Re: Yeti evidence is 'convincing' says wildlife expert Sir David Attenborough

James J. Lippard

Mar 1, 2009, 7:12:25 PM3/1/09
On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 07:15:43PM +0000, Garrison Hilliard wrote:
> By Sara Nelson
> Last updated at 1:22 AM on 01st March 2009
>
> Sir David Attenborough believes there is 'very convincing' evidence that
> yetis exist.
> Speaking on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, the revered wildlife expert
> said: 'I'm baffled by the Abominable Snowman - very convincing
footprints
> have been found at 19,000ft.
>
> 'No-one does that for a joke. I think it's unanswered.'
---------------------------

Seems to me that's almost always an incorrect premise.

--
Jim Lippard lippard...@discord.org
http://www.discord.org/

Gadi Evron

Mar 2, 2009, 7:32:22 PM3/2/09
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:57 AM, James J. Lippard
<lippard...@discord.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 07:15:43PM +0000, Garrison Hilliard wrote:
>> By Sara Nelson
>> Last updated at 1:22 AM on 01st March 2009
>>
>> Sir David Attenborough believes there is 'very convincing' evidence
that
>> yetis exist.
>> Speaking on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, the revered wildlife
expert
>> said: 'I'm baffled by the Abominable Snowman - very convincing
footprints
>> have been found at 19,000ft.
>>
>> 'No-one does that for a joke. I think it's unanswered.'
> ---------------------------
>
> Seems to me that's almost always an incorrect premise.

Crytography mythology/history:

The British broke the Russian code 2 or three times early in the 20th
century. They went to the Russians to tell them it's not proper that
they spy on the UK and that they should stop. Kicked some diplomats
out. The Russians changed their code.
Rinse and repeat.

At the second or third time, the information was presented to [I
believe] the Minister of Foreign Affairs. His famous answer was:
"Gentlemen do not read other gentlemen's mail."

Well, the part of this history (or myth) not so well known, is that
they sent it to the MoD to read. :)

Gadi.

Frog Britches

Mar 3, 2009, 2:50:06 AM3/3/09
James J. Lippard wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 07:15:43PM +0000, Garrison Hilliard wrote:
>> By Sara Nelson
>> Last updated at 1:22 AM on 01st March 2009
>>
>> Sir David Attenborough believes there is 'very convincing' evidence
that
>> yetis exist.
>> Speaking on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, the revered wildlife
expert
>> said: 'I'm baffled by the Abominable Snowman - very convincing
> footprints
>> have been found at 19,000ft.
>>
>> 'No-one does that for a joke. I think it's unanswered.'
>
> Seems to me that's almost always an incorrect premise.

Those Sherpas aren't stupid. It's good for tourism.
I would like to be proven wrong though.