"The View" Host Disses Her Own Home State In Scramble To Discredit Trump's Iowa Win

1 view

Ubiquitous

Jan 17, 2024, 8:10:53 AMJan 17
“The View” host Sara Haines may be from Iowa, but that did not stop her from
taking a few potshots at the state in an effort to downplay former President
Donald Trump’s Monday night caucus victory.

Haines joined her co-hosts on Tuesday in a recap of the Iowa caucuses — which
Trump won handily with 51%, followed by Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) with 21%
and former Governor Nikki Haley (R-SC) with 19% — and she spent most of her
time explaining why, in the grand scheme of things, the Iowa results did not
really matter.

WATCH:

Claiming she's a "proud Iowan," Sara Haines slams her former home
state, calling it "disappointing" to see Iowans support Trump.
She also decries Iowa being the first in the nation to caucus: "We
didn't 'earn it.' We just get it historically."
pic.twitter.com/WBNvpoBxO0

— Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) January 16, 2024

Haines began by saying that it was “disappointing” to see her home state vote
so overwhelmingly for Trump — but then she pivoted to, as she said, “add some
color” to the scenario.

“It’s disappointing to see that come out of Iowa, but let me add a little
perspective and context that’s very important,” she said. “Only 5% of the
population of the state caucuses. So when you see ‘Iowa swept’ or ‘Trump
swept Iowa,’ no, he did not. He swept 5% of the population.”

“Only 13% of registered Republicans in the state of Iowa — 13% of the party —
showed up for that. And only three times in the past six — excuse me, eight
Republican caucuses have they even predicted the candidate,” Haines
continued. “So although I am a proud Iowan, and we love our caucus time
because it makes you feel seen … we love the caucuses. We didn’t earn it, we
just get it historically — it’s important to know those numbers when you’re
reading headlines.”

Co-host Sunny Hostin pushed back later in the discussion, saying that it was
fine to put things in “context” but that she believed the results were still
a fair picture of where the state was as a whole.

WATCH:

Staunchly racist Sunny Hostin says she's "disgusted" with Iowa for
supporting Trump. Despite Obama carrying the state in 2008/2012,
she hints that all Iowans were racist and openly argues that we
don't actually need to hold elections there because we know they
vote for racists. pic.twitter.com/6UHB29QwOd

— Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) January 16, 2024

Hostin pointed out the fact that Trump had won 98 of 99 counties — and had
lost the last one by a single vote — and argued that it was difficult to see
how that was “not representative” of the way the state would vote as a whole.

Haines pushed back a bit, saying that 5% was hardly a good representation of
anything. But Hostin was not buying it.

“I think it is a little bit disingenuous to say that 5% is not reflective of
the rest of Iowa,” she said over Haines’ protests, and she went on to claim
that the results were entirely predictable. “We could have figured that out
without the caucus.”

--
Let's go Brandon!