What the Christian fundamentalists don't tell the Jewish people

1 view

John Manning

Sep 11, 2010, 2:57:31 PM9/11/10

The fate of the Jews according to Christianity:

Uri Avnery, is the leader of Gush Shalom, an Israeli peace group. He was
discussing the theology of many Fundamentalist and other Evangelical
Christians in a 2002-JUN essay, and wrote:

"According to its theological beliefs, the Jews must congregate in
Palestine and establish a Jewish state on all its territory so as to
make the Second Coming of Jesus Christ possible...

the evangelists don't like to dwell openly on what comes next:

before the coming [of the Messiah], the Jews must convert to
Christianity. Those who don't will perish in a gigantic holocaust in the
battle of Armageddon. This is basically an anti-Semitic teaching..." 1
This teaching implies that Jews who remain true to God's covenants in
the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) will be all exterminated in a
massive genocide that may be more numerous than the Nazi Holocaust.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_isra.htm

John Manning

Sep 11, 2010, 3:16:46 PM9/11/10

tirebiter

Sep 11, 2010, 3:36:35 PM9/11/10

The fundamentalist christians aren't even telling this to each other.
At least not to the dimmer members of their cult. It seems Jason
hasn't gotten the memo yet.

---
a.a. #2273

John Manning

Sep 11, 2010, 3:49:15 PM9/11/10

Jason doesn't seem capable of thinking for himself. He seems to be a
hapless programmed robotic mouthpiece for cultish right wing group-think.

The Chief Instigator

Sep 11, 2010, 7:00:35 PM9/11/10

Dumb Ass Duke refuses to get it, so far.

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (pat...@prismnet.com) Houston, TX
www.prismnet.com/~patrick (TCI's 2009-10 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

Steve Hayes

Sep 11, 2010, 8:58:40 PM9/11/10
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:57:31 -0300, John Manning <jrob...@terra.com.br>
wrote:

>The fate of the Jews according to Christianity:
>
>Uri Avnery, is the leader of Gush Shalom, an Israeli peace group. He was
>discussing the theology of many Fundamentalist and other Evangelical
>Christians in a 2002-JUN essay, and wrote:

Those who believe that are Dispensationalists, and I'm not sure if even all
Dispensationalists teach that.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com

Great Sage Itchy

Sep 11, 2010, 10:20:20 PM9/11/10
In article <hcCdnTkX_McCSBbR...@giganews.com>, John
Manning <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

> the evangelists don't like to dwell openly on what comes next:
>
> before the coming [of the Messiah], the Jews must convert to
> Christianity. Those who don't will perish in a gigantic holocaust in the
> battle of Armageddon. This is basically an anti-Semitic teaching..." 1

See this YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMRgT5o-Ig

John Manning

Sep 11, 2010, 10:54:59 PM9/11/10

Nutbags.

Peter B

Sep 12, 2010, 1:25:48 AM9/12/10

"John Manning" <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote in message

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

At the end of the tribulation when much of the world, mainly China comes
against Israel to wipe it off the face of the earth The Lord Jesus Christ
will put his feet on the mountain top splitting it into two, the Jews will
recognize Him as the Messiah and run into the mountain to be protected. The
Lord God will destroy the enemy and the blood in the valley of Megiddo will
run as deep as a horses bridle. Then we enter the 1000 year rule of the
Messiah.

The Lord came to rescue His people. You must have forgotten that Jesus is a
Jew.

JC

Sep 12, 2010, 4:57:47 AM9/12/10
  Lev 19:34 [But] the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be
unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for
ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I [am] the LORD your God.

JC

Sep 12, 2010, 5:02:10 AM9/12/10

John Manning

Sep 12, 2010, 12:33:31 PM9/12/10

That may be your personal view but it doesn't represent the
fundamentalist Christian Right view:

Lifetime Christian and former Christian Right founder/activist Frank
Schaeffer describes the *End Times* Christianity and Israel's fateful role.

Schaeffer is interviewed by Larisa Alexandrovna:

excerpt:

Larisa Alexandrovna: For those of us who are not familiar with the
"end-times" movement, could you please summarize what it is? How does it
relate to Israel?

Frank Schaeffer: The expanding Left Behind entertainment empire also
feeds the dangerous delusions of Christian Zionists, who are convinced
that the world is heading to a final Battle of Armageddon and who see
this as a good thing!

LA: A good thing? And what does Zionism have to do with this movement?

FS: Christian Zionists, led by many "respectable" mega-pastors --
including Reverend John Hagee -- believe that war in the Middle East is
God’s will. In his book Jerusalem Countdown: A Warning to the World,
Hagee maintains that Russia and the Arabs will invade Israel and then
will be destroyed by God. This will cause the Antichrist -- the head of
the European Union -- to stir up a confrontation over Israel between
China and the West.

LA: Wait a moment. Aside from the obvious of the real geopolitical
allegiances and resource interests -- making this scenario less likely
than all of us packing up and moving to Mars soon -- they believe this
is a good thing?

FS: Yes. It will "prove" that they will "inherit the earth." In other
words they’ve spent their lives feeling left behind by culture and
scholarship. If the "End" comes, they get the last laugh. So they cling
to this like an addict clinging to his last fix.

Perhaps, in the era of Obama, Hagee will do a fast rewrite and say that
President Obama is the Antichrist, because the same folks who are into
Christian Zionism are also into the far, far loony right of the
Republican Party represented by oddities like Sarah Palin.

These are the same people who insist that President Obama is a "secret
Muslim," "not an American," and/or "a communist," "more European than
American," or whichever one of those contradictory things is worse --
not like us anyway, that’s for sure.

