Why would atheists want to their kids have religious instruction?

1 view

J.R.

Jun 25, 2003, 1:15:34 PM6/25/03
Robibnikoff <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message news:<3DiKa.3446$cJ5...@www.newsranger.com>...
> In article <3EF925CC...@bonbon.net>, Truffles says...
> >
> >Occasionally on the parenting ng's I frequent, the topic of beliefs has
> >arisen. I am quite surprised at the number of atheists that will still
> >send their children to church/temple/mosque. Unfortunately, these same
> >ng's don't really tolerate a discussion of this nature very well, so
> >I've never really had the opportunity to ask why?
> >
> >If there are any parents here who are atheists yet send their children
> >for religious instruction, would you be so kind as to explain the
> >reasoning behind this?
>
> Hey, nothing wrong with knowing your enemy ;)
>
> Seriously though, while I certainly wouldn't send my child for any kind of
> religious instruction, I would tell her what I know about the world's various
> religions. There's no reason why one should be ignorant of them just because
> one doesn't practice them.
>
> Robyn
> Resident Witchypoo & EAC Spellcaster

Where did the Pope send his kids? Where did any of his Cardinals send
their kids? How about the bishops?

No kids, huh? These are the people telling you how to treat your
kids. (little boys , especially)

Little Jimmy

Jun 28, 2003, 8:23:57 PM6/28/03
On 25 Jun 2003 10:15:34 -0700, hey...@swbell.net (J.R.) wrote:

>No kids, huh? These are the people telling you how to treat your
>kids. (little boys , especially)

Church makes my BUM hurt.
+Amen+.

jdyoung

Apr 25, 2022, 4:09:28 PM4/25/22
On 25 Jun 2003 10:15:34 -0700, hey...@swbell.net (J.R.) wrote:

Proof that in any given thread, one atheist can answer intelligently
(Robyn) and another whose opinions permeate from their anus (J.R.)
J Young
jdyo...@ymail.com