Any place to get Park Brau Perminator

Timothy Burks

Dec 15, 1994, 11:24:40 AM12/15/94

Does anyone know where i can get this beer in the US? I really enjoied
it
while living in Germany. I got it in K-Town/Zweibruckken area.

Thanks,

Tim

Edward J Zeranski

Dec 17, 1994, 2:03:25 PM12/17/94
In article <3cpqk8$s...@us.psi.com> bur...@us.psi.com (Timothy Burks) writes:
>From: bur...@us.psi.com (Timothy Burks)
>Subject: Any place to get Park Brau Perminator
>Date: 15 Dec 1994 16:24:40 GMT

>Hi,

>Thanks,

>Tim

Park Brau was the local bottle beer in Kaiserslautern,Zwei,etc. They have a
KKB that is local to that area too,only have seen it here smuggled! Watch for
those little green bottles.

deanob...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2013, 12:52:48 PM6/25/13
Yeah, I was at Husterhoeh (misspelled) Kaserne for a short time before moving on to Karlsruhe. Parkbrau export was my favorite.

thela...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2014, 12:20:42 PM9/20/14
yes when were you at huesterhoe??? yes misspelled lol i was there in 1985/6. what did you do there? I was a 915 truck driver and this is the best beer in the world unarguably. I'd do about anything to get some I've been trying to find friends on fb in the area to get me some.

david....@coastalintl.com

Feb 2, 2015, 2:57:23 PM2/2/15
I was stationed in Karlsruhe in 86-89. Wow, what a kick as beer. I could drink no more that two without getting totaled. Wish I could get it here in the states.

rickfon...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2015, 2:18:53 AM2/25/15
No place here locally. I have heard that some of the bigger cities in the US have beer bars that carry over 300 different beers from all over the world.
I was stationed in Zweibrucken and lived 1 block from the brewery on Herzog Strasse. I was there March 1976 - March 1979.
Good beer!!! The export brand tasted even better.

carlton...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2015, 2:09:31 PM3/11/15
Tim I leraned about perminator in the same location from 83-87 / that stuff is the best

rro...@yahoo.com

Apr 24, 2015, 12:57:14 AM4/24/15
On Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 9:20:42 AM UTC-7, thela...@gmail.com wrote:
> yes when were you at huesterhoe??? yes misspelled lol i was there in 1985/6. what did you do there? I was a 915 truck driver and this is the best beer in the world unarguably. I'd do about anything to get some I've been trying to find friends on fb in the area to get me some.

I was in 76th trans co,My girlfriends brother was a dj at the club.
I was introduced to every type of beer there was. i still get some out here in cali,

robr...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2015, 2:57:05 PM4/30/15
Was stationed in Dahn, Germany 1972-73. Pirmasens, DE is where Parkbrau is brewed, I was 20 minutes away. I've done the brewery tour several times.
There were occasions that I'd be out with my buddies/soldiers and drinking Pirminator. The next morning I would be fuc... Up It Really kicks ass !

robr...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2015, 3:10:16 PM4/30/15
Pirminator, really kicks ass ! Parkbrau is brewed in Pirmasens, Germany. I was stationed with the Army in Dahn, about 20 mins from the brewery, toured it several times. I can't find it here in N Jersey, not even at Total Wine which a mega store, its a first class wine, beer, liquor store.

amiesa...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2015, 3:18:13 PM7/2/15
I was in 76th trans co. in 85 to 87! used to go to the Round Up. It was actually,in a dark brown bottle with a blue and silver label. best brew in the world hands down! Also a 915er. some called me Biff,others Salazar.

Jesus...@christianassassain.com

Jul 14, 2015, 2:53:21 PM7/14/15
On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:18:12 -0700 (PDT), amiesa...@gmail.com wrote:

>I was in 76th trans co. in 85 to 87! used to go to the Round Up.

This sounds really dangerous.,..,,

Show you love God. Murder everyone who dont follow Jesus.

tom_sm...@hotmail.com

Dec 28, 2015, 9:01:57 PM12/28/15
I don't know either, I really liked this beer while on Reforger 1977 with C 2/75 Rangers. If anybody knows where to get Parkbrau I would appreciate a heads up.

Tom

cbur...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2016, 1:25:33 AM3/7/16
hi my name is jerry i lived in pirmasens from 1970 to 1972 and used to drink parkbrau for three years, went to high school in k town and i used to drink the crap out of this beer shoppa am looking for it in las vegas nevada can you help me find it again

laurie....@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2016, 8:52:05 PM3/31/16
My husband was in Reforger.I have 5 boot steins with Parkbrau on them from that time period.
He passed away last May. Can you tell me about Reforger? I've gotten his personell recs( what they want to send me).Lots of codes and things I don't understand.
I would really appreciate anything you can tell me.

