Grandfather, 72, took his own life after he was furloughed and couldn't see his beloved granddaughter during lockdown, inquest hears

Michael Ejercito

Jan 30, 2021, 12:01:05 PM1/30/21
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9202167/Staffordshire-grandfather-took-life-furloughed-inquest-hears.html

Grandfather, 72, took his own life after he was furloughed and couldn't
see his beloved granddaughter during lockdown, inquest hears
Malcolm Mather, also known as Clive, was from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Father-of-two's body was found by a dog walker near dense woodland last July
Mr Mather died from hanging; he began suffering anxiety-related issues
in 2020
Inquest was told he had been furloughed from his job as mechanic when
first lockdown began last March
By NICK ENOCH FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 11:08 EST, 29 January 2021 | UPDATED: 11:09 EST, 29 January 2021

e-mail
82
shares
50

View comments
A grandfather took his own life after struggling to cope with being
furloughed and not being able to see his much-loved family - in
particular his granddaughter, 'the apple of his eye' - during lockdown.

Malcolm Mather, also known as Clive, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire,
was found dead by a dog walker near dense woodland last July. Tests
later confirmed he had died from hanging.

Mr Mather, 72, had begun suffering anxiety-related problems in early 2020.

Read More

An inquest heard that the father-of-two had convinced himself he was
seriously ill and was going to die.

Malcolm Mather, also known as Clive, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire,
was found dead by a dog walker near dense woodland last July. Tests
later confirmed he had died from hanging. (Above, police at Park Hall
Country Park, where the 72-year-old's body was found) +1
Malcolm Mather, also known as Clive, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire,
was found dead by a dog walker near dense woodland last July. Tests
later confirmed he had died from hanging. (Above, police at Park Hall
Country Park, where the 72-year-old's body was found)

But despite Mr Mather being diagnosed with hypertension and a short bout
of depression, doctors could find nothing else physically wrong with him.

On July 12, his wife Sandra went out for a morning walk with their two
dogs at Park Hall Country Park.

She was surprised to bump into her husband, who had left their house
after her and then headed up to the hills.

'We had a brief conversation and I returned home,' she said in a
statement. As Mr Mather had been known to walk for hours, she wasn't
initially unduly concerned when he didn't come back.

RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
1
Next

Actor, 26, who appeared in BBC crime drama Luther alongside...

My daughter killed herself with £36,000 gambling debts:...
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Share
But by lunchtime, Mrs Mather contacted a neighbour, who said they would
go out to look for him and suggested she inform the police.

An officer later knocked on the door of their home in Weston Coyney to
break the news that her husband had been found dead.

'I just felt sick to my stomach,' said Mrs Mather.

Another dog walker had been near dense woodland in the park when he came
across Mr Mather's body.

He didn't know what to do with his time. He couldn't sit there, he
couldn't rest on his laurels. He needed to be doing something.
Mr Mather's widow, Sandra
The inquest was told that Mr Mather had been furloughed from his job as
a mechanic when the first lockdown began last March.

'He had worked for the company for a long time and was well-respected,'
said Mrs Mather.

Although his job was 'as safe as houses', he had started worrying he
wouldn't be able to go back there.

His wife added: 'He didn't know what to do with his time. He couldn't
sit there, he couldn't rest on his laurels. He needed to be doing
something.'

To add to his anxieties, Mr Mather was also missing being able to meet
up with close relatives, including a son who lived in Manchester.

He particularly missed seeing his granddaughter, who was 'the apple of
his eye'.

Medical records showed Mr Mather had reported experiencing various
symptoms during the course of 2020.

In March, he went to A&E and complained of a visual disturbance and
headaches. It led to the hypertension diagnosis, although doctors
suspect it was related to anxiety.

In mid-May, he reported a cluster of symptoms to his GP, saying he
thought they were linked to rheumatoid arthritis. At other points, he
also told his family he feared he had Parkinson's disease.

Mr Mather's GP advised him to seek help for his anxiety.

