I am not the only
person to use that word on a regular basis.

~Sara

Gairid

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
>Verbosity is always appriciated, and it makes me happy that I am not the only
>person to use that word on a regular basis.
>
>~Sara
>

></PRE></HTML>

Hi Sara...
Thanks...vocabulary CAN be fun, can't it? The people I work work with ask
me at least once a day what the "Word of the Day" is...(affectionaly of
course)...I can't help it! I love a good word, what can I say?

Verbosely and loquaciously yours,

Gairid

Michael

Sep 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/16/99
You know there are times when after reading a new book for about 8 or
so hours that i can't get Lestat or the others out of my head. It was
like that with queen of the damned when i read it the first time. I
was so into it that i called in from work and stayed home in bed all
day an finised the book.
after that Lestat and Akasha and the others were a real (altough
deluded) part of my life until i slept it off.
It is what makes reading so enjoyable, to loose ourselves in the lives
and views of other people, whether they are real or imaginary.
I too have walked the streets of New Orleans, took the tour, and did
all the cheesy stuf.
I still can't help but get a chill down my spine though when i walk by
the cemetarys and through the Quarter.

The Gothic Society of Virginia
"Experience the Beauty of Midnight"
http://juliet.colossus.net/darkgothic

LdyDisney

Sep 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/17/99
>Verbosely and loquaciously yours,
>
>Gairid

*smiles* Damn you're good.... I gotta love a person with good vocabulary
skills... :)
Lisa :)
http://members.xoom.com/LisasLair - Come & visit....

miladya...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2018, 8:00:00 AM12/20/18
HI

nancycuddlek...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2018, 2:08:48 AM12/26/18
On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 5:00:00 AM UTC-8, miladya...@gmail.com wrote:
> HI

Hi (:

nancycuddlek...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2019, 1:50:26 PM1/14/19
I never realized how old this post was. Anne Rice has stated that when shes out and about so to speak she sometimes sees her characters in her mind reacting to the world around her. And she feels as though sometimes Lestat feels real. Louis was a character closely related to her she claims. Shes been seen in videos going into stores and explaining how candy these days would only be offered up to the rich and aristocratic families. It's super fascinating. Almost like hes the modern equivalent of a tulpa. A thoughtform made real. In my reading I honestly see a different person from Anne Rice. I would never think she was the Author had I not known and met her randomly. I honestly thought even that some of her work is not entirely her own and shes witnessed events or heard stories from people living in New Orleans after reading blackwood farm.... I believe....Maybe Anne Rice has someone behind the curtain.

miladya...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2019, 11:42:29 AM2/1/19
HI I'M FROM IRAN ,MY FRIEND AND I THINK LESTAT IS REAL WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT HIM? IA HE REAL ?BECAUSE MY FRIEND GOT SIME SIGNALS ABOUT HIM,SHE SAW HIM IN THE SLEEP AND TALKED TO HIM ,WHAT DI YOU THINK GUYS

beccali...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2019, 7:52:02 AM2/8/19
Hey Nancy,

How did you meet Anne? I know she no longer lives in NOLA. Did you meet her before or after she moved? What makes you think that about “Blackwood” in particular?

madwitche...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2019, 10:55:07 PM2/19/19
On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 4:52:02 AM UTC-8, beccali...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey Nancy,
>
> How did you meet Anne? I know she no longer lives in NOLA. Did you meet her before or after she moved? What makes you think that about “Blackwood” in particular?

