15 year old with a loaded gun

HRM Resident

Oct 8, 2014, 11:55:24 AM10/8/14
<http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/boy-15-found-with-loaded-handgun-and-2-others-face-charges-1.2792054>

Amazing. A 15-year old caught with a loaded handgun in HRM. I
guess I shouldn't be shocked as this is nothing new these days . . . but
it wasn't too long ago when this sort of thing happened once a decade or
less. Now it's once or twice a month. Why the increase in guns locally?

When I was a teen, you could go to Canadian Tire and buy a long
gun. Or even mail order one from Simpson-Sears or Eatons! Today you
can't legally get any gun without selling your soul, it seems. Yet
there are more weapons around than ever.

Unfortunately, there seems to be an endless supply of guns for
punks and crooks. Something is broken here. Maybe hand guns should be
100% prohibited except for the police and military . . . and the
experience in Britain with no guns for "walk the beat" police even
questions their need to carry them. Take it a step further . . . why do
the military need side-arms? Aren't grenades, machine guns and assault
rifles enough? Maybe we ought to out and out ban hand guns in Canada,
no exceptions! They are just toys for the "gun nuts."

--
HRM Resident
Message has been deleted

Jack

Oct 8, 2014, 1:41:25 PM10/8/14

On 2014-10-08 12:55 PM, in article m13mp9$4it$1...@dont-email.me, "HRM
Resident" <hrm.res...@gmail.com> wrote:

> <http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/boy-15-found-with-loaded-handgun-an
Gang bangers from North Preston don't care about laws. They get the guns
from similar thugs in the US...
How about banning gangs ???

--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand
ready to do violence on their behalf.

A N Other

Oct 8, 2014, 4:27:44 PM10/8/14
Handgun shooting done properly is a fun (IMHO) safe sport, why do you
want to punish those of us who practice our sport because of the actions
of a few?

As I understand it most if not all the handguns used by the bad guys
aren't coming from legitimate sources, something that I can purchase
legally (assuming I have the proper paperwork) for under $1000.00 goes
on the street for over $2000.00. That tells me that our current laws are
working reasonably well.

My personal bee in my bonnet is safe storage, my desire for no warning
inspection of firearm storage can't overcome my belief in an
Englishman's home is his castle and proper authority ie a warrant is
required for such inspection

Personally I have no need to carry a sidearm, nor do I need one for home
defence, if my neighbourhood ever gets that bad I'm moving

---

Message has been deleted

A N Other

Oct 8, 2014, 5:07:50 PM10/8/14
On 2014-10-08 5:55 PM, lucreti...@fl.it wrote:
> If you look at US figures for kids who accidentally kill each other
> with dad's hand gun, I'm for them checking out the storage for guns of
> those who want them. Have to say, both my SIL and son store their
> guns safely so they have nothing to fear.
>>
>> Personally I have no need to carry a sidearm, nor do I need one for home
>> defence, if my neighbourhood ever gets that bad I'm moving
>
> Many people in that position though, don't have that option :(

Well to be fair if I was in some places in the Arctic I'd probably have
a rifle or shotgun close to hand just in case Mr Polar Bear comes visiting