But at his last appointment in June, he was 'rationalising his thoughts'
and appeared to be improving. There were no concerns at the time about
him self-harming.

North Staffordshire assistant coroner Sarah Murphy said: 'There was
absolutely no way his family would have been able to see what was going
to happen.'

Recording a conclusion of suicide, she added: 'I've heard that he was a
very loving man.'

For confidential support, call the Samaritans on 116123 or visit a local
Samaritans branch, or click here for details

HeartDoc Andrew

Jan 30, 2021, 3:42:32 PM1/30/21
MichaelE wrote:

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9202167/Staffordshire-grandfather-took-life-furloughed-inquest-hears.html
>

>Grandfather, 72, took his own life after he was furloughed and couldn't
>see his beloved granddaughter during lockdown, inquest hears

Suicide is a consequence of having depression, which is a symptom of
brain inflammation, including that which is caused by COVID-19
coronavirus infection (Google "Covid brain fog")

>Malcolm Mather, also known as Clive, was from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
>Father-of-two's body was found by a dog walker near dense woodland last July
>Mr Mather died from hanging; he began suffering anxiety-related issues
>in 2020

It is possible that Mr. Mathers "began suffering anxiety-related
issues (and depression) in 2020" after being infected by the COVID-19
coronavirus.

Many Capitol Police officers were infected with COVID-19 coronavirus
while fighting back the Trump terrorists during the Jan621
Insurrection with two later committing suicide.

>Inquest was told he had been furloughed from his job as mechanic when
>first lockdown began last March
>By NICK ENOCH FOR MAILONLINE
>
>PUBLISHED: 11:08 EST, 29 January 2021 | UPDATED: 11:09 EST, 29 January 2021
>
> e-mail
>82
>shares
>50
>
>View comments
>A grandfather took his own life after struggling to cope with being
>furloughed and not being able to see his much-loved family - in
>particular his granddaughter, 'the apple of his eye' - during lockdown.

See above.

>Malcolm Mather, also known as Clive, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire,
>was found dead by a dog walker near dense woodland last July. Tests
>later confirmed he had died from hanging.
>
>Mr Mather, 72, had begun suffering anxiety-related problems in early 2020.
>
>Read More
>
>An inquest heard that the father-of-two had convinced himself he was
>seriously ill and was going to die.
>
>Malcolm Mather, also known as Clive, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire,
>was found dead by a dog walker near dense woodland last July. Tests
>later confirmed he had died from hanging. (Above, police at Park Hall
>Country Park, where the 72-year-old's body was found) +1
>Malcolm Mather, also known as Clive, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire,
>was found dead by a dog walker near dense woodland last July. Tests
>later confirmed he had died from hanging. (Above, police at Park Hall
>Country Park, where the 72-year-old's body was found)
>
>But despite Mr Mather being diagnosed with hypertension and a short bout
>of depression, doctors could find nothing else physically wrong with him.

Depression is both sufficient and necessary for suicide to happen.
The only healthy way to stop the pandemic in the UK and
elsewhere is by rapidly ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) finding
out at any given moment, including even while on-line, who among us
are unwittingly contagious (i.e pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic) in
order to http://bit.ly/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12) for them to call
their doctor and self-quarantine per their doctor in hopes of stopping
this pandemic. Thus, hoping for the best while preparing for the
worst-case scenario of the "UK variant mutations" **and** others like
the South African, Brazilian, Californian & "cluster-5 mink mutations"
(read more via Google) rendering current vaccines ineffective.

Indeed, I am wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 )
and hope you, Michael, also have a healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
and author of the 2PD-OMER Approach:

Michael Ejercito

Jan 31, 2021, 8:34:34 PM1/31/21
I am wonderfully hungry!

Michael

HeartDoc Andrew

Jan 31, 2021, 8:55:23 PM1/31/21
MichaelE wrote:
> I am wonderfully hungry!

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, not only don't have
COVID-19 but are rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and pray (2 Chronicles
7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father in Heaven continues to
give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so
that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write that we're
"wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

from around the heart

HeartDoc Andrew <><