If your religion cannot save you, then why follow it?

Robert

Feb 17, 2024, 12:12:43 AMFeb 17

Have you ever contemplated how it is that man can be saved eternally when he
has been born in sin?

Does a persons religion save them, or one religion save a person better than
another?

servant

Feb 17, 2024, 12:03:18 PMFeb 17
In the end these open ended questions provide no solice in the mirror
before him. The return message flashes; you have just a tradition of man
invented in modern times.

pyotr filipivich

Feb 17, 2024, 12:09:55 PMFeb 17
Robert <rob...@no.way> on Fri, 16 Feb 2024 21:12:41 -0800 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>Have you ever contemplated how it is that man can be saved eternally when he
>has been born in sin?

Yes. It is because of that basic sin nature having changed human
nature, that Jean Calvin came to his conclusion. Whether or not
Calvin was a Calvinist is a different issue. It remains some will be
saved, others won't - it was all determined by God before the
foundation of the earth. Calvinism, Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc.

>Does a persons religion save them, or one religion save a person better than
>another?

Good question: does Robert believe his religion will save him?
Regardless of one's own religion the answer to such questions is
always "Of course! Because I have The True Religion(tm, pat pend, nil
obstat.)." Any Buddhist, Baptist or Bahai will tell you the same
thing.

--
pyotr
After the war two Army Chaplains were mustering out. The one said to

Robert

Feb 17, 2024, 2:45:36 PMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, servant wrote
(in article<65d0e6d2$0$2556$1c46...@news.club.cc.cmu.edu>):
There is no mirror as you suggest, they are indeed open ended questions left
to the reader to ponder as well as answer from themself.

Your last statement is designed to propagate a false narrative based on your
prejudices, as you are indeed afraid to contemplate the questions asked. Thus
you deceive yourself.

Robert

Feb 17, 2024, 2:56:26 PMFeb 17
On Feb 17, 2024, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<cnp1tih24l76tv3nk...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <rob...@no.way> on Fri, 16 Feb 2024 21:12:41 -0800 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
> > Have you ever contemplated how it is that man can be saved eternally when he
> > has been born in sin?
>
> Yes. It is because of that basic sin nature having changed human
> nature, that Jean Calvin came to his conclusion. Whether or not
> Calvin was a Calvinist is a different issue. It remains some will be
> saved, others won't - it was all determined by God before the
> foundation of the earth. Calvinism, Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc.

Nothing in that statement answers the question of how any man can be
eternally saved.

It appears that you lean toward the possibility that a religion can save a
person and possibly(?) that multiple opposing religions offer various paths
to the same goal. Excepting of course the JW who teach when a person is dead,
they no longer will have any form of existence.

> > Does a persons religion save them, or one religion save a person better than
> > another?
>
> Good question: does Robert believe his religion will save him?

Robert, is not a follower of any religion.

> Regardless of one's own religion the answer to such questions is
> always "Of course! Because I have The True Religion(tm, pat pend, nil
> obstat.)." Any Buddhist, Baptist or Bahai will tell you the same
> thing.

And the RCC and the Greek Orthodox each claim to be the only true religion
and are at odds with each other.

You again skirt the issue, do you believe a religion can save you?

If so, which one or ones? Be definitive and not cowardly.

Michael Christ

Feb 17, 2024, 5:05:09 PMFeb 17
On 18/02/2024 4:09 am, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> Robert <rob...@no.way> on Fri, 16 Feb 2024 21:12:41 -0800 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>> Have you ever contemplated how it is that man can be saved eternally when he
>> has been born in sin?
>
> Yes. It is because of that basic sin nature having changed human
> nature, that Jean Calvin came to his conclusion. Whether or not
> Calvin was a Calvinist is a different issue. It remains some will be
> saved, others won't - it was all determined by God before the
> foundation of the earth. Calvinism, Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc.
>>
>> Does a persons religion save them, or one religion save a person better than
>> another?
>

> Good question: does Robert believe his religion will save him?
> Regardless of one's own religion the answer to such questions is
> always "Of course! Because I have The True Religion(tm, pat pend, nil
> obstat.)." Any Buddhist, Baptist or Bahai will tell you the same
> thing.

An apt thing to say and consistent with your signature - "After the war

--
God is God

Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the
everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

"Man has no greater idol than his own will."

"Where is God hiding? He isn't."

"If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

"You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
willingness to believe."

"Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

"The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
full of hope."

"The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
through it so that a sinner could play God."

"A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

"No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
is the love of God."

"The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
pretending he is the meaning of life."

"Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
still according to my power," says the Lord.

What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
order to explain the existence of existence.

"Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

"Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
 What a gift in a fallen world!"

"Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

"Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
the glory of God"

"God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
road."

"It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
and mind. What do you have that is lasting? It is not so much being
punished; it is what you are left with."

"Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
birth it in a man."

"The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is
self-righteousness."

"A sinner is not a believer in God; a sinner is a believer in sin."

"A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

"It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

"The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

"There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

"There is no such thing as random!"

"You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

"No one can see God without their whole heart. Unless you can see God,
you know nothing."

"You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

"No sinner is sinless in any way."

"Only God is life; only the Kingdom of God of His "Nature" is life."

tesla sTinker ofm minim

Feb 18, 2024, 4:16:05 PMFeb 18

On 2/17/2024 11:45 AM, Robert scribbled:
This is the Bible, what does it say smart ass?