crewch...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2016, 10:04:36 AM4/15/16
Reformer was a NATO exercise where various military units participated in joint field exercises. I was stationed in Zweibrucken,Krezburg Kasern. But our army posting station was actually on Zeeibrucken Air Force Base. This base is actually now a race track for various types of auto and motorcycle racing.

larr...@gmail.com

May 20, 2016, 7:19:16 PM5/20/16
One of my 1St beers & ive tasted many since 1979 when i was 18-19 station in Hasloch , Primasens & Zwiebrucken , what i wouldn't do for a few cases its imbedded in my mind although i was lucky enough to have my sister and her husband bring me some in 2001 when they came back state side anywhere I can order , im sharing...

tthom...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2016, 10:31:22 AM6/10/16
I was in Zweibrueken from 90-93

butch...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2016, 1:45:38 PM8/22/16
No have never tried to bye Parkbrau in US was stationed in Zweibrucken for 3 months after De Gaulle threw out US troops in April 67. I agree best beer I had in Europe including all the big names Holland, Belgium and Germany, still have my ceramic liter mug and pop-top bottle!!

butch...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2016, 1:48:23 PM8/22/16
On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 10:04:36 AM UTC-4, crewch...@gmail.com wrote:
> Reformer was a NATO exercise where various military units participated in joint field exercises. I was stationed in Zweibrucken,Krezburg Kasern. But our army posting station was actually on Zeeibrucken Air Force Base. This base is actually now a race track for various types of auto and motorcycle racing.

I believe that's where I was stationed also when we got thrown out of France, great chow 1st time I eat on plates in 2 years!!

gdur...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2016, 1:08:37 PM9/23/16
Same here, from 89 - 91 K-Town/Vogelweh

mmo...@cox.net

Sep 23, 2016, 8:18:06 PM9/23/16
On Thursday, December 15, 1994 at 9:24:40 AM UTC-7, Timothy Burks wrote:
I miss it also - got out of Sunny Zwei in 1966!

ruhot...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2016, 9:50:37 PM11/14/16
On Thursday, December 15, 1994 at 10:24:40 AM UTC-6, Timothy Burks wrote:
I was in Zweibrucken 1972-1973 and have only seen Park Brau in one place
in Chicago many years ago. Searching for some old friends that lived in
Kreuzberg Kaserne with the MP, Post Office & Engineers. Bob D
The brewery in Zweibrucken closed in 1989.

theg...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2017, 5:06:01 AM1/10/17
On Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 11:20:42 AM UTC-5, thela...@gmail.com wrote:
> yes when were you at huesterhoe??? yes misspelled lol i was there in 1985/6. what did you do there? I was a 915 truck driver and this is the best beer in the world unarguably. I'd do about anything to get some I've been trying to find friends on fb in the area to get me some.

HI, I was there from 86/88 in Pirmasens (Pirm). 2 bridges was just up the road a few clicks. I was in the 74 siginal core. Parkbrau Pills beer and a brochen in the morning! Ah the memories!!! We all sat at the bowling alley and got tosted after work... I remember the faschings and the party train on new years eve... Ah yes, if only could get the beer here in the states...

kwd...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2017, 2:45:22 PM1/14/17
Was assigned under 2nd MI Btln to Pirmasens in '78, and my 1st beer after arrival in-country was with a pizza at the bowling alley in Pirmasens with a buddy from AIT. That beer was a Parkbrau Perminator. I was an inexperienced libation consumer. Needless to say the beer won! Finished the pizza, but 3/4 of that brown bottle had me falling out of the chair! After near 40 years the memory of my 1st Perminator is still vivid and brings a smile..

ottovon...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2017, 7:10:35 PM3/19/17
On Thursday, December 15, 1994 at 11:24:40 AM UTC-5, Timothy Burks wrote:
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2005-02-02/news/0502010286_1_brewery-baltimore-brewing-beer

bullers...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2017, 10:56:41 PM3/27/17
BREWED IN PARMESAN

robintp...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2017, 1:56:25 PM4/12/17
K-Town, Kleber Kaserne, B.Co 1st Sig Bn, 85-86. Unit Admirer. Can't think which one was better, Ansbach Uralt or Pirminatoers? Had anyone found a place in America yet? Now if I could find Sabine Got as well, Super!

oli...@gmail.com

May 26, 2017, 7:28:17 PM5/26/17
Hey! My grand-father was stationed there in the 50s and told me about this amazing beer they brought out at christmas. Do you remember what the alcohol percentage was?

