The Late-Night Comedians Rage At Trump

Ubiquitous

Apr 21, 2020, 8:21:30 AM4/21/20
The biggest joke in former President Barack Obama's endorsement video
for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden was his
warning about what Biden is facing. "(I)t won't be easy," he said. "The
other side has a massive war chest. The other side has a propaganda
network with little regard for the truth."

Obama has almost the entire news media eating out of his hand, and he
still whines about Fox News, that irksome "propaganda network." The
left complains whenever it can't corner every media market and squelch
any uprising of conservative dissent. It's "propaganda" and
"disinformation" when you disagree with the left's wonderfully
compassionate worldview.

Then there are the comedians, who are even more urgently on the verge
of complete groupthink. I opened up my morning email of video clips
from Grabien and was just amazed at the venom of commentary from the
late-night shows on April 15. Let's start with President Donald Trump's
decision to withhold World Health Organization funding for a few months
to probe what went wrong with the eruption of the coronavirus from
China.

The comedians fell all over themselves competing for the best metaphors
to describe Trump as a flaming-hot moron who will harm us all. Who
would win the gold medal for hottest burn?

On ABC, there's Jimmy Kimmel, who said: "Stopping funding to an
organization that handles pandemics in the middle of a pandemic is like
slashing your own tires because you're mad you woke up late for work.
So far, he's blamed this on Obama, the governors, the media, the WHO.
Has he blamed it on the Mexicans yet?"

On CBS, Stephen Colbert offered his own entry: "It's like when your
house is engulfed in flames: The first thing you do is burn down the
fire department. The U.S. is the WHO's biggest donor, so Trump is
talking about taking away around $553 million. He hasn't done anything
this hostile to world health since introducing the burger table"
(translation: the fast food feast at the White House for the Clemson
football team).

On Comedy Central, "Daily Show" host Trevor Noah joked about Uber when
talking about Trump's maligning the "integral" WHO: "It's the same
reason you don't give your Uber driver one star during the ride. You do
that (expletive) after you are safe at home, not while you're doing 90
on the freeway. `One star? One star? I will show you one star, motherf
---!'"

The late-night comedians can even trash CNN . from the left. NBC late-
night host Seth Meyers lectured the cable newsers for their live
coverage of Trump's coronavirus press briefings. "(I)t doesn't make it
better when you give it a negative chyron, like CNN did on Monday with
`Angry Trump Turns Briefing Into Propaganda Session,'" he said. "You
know what else turned that into a propaganda session? Pointing your
camera at it. Before you showed up it was just `Crazy Lawn Man Does His
Thing.' You can't air a propaganda session and criticize it."

For "balance," we could spy on CBS late-night host James Corden, who
interviewed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in her kitchen two nights
earlier. Now, she would be held accountable, right? Wrong. For 15
minutes, Corden asked softball questions such as this: "Why is it, do
you think, the president is choosing to ignore scientists and science
and talk about reopening the country, not shut the country down soon
enough? Why do you think?"

Then Corden gushed all over Pelosi when she showed him her expensive
freezer loaded with chocolate ice cream. "I have always felt a
connection with you, and now I understand why," he said.

To CBS, she's a very sweet and creamy Woman of the People. But look
over there at Fox. That network is just full of one-sided, partisan
propaganda.

: Tim Graham is director of media analysis at the Media Research
: Center and executive editor of the blog NewsBusters.org.

--
Democrats and the liberal media hate President Trump more than they
love this country.

FPP

Apr 21, 2020, 8:30:37 AM4/21/20
On 4/19/20 5:46 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Obama has almost the entire news media eating out of his hand...

Obama isn't president any more. Bitching about him isn't going to
polish your Orange Turd this time.

--
(4/20/20: 792,759 cases & 42,514 deaths.)
Trump's Coronavirus Response = Benghazi! (tm) X 11,000.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to
be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done...
especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up.” We’re going
very substantially down, not up."

Trump: "When somebody is the president of the United States, the
authority is total.
And that’s the way it’s gotta be. It’s total." - 4/13/20
Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
Trump: "Everything we did was right." - 4/24/20

BTR1701

Apr 21, 2020, 1:17:21 PM4/21/20
In article <r7mp1c$sj6$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/19/20 5:46 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> > Obama has almost the entire news media eating out of his hand...
>
> Obama isn't president any more.

It took you more than half a decade to stop bitching about Bush after he
left office. Now we're not allowed to talk about Obama?

Double-standards... how FPP loves them.

trotsky

Apr 21, 2020, 4:56:09 PM4/21/20
On 4/21/2020 12:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <r7mp1c$sj6$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/19/20 5:46 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>>> Obama has almost the entire news media eating out of his hand...
>>
>> Obama isn't president any more.
>
> It took you more than half a decade to stop bitching about Bush after he
> left office. Now we're not allowed to talk about Obama?

Which one started an illegal war on phony intelligence that left
thousands of Americans dead and mutilated?

Disingenuous asshole.

FPP

Apr 21, 2020, 6:15:27 PM4/21/20
Try to learn how to read' "Obama has..."

FPP

Apr 21, 2020, 6:17:57 PM4/21/20
On 4/21/20 1:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
Bush LEFT Obama in the middle of a dumpster fire HE created, clown.

Bush took us from a country at peace with a surplus, to a country deeply
in debt, in the middle of two wars, and teetering on a global economic
collapse.

What did Obama leave Donny Bumblefuck? And where are we RIGHT NOW?
See anything wrong with your argument, you fucking dimwit?

FPP

Apr 21, 2020, 6:20:40 PM4/21/20
On 4/21/20 4:56 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 4/21/2020 12:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <r7mp1c$sj6$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Obama isn't president any more.
>>
>> It took you more than half a decade to stop bitching about Bush after he
>> left office. Now we're not allowed to talk about Obama?
>

> Which one started an illegal war on phony intelligence that left
> thousands of Americans dead and mutilated?
>
> Disingenuous asshole.

Bush: Ignored intel that led to worst terrorist attack in our history.
Crashed the global economy.

Obama: Fixed Bush's fuckups and got the economy back on track. Gave
Americans affordable healthcare, while he was at it.

Trump: Ignored intel that led to worst health crisis (and economic
crisis) in our history.

Thanny: Just ignores two of them.

Ubiquitous

Apr 22, 2020, 10:59:53 AM4/22/20
atr...@mac.com wrote:
> FPP <fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/19/20 5:46 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

>> > Obama has almost the entire news media eating out of his hand...
>>
>> Obama isn't president any more.
>
>It took you more than half a decade to stop bitching about Bush after he
>left office. Now we're not allowed to talk about Obama?
>
>Double-standards... how FPP loves them.

Judging from FPP's double rapidfire followup, I'd say you strucvk a nerve.
#Triggered

--
Every American should want President Trump and his administration to handle
the coronavirus epidemic effectively and successfully. Those who seem eager