Hmm Unix BBS?

Shawn

Sep 26, 2009, 9:01:52 PM9/26/09
So has the term Unix BBS made you scared?
Well I'm trying to setup one up to get rid of Synchronet on my Windoze box.

I'm tried DayDream and Mystic BBS, but failed on the compiling thing.
Anyone care to help? I'll make an SSH account for you if you want even.

Another thing, anyone know what Linux BBS packages their are? If your
wondering, yes I know Synchro runs on Linux as I'm currently catching hell,
trying to get it to work...

In fact it just got done with a CVS source download and it's compiling right
now...

If you want an account or something, telnet to xblade.servequake.com
make an account and e-mail the Sysop, thats if you auctually want to help
run a Linux BBS, not for a free Shell account, soon if I get bored enough
I'll be setting up a connection to Cluenet.org

Check them out, they have some very (Young and Dumb) People their, but some
great and very knowledgable people in the Community, entrance is open to the
Public, once you complete the testing required.

#2pencil

Nov 24, 2009, 4:52:03 AM11/24/09
On Sep 26, 8:01 pm, "Shawn" <Sommop...@xblade.servequake.com> wrote:
> So has the term Unix BBS made you scared?
No, quite the opposite :)

> Anyone care to help? I'll make an SSH account for you if you want even.

Maybe if we can "learn as we go". I'm new to the BBS scene myself, &
am having a heck of a time.

> Another thing, anyone know what Linux BBS packages their are?

I'm currently running MBSE on Slackware. Though I would certainly
prefer something that I could run on a FreeBSD box. I see that MBSE
does this, but I wanted to take things slow & get it setup on my
desktop PC before committing to anything.

> If you want an account or something, telnet to xblade.servequake.com
> make an account and e-mail the Sysop, thats if you auctually want to help
> run a Linux BBS, not for a free Shell account, soon if I get bored enough
> I'll be setting up a connection to Cluenet.org

If you are still working on this, I'll check it out.

-#2pencil-