Christian Zionists support any violent action by the State of Israel
against Arabs and Palestinians because the increasingly brutal State of
Israel is, in the fevered evangelical/fundamentalist mind, the nation
presently standing in for Jesus as avenger on evildoers everywhere, by
which they mean Arabs and others not like us.

Christian Zionists are yet another reason why I and countless other
Christians, including many of the more moderate evangelicals, mainline
Protestants, Roman Catholics, and Orthodox are hesitant to be labeled
"Christian."

Who wants to be confused with some of the most dangerous and stupid
people in the world: nuclear-armed, paranoid evangelical/fundamentalist
Bible-thumpers rooting for Armageddon on and worrying in paranoid
"official" documents about being forced to become like "the Europeans"?
(Just a thought: does that make high-speed rail service a tool of the
Devil?)

LA: Being a Jew, this idea of Christian Zionism sounds very much like
anti-Semitism. Would you say that Christian Zionism -- and the whole
end-times philosophy -- is anti-Semitic or am I misunderstanding it?

FS: Yes. The "purpose" of the Jews is to be there to be killed after the
Second Coming. Christian Zionists love Israel the way oncologists love
cancer. It's a good living. Jews who play footsie with evangelicals in
return for the "support" of the State of Israel are fools.

http://snipurl.com/12rvvt [webcache_googleusercontent_com]

- - - SEE ALSO:

Christian Fundamentalists Support Israel. Why?

Back in July of 2000, Christian economist Dr. Gary Northwrote an essay
explaining why Christian fundamentalists support Israel. This bizarre
and disturbing message exposes the twisted hatred behind the concept of
the Rapture.

The full article may be found at Preterist Archive or at Lew Rockwell.com.

Here’s the short version:

We can avoid death, but only because two-thirds of the Jews of
Israel will inevitably die in a future holocaust. America must
therefore support the nation of Israel in order to keep the Israelis
alive until after the Rapture.

--The Unannounced Reason Behind American Fundamentalism's Support for
the State of Israel--

excerpt:

--- The purge of Israel in their time of trouble is described by
Zechariah in these words: "And it shall come to pass, that in all the
land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the
third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part into the
fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as
gold is tried" (Zechariah 13:8, 9). According to Zechariah’s prophecy,
two thirds of the children of Israel in the land will perish, but the
one third that are left will be refined and be awaiting the deliverance
of God at the second coming of Christ which is described in the next
chapter of Zechariah. [John F. Walvoord, Israel in Prophecy (Grand
Rapids, MI: Zondervan, [1962] 1988), p. 108.

Nothing can or will be done by Christians to save Israel’s Jews from
this disaster, for all of the Christians will have been removed from
this world three and a half years prior to the beginning of this
42-month period of tribulation. (The total period of seven years is
interpreted as the fulfillment of the seventieth week of Daniel [Dan.
9:27].)

In order for most of today’s Christians to escape physical death,
two-thirds of the Jews in Israel must perish, soon. This is the grim
prophetic trade-off that fundamentalists rarely discuss publicly, but
which is the central motivation in the movement’s support for Israel. It
should be clear why they believe that Israel must be defended at all
costs by the West. If Israel were militarily removed from history prior
to the Rapture, then the strongest case for Christians’ imminent escape
from death would have to be abandoned. This would mean the indefinite
delay of the Rapture. The fundamentalist movement thrives on the
doctrine of the imminent Rapture, not the indefinitely postponed Rapture.

Every time you hear the phrase, "Jesus is coming back soon," you should
mentally add, "and two-thirds of the Jews of Israel will be dead in
‘soon plus 84 months.’" Fundamentalists really do believe that they
probably will not die physically, but to secure this faith
prophetically, they must defend the doctrine of an inevitable holocaust.

This specific motivation for the support of Israel is never preached
from any fundamentalist pulpit.

The faithful hear sermons – many, many sermons – on the pretribulation
Rapture. On other occasions, they hear sermons on the Great Tribulation.
But they do not hear the two themes put together: "We can avoid death,
but only because two-thirds of the Jews of Israel will inevitably die in
a future holocaust. America must therefore support the nation of Israel
in order to keep the Israelis alive until after the Rapture."

Fundamentalist ministers expect their congregations to put two and two
together on their own. It would be politically incorrect to add up these
figures in public.

The fundamentalists I have known generally say they appreciate Jews.
They think Israel is far superior to Arab nations. They believe in a
pro-Israel foreign policy as supportive of democracy and America’s
interests.

They do not dwell upon the prophetic fate of Israel’s Jews except
insofar as they want to transfer the threat of the Great Tribulation
away from themselves and their families. Nevertheless, this is the
bottom line: the prophetic scapegoating of Israel. This scapegoat, not
Christians, must be sent into the post-Rapture wilderness.

~full article:
http://www.secularnewsdaily.com/2010/06/07/christian-fundamentalists-support-israel-why/

John Manning

thomas p.

Sep 12, 2010, 1:47:37 PM9/12/10
"Peter B" <.@.> skrev i meddelelsen news:4c8c648c$1...@news.x-privat.org...

Adult people in the 21'st century in developed parts of the world actually
believe the above. I would laugh if I did not have to live on the same
planet they are cheerfully planning to destroy.

You cannot see it from Brazil

Sep 12, 2010, 5:07:32 PM9/12/10

That's three times John Manning said the same thing.

Ben Kaufman

Sep 13, 2010, 4:43:21 AM9/13/10

Yes, exactly, China was going after Israel's oil^H^H^H oranges.