Re: (C)Comment Sysop (P)Page Sysop and /U Massupload not wor

Leslie Given

Nov 15, 2013, 12:42:00 PM11/15/13
To: Sebastian Hehn
On 11-15-13, Sebastian Hehn said the following...

SH> My bbs is now almost working good and soon to be public. I have some
SH> problems with a few "Connect Sysop" features and Upload function.

In the first place, you never said what OS your using? Kinda hard to guess
what your issues are without that info. All those things work here except
Paging the sysop in linix (does not) funtion. never did..
here are some examples of the menu command line funtions

############################# Command #11 (main) ##
# Display Text | Feedback display a text file
# LightBar Low |
# LightBar High |
# Hot Key | X
# Access |
# Display Type | Access
# X Y | 0 0
# Timer | 0
# Timer Type | Interval Redraw | Yes
# Command ------------------ Access ----- Data ----
# (GD) Display a file EMAILFRM
# (MW) Send new e-mail /TO:Skuz

also this will only work in windows when page the sysop
Command ------------------ Access ----- Data -
(GP) Page Sysop for chat

mass upload on the sysop menu should look something like this
Command ------------------ Access ----- Data -
(F1) (SYS) Mass upload s255

but you'll need to actually have file areas setup and config, for it to do
anything..

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 A38 (Windows)
* Origin: FlupH * fluph.darktech.org (1:275/91)

Sebastian Hehn

Nov 16, 2013, 10:15:03 AM11/16/13
To: Leslie Given
Hi Leslie,
thank you for your answer!
Indeed, I was a bit short with my info, sorry.

LG> guess what your issues are without that info. All those things work here
LG> except Paging the sysop in linix (does not) funtion. never did..
LG> here are some examples of the menu command line funtions

I use the Linux, Raspberry Pi Version 110e36.
So you already wrote the answer - will this issue be fixed sometime ?

LG> but you'll need to actually have file areas setup and config, for it to
LG> do anything..

I have, yes. Got 10 Areas wih files in it. Made this MUTIL Workaround.

Thank you for your help,
best greetings
Sebastian

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 A38 (Windows)
* Origin: BlackICE.BBSIndex.com:23 (2:240/8001)

g00r00

Nov 18, 2013, 12:10:50 AM11/18/13
To: Sebastian Hehn
SH> I use the Linux, Raspberry Pi Version 110e36.
SH> So you already wrote the answer - will this issue be fixed sometime ?

If you want to chat with a user you need to use nodespy to chat. The page
you can do by calling a shell script to make whatever noise you want.

This isn't a Mystic issue.

SH> I have, yes. Got 10 Areas wih files in it. Made this MUTIL Workaround.

I wonder if there are access issues here (Linux not Mystic).

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 A38 (Windows)
* Origin: Sector 7 [Mystic BBS WHQ] (1:129/215)

Sebastian Hehn

Nov 18, 2013, 3:30:03 PM11/18/13
to g00r00
To: g00r00
Hi there!

g0> If you want to chat with a user you need to use nodespy to chat. The
g0> page you can do by calling a shell script to make whatever noise you
g0> want.

Ok, that's a good idea, i'l figure that out! Thx.

g0> I wonder if there are access issues here (Linux not Mystic)

hmmm. The whole BBS directory is owned by the BBS - User, all rights shall be
given. I'll look again for that.