Golden Anniversary Beer = Best Beer Ever?

TheHairyBeast

Oct 17, 2004, 10:06:20 AM10/17/04

When I was growing up, say from 16 to 19 years old back in the late 80's
There was a beer.... No it was more like a nectar of the gods. Any way, it
was called Golden Anniversary Beer. It came in a plain looking gold can that
proudly announced it was the winner of some beer festival.

I used to get this stuff (underage of course) At the local beer store for
the low low price of $8.00 a 24 pack!

If anyone out there knows if this stuff is still made, or can get their
hands on some, let me know, I'd love to have a case or two here with me.

--
From The Desk Of Mr.FixIt
At

jessk...@yahoo.com

Oct 17, 2004, 12:28:33 PM10/17/04
jessk...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Genesee is now High Falls and has a number of
> new brands (Shea, Dundee- which, I take it, are made up names) but
> doesn't even list Koch or Gold Anniversary brands on their website.

Correction- They don't display the logo of Koch in the list of brands,
but the mention it in the text section:

http://www.highfalls.com/about.asp

"High Falls Brewing Company located in Rochester, New York, is the fifth
largest brewing company in America, and the brewers of JW Dundee's Honey
Brown Lager, Michael Shea's Irish Amber, Genny Light, the Genesee Family
of brands and Koch's Golden Anniversary."

Grifty121

Oct 17, 2004, 1:26:40 PM10/17/04
High Falls, Genesse,whatever you want to call it, is on the verge of going
under, as usual. They owe the city of Rochester tens of 1000's of dollars in
back taxes and utility bills that the city is letting them slide on. They
couldn't make a good beer for love or money.

KendoSurf

Nov 11, 2023, 1:30:05 PM11/11/23
Koch's GAB from Dunkirk came in clear glass bottles with gold foil. It had a well-crafted bitterness to it, lacking in most American Adjunct Lagers...Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. They switched to dark brown bottles containing a variable, mediocre brew. Then Genesee took the GAB label and created a consistent but unimpressive product. That was the canned version; only one that I know of from Genny.

--
For full context, visit https://www.drinksforum.com/beer-all/golden-anniversary-beer-best-beer-ever-13318-.htm

KendoSurf

Nov 11, 2023, 1:30:05 PM11/11/23
Genesee now has a variety of "Genny" brews and contract brews. Great range of quality, from Bleech! to Nice! Genesee Cream Ale (Genny Screamers) is their best regular AAL.