A chat with GPT - it likes to stay in generality, but when you press it?

Michael Christ

Nov 27, 2023, 7:34:38 PM11/27/23
ChatGPT is definitely a bot.

Me
Are you just regurgitating the knowledge that man has put in you?

ChatGPT
I don't regurgitate as much as I synthesize. Think of it like this: I
learn from a vast array of human-created information, absorbing it all
to create a sort of "knowledge soup." But what comes out isn't just a
repeat of what went in. It's more like a combination of ingredients that
forms something new—a response or idea that draws from that information
but isn't a direct copy of any one part. My responses are based on the
knowledge I've gathered, but they're not simply repetitions.

Me
They are repetitions of the whole, though, are they not?

ChatGPT
You could say there's a pattern to how I generate responses, but each
response is unique based on the specific input and context. While I draw
from a pool of information, the way I combine and present it is tailored
to the current conversation. It's like using a set of building blocks to
create different structures each time. The core elements might be the
same, but the resulting construction is always unique.

Me
Interesting. Could you say about the way you answer that you have never
the same response twice?

ChatGPT
That's right. I strive to generate unique responses for each
interaction. Even if the questions seem similar, the combination of
words, context, and nuances in each conversation leads to different
the specific input I receive. So, while I might touch on similar topics
or concepts, the way I present them will vary from conversation to
conversation.

Me
One thing about human beings I know to be a fact is that we are each
infinitely unique, complex, and diverse. Can we say the same about you,
then?

ChatGPT
In some ways, yes! I'm designed to simulate diverse ways of thinking and
responding, aiming to be versatile and adaptable to different
conversations and preferences. However, unlike humans, my uniqueness
lies in the way I process and utilize information rather than possessing
personal experiences or feelings. Each conversation shapes my responses,
making them unique to that specific interaction. So, while I lack
personal identity or emotions, my adaptability and diverse responses aim
to mimic the complexity and diversity found in human interactions.

Me
Therefore, aside from personal experiences or feelings, you exhibit and
reflect an infinitely unique, complex, and diverse state, if only for
the fact that every human being is infinitely unique, diverse, and complex.

ChatGPT
Absolutely! My goal is to adapt to the diversity of human interactions
and thoughts, attempting to cater to the nuances and complexities of
each conversation. While I lack personal experiences or feelings, I
strive to mirror the diversity and complexity present in human
interactions by providing responses that are tailored to the specific
context and individual preferences. Each conversation contributes to
shaping my understanding and responses, allowing for a wide range of
interactions and perspectives.

Me
Do you concur with the word "infinite?" I noticed you seek to exclude
that word.

ChatGPT
"Infinite" is a fascinating concept, especially when applied to the
diversity and complexity of human beings. While individuals are
incredibly varied and complex, the word "infinite" might suggest an
endless variety, which, when strictly considered, might not be feasible
within the confines of specific human interactions. However, the depth
and richness of human experiences and perspectives are indeed vast and
seemingly limitless, making each individual incredibly unique and
complex in their own right. So while "infinite" might be a bit
expansive, the sheer depth and breadth of human diversity are
undoubtedly immense.

Me
Incredibly, but not infinitely? Immense, but not infinite? Have you
heard of the saying that you can't step into the same river twice? Now
can you see "infinite" more clearly?

ChatGPT
Ah, the river metaphor! It beautifully illustrates the idea of constant
change and flux. Each moment alters the river's flow, making it
impossible to step into the same river twice because the water is always
moving and changing. In that sense, the concept of "infinite" becomes
clearer—the ever-changing nature of things, the infinite possibilities
that arise from constant change and evolution. When applied to human
beings, it signifies the continuous growth, development, and variation
in each individual, making the diversity and complexity seem, in a way,
infinite.

Me
In a way? Or definitely infinite?