(I dunno if my last post posted so I'll use this account) When I meant MET I meant Livestream/video and facebook messages. ;A; I at first was confused at how different she seems verbal wise to the intricateness of her writing basically. But I also had a talk with my sister (whos a medium) and she believes anne just is good at zoning out and linking to events that may or may not be happening and drawing inspiration from in her lifetime. In regards to that one post in if lestats real....my sister thinks so. And when asked to anne directly about if lestat is here or real. She replies with. "he's here, but not here." And thats in one of her livestream videos I believe on facebook.

miladya...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2019, 12:29:57 PM3/2/19
HELLO MY FRIEND ,WELL i'm excited of your answer,anyway,i have some questions ,how did you feel lestat in your life??
And how does he look like?
Have you ever seen lestat in your dream??
Some people feel lestat and they belive he's real ,my close friend have some dreams about him ,and we both belive lestat is real
Please answer my question my friend ,I need to your answer
Thanks
Millad frim iran❤
Message has been deleted

beccali...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2019, 11:53:35 PM7/25/19
Hey,

I don’t think my last message posted. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Life has been getting in the way of everything. Thanks for the response! You probably don’t visit here anymore, but if I left my email do you think you could get me in touch with your sister? I’ve been looking for a medium for a long time! Please let me know :) if not I understand. Thanks!

madwitche...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2019, 1:28:50 AM7/30/19
On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 8:53:35 PM UTC-7, beccali...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I don’t think my last message posted. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Life has been getting in the way of everything. Thanks for the response! You probably don’t visit here anymore, but if I left my email do you think you could get me in touch with your sister? I’ve been looking for a medium for a long time! Please let me know :) if not I understand. Thanks!

Okay I can send you her facebook. But she doesn't like to talk about her psychic abilities too much. https://www.facebook.com/Thehmonster

info.onli...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2020, 2:50:55 PM3/6/20
Anne says the lestat is real, and she says lestat it's not real, lestar character resembles my wife Stan Rice
But again it changes the word it says
--Watch the movie Queen of the damend
Not only is it full of flaws, but the main actor is constantly changing

Still anyone in this group?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

info.onli...@gmail.com

May 24, 2020, 4:14:32 AM5/24/20
Maybe! There are all kinds of reasons that violate him and there are all kinds of reasons that confirm him
Message has been deleted

info.onli...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2020, 3:44:11 AM6/4/20
Rice's words and the evidence I saw in the movies, and I don't think that Rice is crazy or Lier

info.onli...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2020, 3:48:59 AM6/4/20
I've been researching it for two years, and I've found that most of the things Lestat mentions in the book are lies, and he's just telling his fans something like his own life, not everyone's! And that if you compare Lestat's character to the second film, you'll see how Stuart behaves like that without having any information about him! And he himself said in an interview that it was as if he hadn't read the songs himself, but he had helped him !!! (Maybe it's Lestat.) Maybe all of this is wrong, it's a theory

Psiché

May 14, 2022, 3:25:59 AM5/14/22
I find this comment in 'ATS' ('AboveTopSecret' Forum):

onewithall

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 07:27 PM
Hi! I know this was posted awhile ago, so I hope the OP sees this.

A few years ago my brother worked with Neil Jordan (the director of Interview With The Vampire) and asked him about Anne Rice. Neil was very candid with my brother and told him the Anne told him that Lestat is a real vampire and told her his story - the first book is based off of her experience with him, and the history (Rice insists) is non-fiction.

Thought you might find that interesting. I believe vampires are real, but they are not creatures you want to fraternize with.

All the best.

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread904997/pg1

Psiché

May 14, 2022, 3:57:12 AM5/14/22
And this encounter...

likepaincomefromheaven

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:43 PM
Although I have been lurking at ATS for a number of years, I registered due to this topic.

I admit I have written to Anne Rice about my account of my encounter with a vampire. I find it interesting that she first wrote 'Interview with the Vampire' in 1973. The book was published in 1976. I didn't read the book until 1980. Upon reading the book I felt she may have met the same "person" I met in 1973. I have never received a reply from her. I do realize that she probably gets thousands of emails per month on her website. I wrote to her in 2001.

I have told my story several times to several different people and always get the same response, one of disbelief. Although my mother and sister sometimes still tease me, asking, "do you remember when you dated that vampire?"

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread319747/pg5