numbers don't add up - 3

1 view

Jude

Oct 8, 2003, 9:59:57 AM10/8/03
Matthew 8

28": And when he was come to the other side into the country of the
Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the
tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
"29": And,
behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus,
thou
Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
"30": And
there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
"31": So
the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go
away
into the herd of swine. "32": And he said unto them, Go. And when
they
were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the
whole herd
of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished
in the
waters.
There are TWO possessed.
Mark 5
2": And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him
out of
the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, "3": Who had his dwelling
among the
tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: "4": Because
that he
had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been
plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither
could any
man tame him. "5": And always, night and day, he was in the
mountains, and
in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. "6": But when
he
saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, "7": And cried with a
loud
voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the
most
high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. "8": For
he said
unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. "9": And he
asked him,
What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we
are
many. "10": And he besought him much that he would not send them
away out
of the country. "11": Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a
great
herd of swine feeding. "12": And all the devils besought him,
saying, Send
us into the swine, that we may enter into them. "13": And forthwith
Jesus
gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into
the
swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea,
(they
were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
There is ONE possessed.
Luke

"26": And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over
against Galilee. "27": And when he went forth to land, there met him
out
of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no
clothes,
neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.
"28": When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and
with a
loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God
most
high? I beseech thee, torment me not. "29": (For he had commanded
the
unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught
him: and
he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands,
and
was driven of the devil into the wilderness.) "30": And Jesus asked
him,
saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils
were
entered into him. "31": And they besought him that he would not
command
them to go out into the deep.
"32": And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the
mountain: and
they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he
suffered them. "33": Then went the devils out of the man, and
entered into
the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the
lake, and
were choked.
There is ONE possessed.

!!! I BELIEVE in God. The bible is a valuable book but is NOT inerrant
!!!