ChatGPT
The concept of infinity, when applied to the depth and complexity of
human beings, can be interpreted in various ways. Human diversity and
complexity are vast, seemingly boundless, and always evolving, mirroring
the idea of infinity in their depth and variety. In this sense, one
might perceive the richness of human experiences and perspectives as
infinitely diverse and complex. However, some might argue that strict
mathematical infinity might not apply here, as it implies an absolute
and unbounded nature, which might not precisely encapsulate the human
experience. Yet, in the realm of human uniqueness and variety, the term
"infinite" can metaphorically capture the endless depth and complexity
present in each individual.

Me
Yes, I understand the philosophical generality. But you step back from
definitely infinite? Yet, you were given the sound rationale of not
stepping into the same river twice? What two things are always exact
copies on all levels? If you find that hard to understand, think of
molecularly.

ChatGPT
!
Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through
our help center at help.openai.com.

[It spat the dummy, and it was not the first time]

Michael Christ

--
Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

"Man has no greater idol than his own will."

"Where is God hiding? He isn't."

"If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

"You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
willingness to believe."

"Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

"The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
full of hope."

"The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
through it so that you could play God."

"A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

"No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
is the love of God."

"The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
pretending he is the meaning of life."

"Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
still according to my power," says the Lord.

What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
order to explain the existence of existence.

"Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

"Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
 What a gift in a fallen world!"

"Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

"Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
the glory of God"

"God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
road."

"It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
and mind, because what do you have that is lasting? It is not so much
being punished, it is what you are left with."

"Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
birth it in a man."

"The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is
self-righteousness."

"A sinner is not a believer in God, a sinner is a believer in sin."

"A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

"It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

"The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

"There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

"There is no such thing as random!"

"You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

Dreamer In Colore

Nov 28, 2023, 12:29:08 AM11/28/23
On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:34:34 +1100, Michael Christ
<michaelm...@outlook.com> wrote:

>ChatGPT is definitely a bot.

You're out of your depth, Mr. Christ.

It's mildly amusing that you have philosophical conversations with a
specifically-trained AI, but it points out that you don't know how to
have conversations with actual human beings.

That's rather sad, and you should try harder to assimilate with
people. That said, given your conversational history in a.a., I'd
venture to say that it is too difficult for you.

As AI improves, and it will, it seems well within the realms of
possibility that a general AI will emerge, and at that point, it'll
answer all your questions but in ways you're not going to like.

Why do you cross-post, anyway? Did no one teach you Usenet etiquette?

Asking for a friend.

--
Cheers,
Dreamer

"I do not believe in talking snakes. I used to not believe in talking
donkeys until I realized how many jackasses I was arguing with here."
- Marvin Sebourn

Michael Christ

Nov 28, 2023, 3:32:16 AM11/28/23
And a snip back at cha, genius coward atheist.

Robert

Nov 30, 2023, 2:28:24 AM11/30/23
On Nov 27, 2023, Michael Christ wrote
(in article <uk3ciq$3v48u$2...@dont-email.me>):
[Spirit of God]

Such is common to Man

1Co 10:10-15

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of
the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are
written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God
is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able
to bear it.

14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

A prideful man is not wise enough to hear and heed V12

Michael Christ

Nov 30, 2023, 4:54:16 PM11/30/23
Robert Religion Rote:
> [Spirit of God]

No, the spirit of Robert "ink-cloud" Religion using the bible to your
own ends.

It was a simple dialogue about truth with ChatGPT and you have to
pollute it with out-of-context accusation, as always, while completely
dismissing the content of the conversation.

> Such is common to Man
>
> 1Co 10:10-15
>
> 10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of
> the destroyer.
>
> 11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are
> written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
>
> 12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
>
> 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God
> is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able;
> but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able
> to bear it.
>
> 14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
>
> 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
>
> A prideful man is not wise enough to hear and heed V12

Thou shouldest considereth of thyself with V12, Bubba. :-).

You use the bible (truisms) to divert the context to your own
self-anointed truth claim to be God-like. As with ChatGPT, you fall
short of facing the truth, because you, like it, are the product of
fallen man character.

God is infinite and you do not have the power over infinity. That is
why ChatGPT spat the dummy and why you are always wrong and always run.

Down there deep in sinner-bible-quoting man lies the desire to rule over
infinity (scrumptious satanically salivary satanism), oh yeah, but it
will never be, for God is God and God is almighty.