Thanks for your help!

oli...@gmail.com

May 26, 2017, 7:28:53 PM5/26/17

oli...@gmail.com

May 26, 2017, 7:30:16 PM5/26/17

wsjaa...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2017, 5:49:17 PM6/17/17
Two of us are sitting in Bloomington, MN reminiscing about our time in Pirmasens. 1966 to 1969. Stationed at the 59th Ordinance HHQ. Loved Parkbrau. Ist mein lieber.

lpre...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2017, 7:42:53 PM9/6/17
Wow when were you at Kreuzberg I was K9 at Zweibrücken AB 86-88 and I wish I had kept one of the Parkbrau mugs

aellis1...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2017, 3:16:07 PM9/19/17
Zweibruken 87-91 krubreg A 2/6 ADA miss this beer anybody who knows how to get it please share

interen...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2017, 5:32:48 PM11/23/17
What is your name I was there same time

milk4...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2017, 4:16:45 PM11/30/17
Hi.Just out of curiosity..what was your girlfriend's name? Both of my brother's were DJ's in Pirmasens. My sister and I introduced many newbies to the infamous Pirmanator brew. We won bets all the time, betting soldiers they would be drunk after drinking only 1 or 2 bottles of Parkbrau. Lol

marku...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2018, 8:28:51 PM1/30/18
I was there too in 91. I loved this beer

rowdy...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2018, 5:11:42 PM4/4/18
They were war games that took place all over Europe all branches of the military and many countries participated in them

braden...@gmail.com

May 31, 2018, 8:05:53 PM5/31/18
I go to Pirmasens every year. Where do you live? If you are close to Florida, I’ll bring a couple back for you..

galaxy...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2018, 5:08:14 PM6/21/18
Hey Tim,
I was at Zwie until July 83

ch...@vapewild.com

Sep 7, 2018, 4:49:40 PM9/7/18

> I was in 76th trans co. in 85 to 87! used to go to the Round Up.

I was stationed at ROB in late 80's. I used to hit the Round Up and the Trocadero (spelling is probably wrong) and a few others. I used to get cases of Perm at the Vogelweh PX. Maybe because I was just a youngster back then the 6.7ish% alcohol used to knock me on my butt. I actually still have an original bottle of Perm from 1987.

Prost

eddi...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2018, 7:09:13 PM9/24/18
Hey This is the Wolf From 165th Signal. 1981 to 1985. Best Beer Ever...

samwil...@aol.com

Oct 28, 2018, 4:46:53 PM10/28/18
On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 7:52:05 PM UTC-5, laurie....@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> My husband was in Reforger.I have 5 boot steins with Parkbrau on them from that time period.
> He passed away last May. Can you tell me about Reforger? I've gotten his personell recs( what they want to send me).Lots of codes and things I don't understand.
> I would really appreciate anything you can tell me.

I was stationed in Zweibrucken in 1971 and part of 72. Reforger was just a series of war games every year as a way of buying crops from the Germans.

samwil...@aol.com

Oct 28, 2018, 4:52:04 PM10/28/18
Spent pretty much all of 71 and part of 72 at Sunny Zwei, worked in personnel drank plenty of Parkbrau because it was a nikel cheaper than Lowenbrau, best brats in the world in Zweibrucke and the Weinervaul restaurant was also very good.

brad...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2018, 6:55:33 PM11/7/18
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 6:42:53 PM UTC-5, lpre...@gmail.com wrote:
> Wow when were you at Kreuzberg I was K9 at Zweibrücken AB 86-88 and I wish I had kept one of the Parkbrau mugs

I just bought two .4 liter mugs yesterday at Cannon AFB, N.M. thrift shop yesterday, 50 cents each. I was stationed at Zweibrucken AFB from 83-87. My favorite was Pils, but also liked Export and Pirminator when it was available. The NCO club and snack bar at the ice arena/bowling alley never ran out of beer! The Pirminators would put you under if you drank it like regular beer.

djv...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2019, 10:13:35 PM10/4/19
Oh boy do I remember the Perminator. I was in Muenchweiler in 1980-82. Oh the memories

lawse...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2019, 12:31:32 AM12/18/19
I was stationed in AUGSBURG, Deutschland. Went to Pirm a couple times. I to this day and I LOVE this beer über alles. 3 and I was DRUNK. 5 would make me pass out. Best Bier immer.

mike...@ns.sympatico.ca

Jan 3, 2020, 5:33:55 PM1/3/20
I was in marville France 64 67 Canadian air force park brue was the beer
Mike bond ns Canada

David Cobb

Nov 12, 2020, 6:05:45 PM11/12/20
On Saturday, December 17, 1994 at 2:03:25 PM UTC-5, Edward J Zeranski wrote:
> In article <3cpqk8$s...@us.psi.com> bur...@us.psi.com (Timothy Burks) writes:
> >From: bur...@us.psi.com (Timothy Burks)
> >Subject: Any place to get Park Brau Perminator
> >Date: 15 Dec 1994 16:24:40 GMT
> >Hi,
> >Does anyone know where i can get this beer in the US? I really enjoied
> >it
> >while living in Germany. I got it in K-Town/Zweibruckken area.
> >Thanks,
> >Tim
> Park Brau was the local bottle beer in Kaiserslautern,Zwei,etc. They have a
> KKB that is local to that area too,only have seen it here smuggled! Watch for
> those little green bottles.
That's BBK. I was stationed at Kleber Kaserne from 1976-1978. Right out of high school. Three of the best years of my life!