BBS Link

Kevin

Nov 23, 2019, 2:14:08 PM11/23/19
Hello !

Has anybody tried setting up BBS Link (http://bbslink.net/) with Wildcat! v6 and had
success ?

I can get the connection fine using cmd.exe, but when I try and launch the .bat from
Wildcat!'s door menu it farts back at me to the same screen.

Thanks !

-Kevin

city.dam...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2020, 12:50:42 AM7/5/20
Wildcat v5 and up sucks when it comes to doors. It wants everything ran from a batch file in the c:\wc6\batch directory. You can't launch anything but a .BAT from the door configuration.

To answer your question, NO, I spent about 4-5 hours trying to get BBSlink to work on Wildcat! v8. I could run it locally form the command prompt fine, but when WC called it as a door, all hell breaks loose.

The only thing I can say is WC handles doors very poorly. I needed to run a door at login which would send me a text when someone logged on to the system. I then found out there is no login door like with other BBS packages like Serchlight or Synchronet. I have to create a small wcBASIC app and compile it, which would then call the program from a files called logon-hooks.txt which was play in the C:\WCAT\CONFIG\ directory. All the to just run a login door.

Let me know if you ever got BBSLink Doors to work on your system and how you done it.

Best,

Kent

Kevin

Jul 8, 2020, 1:08:03 PM7/8/20
On 05/07/2020 06:50, city.dam...@gmail.com wrote to All:

-> Let me know if you ever got BBSLink Doors to work on your system and how you done
it.

Hey Kent,

To be honest I dropped it for a while, I'm going to start having a go at it again and see if I
can get anywhere. I'll try and document it in case it actually works, but it sounds like I
might not be taking a winning battle...

-Kevin