fruit beer receipes?

sawdustmaker

Apr 7, 2018, 12:37:09 PM4/7/18
All I see is spam, latest is Nov. 13. If anyone is still around can you
point me to some good extract or partial mash fruit beer recepies? I've
looked on the web and didn't find any that suited our taste easily.
Thx

cshenk

Jan 7, 2024, 10:34:56 PMJan 7
Hi, this seems the last non-spam message?

Anyone lurking?

John

Jan 9, 2024, 11:23:37 AMJan 9
I'm lurking. Haven't brewed since I made a small batch of strawberry
mead a year ago.

john

cshenk

Jan 10, 2024, 9:51:35 AMJan 10
Hi John, I'm curious on starter kits that are just fun to play with and
won't make me broke.

John

Jan 11, 2024, 2:19:47 PMJan 11
Starter kits for beer, mead, cider? Do you have any gear at all, or are
you looking for a kit that includes the equipment you'll need too?

If you've got a local brewing store, they can probably help you piece
together what you need to get a basic brew going, as long as you're
clear on what you actually want ("my first brew, with extracts" not
"advanced all-stainless homebrew installation"). Cider and mead are way
easier in my opinion than beer, especially if you enjoy your cider still
(a good still cider or mead beats a white wine, in my opinion).

john

DaiTengu

Jan 13, 2024, 6:36:10 PMJan 13
To: cshenk
Re: Re: fruit beer receipes?
By: cshenk to alt.beer.home-brewing on Wed Jan 10 2024 02:51 pm

cs> Hi John, I'm curious on starter kits that are just fun to play with and
cs> won't make me broke.

RiteBrew has a few good basic howtos. on getting started. They're located near me, and It's where I get all my equipment an grains from when I brew (or when I used to brew? as I said, I should get back into it!)

https://www.ritebrew.com/Shipping-Information-a/252.htm
https://www.ritebrew.com/v/vspfiles/files/resources/PartialBoil.pdf

DaiTengu

...Heavy, adj.: Seduced by the chocolate side of the force.
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
* War Ensemble BBS - Appleton, WI - telnet://warensemble.com

DaiTengu

Jan 13, 2024, 6:36:10 PMJan 13
To: cshenk
Re: Re: fruit beer receipes?
By: cshenk to alt.beer.home-brewing on Wed Jan 10 2024 02:51 pm

cs> Hi John, I'm curious on starter kits that are just fun to play with and
cs> won't make me broke.

An extract kit. a 1-5 gallon pot, the ability to boil it, a fermenting bucket (usually a 5-7 gallon pail with a lid that seals, and a hole for an airlock or blowoff hose), and sanitizers.

Then you'll need bottles to bottle it (and a good way to transfer from the buckets to the botles. siphon tubes are fine. just make sure they're sanitized!)

You can probably get everything you need for $50-$75.

Unless you want to go all grain. that's an entirely differen beast.

My setup, which has been sitting here in my basement collecting dust for a good 2-3 years has probably cost me over $2500

I really need to do something with it.

DaiTengu

...Ahhhhhhhh, I forget what I was going to say.