[OT] Got DMCA because download and seeding Ubuntu

alien

May 30, 2021, 6:47:31 PM5/30/21
I am stumble across 2 interesting articles about someone download ubuntu
on torrent and got DMCA from the ISP.

_Comcast Subscriber Receives DMCA Notice for Downloading Ubuntu_

<https://torrentfreak.com/comcast-subscriber-receives-dmca-notice-for-downloading-ubuntu-210526/>

I though they're forgot to check before send a notification to the ISP.

But after read the second article

_OpSec Says DMCA Notice System Was “Spoofed” To Target Ubuntu Download_

<https://torrentfreak.com/opsec-says-dmca-notice-system-was-spoofed-to-target-ubuntu-download-210527/>

I got more confused, since I though the system cannot be spoofed and it
should be a certain verification before the notification is approved and
send to the costumer.

Anyway I hope there will be more news about this matter, since it will
interesting to know how the company and ISP can get away with it.

Will they just say, it was a mistake and the problem is solve, or will
it uncover more information about the problems within DMCA notice system.
--
-alien-
~ Work like you don't need the money. ~