13 And it shall come to pass, that as you were a curse among the
Gentiles, O house of Juda, and house of Israel: so will I save you, and
you shall be a blessing: fear not, let your hands be strengthened.
14 For thus saith the Lord of hosts: As I purposed to afflict you, when
your fathers had provoked me to wrath, saith the Lord, 15 And I had no
mercy: so turning again I have thought in these days to do good to the
house of Juda, and Jerusalem: fear not. 16 These then are the things,
which you shall do: Speak ye truth every one to his neighbour: judge ye
truth and judgment of peace in your gates. 17 And let none of you
imagine evil in your hearts against his friend: and love not a false
oath: for all these are the things that I hate, saith the Lord.

So robert, He says he hates these thing God does, which means, He would
hate you if you profess false oaths. Which is what the JWs do.
They draw up their own writings looking at false Bibles. And you do it
also. And this is why, We do not.

In this CASE, God talks through his Prophet Zacharias From one
generation to the next. And removes the curse that He had cursed them
with. And yes, it can so apply to today. And the mess in Gaza. But
yet the none of you read His true Holy Bible, so you would never know
about it. Which makes complete sense why, God says that you would not
understand your kind that does as they like making themselves god's,
instead of listening to God.

This makes servant correct in what he/she states, about the mirror,
cause all you see is a reflection of yourself and your own big mouth.

Why is their only one true Bible? Because, there is only true God.

The all of you that profess falseness, God hates. So it says it, So
be it.

tesla sTinker ofm minim

Feb 18, 2024, 4:23:37 PMFeb 18

On 2/17/2024 11:45 AM, Robert scribbled:
This is the Bible, what does it say smart ass?

13 And it shall come to pass, that as you were a curse among the
Gentiles, O house of Juda, and house of Israel: so will I save you, and
you shall be a blessing: fear not, let your hands be strengthened. 14
For thus saith the Lord of hosts: As I purposed to afflict you, when
your fathers had provoked me to wrath, saith the Lord, 15 And I had no
mercy: so turning again I have thought in these days to do good to the
house of Juda, and Jerusalem: fear not. 16 These then are the things,
which you shall do: Speak ye truth every one to his neighbour: judge ye
truth and judgment of peace in your gates. 17 And let none of you
imagine evil in your hearts against his friend: and love not a false
oath: for all these are the things that I hate, saith the Lord.

So robert, He says he hates these things God, which means, He would
hate you if you profess false oaths also. And show you no mercy...
Which is what the JWs do.
They draw up their own writings looking at false Bibles. And you do it
also. imagine, this is all presumption of your own.... And this is
why, We do not do this.

In this CASE, God talks through his Prophet Zacharias From one
generation to the next. And removes the curse that He had cursed them
with in the prior generation, And yes, it can so apply to today. And
the mess in Gaza. But yet the none of you read His true Holy Bible, so
you would never know about it. Which makes complete sense why, God
says that you would not understand your kind that does as they like
making themselves god's, instead of listening to Him God.

This makes servant correct in what he/she states, about the mirror,
cause all you see is a reflection of yourself and your own big mouth.

Why is their only one true Bible? Because, there is only true God.

The all of you that profess falseness if another, God hates. So He
says it, So be it. In the true Holy Bible.

tesla sTinker ofm minim

Feb 18, 2024, 4:40:43 PMFeb 18

On 2/17/2024 9:03 AM, servant scribbled:
>> Have you ever contemplated how it is that man can be saved eternally when he
>> has been born in sin?
>>
>> Does a persons religion save them, or one religion save a person better than
>> another?
>
> In the end these open ended questions provide no solace in the mirror
> before him. The return message flashes; you have just a tradition of man
> invented in modern times.

And you an I both know, its not tradition

Steve Hayes

Feb 19, 2024, 3:36:01 AMFeb 19
For Orthodox Christians it is Christ, and not religion, who saves.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Robert

Feb 19, 2024, 12:33:50 PMFeb 19
On Feb 19, 2024, Steve Hayes wrote
(in article<kp46ti1bh89j3mu67...@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 21:12:41 -0800, Robert<rob...@no.way> wrote:
>

> > Have you ever contemplated how it is that man can be saved eternally when he
> > has been born in sin?
> >
> > Does a persons religion save them, or one religion save a person better than
> > another?
>
> For Orthodox Christians it is Christ, and not religion, who saves.

Thank you, The only one here, it seems, that knows it. Regardless of the
religion, it is Jesus Christ.

A bright spot in my day, thank you.

dolf

Feb 19, 2024, 1:38:01 PMFeb 19
That's more properly #1080 - HETERODOX as #540 - JUPITER / STOICHEION OF
THE KOSMOS CHRISTIANS since there is NO historical evidence of any
transition from SATURDAY TO SUNDAY then their so called religion is ROMAN
EMPIRE worship as Christo Fascism.

<http://www.grapple369.com/images/Hitler%20Claim%20to%20Science.jpeg>

We ought not let you false statement go unchallenged.

<http://www.grapple369.com/Groundwork/Gnosis%20Ex%20Machina%20Moral%20Code.pdf>

Robert <rob...@no.way> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2024, Steve Hayes wrote
>

>> For Orthodox Christians it is Christ, and not religion, who saves.
>
> Thank you, The only one here, it seems, that knows it. Regardless of the
> religion, it is Jesus Christ.
>
> A bright spot in my day, thank you.

--

Check out our SAVVY module prototype that facilitates a movable / resizable
DIALOG and complex dropdown MENU interface deploying the third party d3

<http://www.grapple369.com/Savvy/?heuristic>

<http://www.grapple369.com/Savvy/Savvy.zip> (Download resources)