New CDC COVID-19 Guidance Is Agency ‘Admitting It Was Wrong’: Epidemiologist

Michael Ejercito

Aug 14, 2022, 9:37:09 AM8/14/22
https://archive.ph/fZdtJ

New CDC COVID-19 Guidance Is Agency ‘Admitting It Was Wrong’: Epidemiologist
By Zachary Stieber and Jan Jekielek August 13, 2022 Updated: August 13,
2022biggersmaller Print

0:00
0:00

1

The new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19
guidance is the agency acknowledging it was wrong in the past to
downplay natural immunity and promote unprecedented policies like
asymptomatic testing, a California epidemiologist says.
The new guidance, released on Aug. 11, rescinds and alters a number of
key recommendations, including treating unvaccinated and vaccinated
people differently for many purposes, explicitly stating that people
with previous infection have protection against severe illness, and
removing six-foot social distancing advice.
“The CDC is admitting it was wrong here, although they won’t put it in
those words,” Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor of medicine at Stanford
University School of Medicine, told The Epoch Times.
“What they’ll say is that, well, ‘the population is more immunized now,
has more natural immunity now, and now is the time—the science has
changed.'”
But a large percentage of the U.S. population has had natural immunity,
or protection from prior infection, Bhattacharya noted, while over 80
percent of the elderly population had protection from severe disease
from COVID-19 vaccines, previous infection, or both, since 2021.
“This is two years too late, but it’s a good step,” Bhattacharya added.
CDC Statement
The CDC, which did not respond to a request for comment, portrayed the
change as streamlining previous guidance, with the adjustments stemming
from more people being vaccinated and more COVID-19 treatments available.
“We’re in a stronger place today as a nation, with more tools—like
vaccination, boosters, and treatments—to protect ourselves, and our
communities, from severe illness from COVID-19,” Greta Massetti, the CDC
author of the new guidance, said in a statement. “We also have a better
understanding of how to protect people from being exposed to the virus,
like wearing high-quality masks, testing, and improved ventilation. This
guidance acknowledges that the pandemic is not over, but also helps us
move to a point where COVID-19 no longer severely disrupts our daily lives.”
Dr. Jerome Adams, the surgeon general during the Trump administration,
echoed the line of thinking.
“The fact that @CDCgov is changing guidance shouldn’t be taken as proof
that they were necessarily ‘wrong,’ on a particular issue. The virus has
changed, our tools and immunity have changed, and our knowledge has
changed. So too must our guidance. That’s how science works,” Adams
wrote on Twitter.
Vaccination numbers have fallen off in recent months, with little change
among adults and little update among children, even after the vaccines
were authorized and recommended for kids as young as 6 months old.
No new treatments have been authorized since December 2021, and a number
of the treatments have been shown as less effective against newer
strains of the virus that causes COVID-19, as have the vaccines and, in
some cases, natural immunity.
Nearly half of the 20 papers and briefs cited by the CDC in support of
the adjusted guidance were published in 2020 or 2021, while a number of
others were released in early 2022.
No Mandates Rescinded Yet
Among the most significant changes in the guidance: a rollback of
recommendations for asymptomatic testing for individuals exposed to
COVID-19, loosening guidance related to tracing contacts of COVID-19
cases, and ending quarantine recommendations for people exposed to a
positive case.
Some rules are stricter for high-risk settings such as nursing homes.
Masking is also recommended for 10 days for people who were exposed to
COVID-19, including when a person is at home around others.
Bhattacharya, who co-authored the Great Barrington Declaration in 2020,
a document that called for focused protection on the elderly and fewer
restrictions on others, said that the guidance is closely aligned with
the principles outlined in the declaration.
Based on the new guidance, the CDC should immediately rescind the
COVID-19 vaccine mandate for foreign travelers entering The United
States, a policy imposed in November 2021, the professor added.
The CDC’s webpage describing the mandate says that the agency “is
reviewing this page to align with updated guidance.” The U.S. government
has not adjusted or rescinded any of its vaccine mandates since the
guidance was changed.

https://www.avg.com

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 14, 2022, 11:04:22 AM8/14/22
Michael Ejercito wrote:

>https://archive.ph/fZdtJ
>

>New CDC COVID-19 Guidance Is Agency ‘Admitting It Was Wrong’: Epidemiologist
>By Zachary Stieber and Jan Jekielek August 13, 2022 Updated: August 13,
>2022?bigger?smaller ?Print
The only *healthy* way to stop the pandemic, thereby saving lives, in
the U.S. & elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19
) finding out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who
among us are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or
asymptomatic) in order to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward (John
15:12) for them to call their doctor and self-quarantine per their
doctor in hopes of stopping this pandemic. Thus, we're hoping for the
best while preparing for the worse-case scenario of the Alpha lineage
mutations and others like the Omicron, Gamma, Beta, Epsilon, Iota,
Lambda, Mu & Delta lineage mutations combining via
slip-RNA-replication to form hybrids like
http://tinyurl.com/Deltamicron that may render current COVID
vaccines/monoclonals/medicines/pills no longer effective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest
) and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://WonderfullyHungry.org

Michael Ejercito

Aug 16, 2022, 1:40:27 AM8/16/22
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Aug 16, 2022, 1:57:05 AM8/16/22
Michael Ejercito wrote:
8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, are rapture ready (Luke
17:37 means no COVID just as circling eagles don't have COVID) and
pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in
Heaven continues to give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit
(Galatians 5:22-23) so that we'd have much more of His Help to always
say/write that we're "wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including
especially caring to http://tinyurl.com/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12
as shown by http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://bit.ly/HeartDocAndrew touts hunger (Luke 6:21a) with all glory
( http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD, Who causes us to hunger
(Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a) thereby
removing the http://tinyurl.com/HeartVAT from around the heart