Crossroads of the Elements DEDICATED SERVER!!!

Socrates

Aug 10, 2009, 9:00:37 PM8/10/09
Nostalgia BBS is now hosting Crossroads of the Elements on its own,
Dedicated server. Crossroads of the Elements (XROADS for short) was a
very popular mud in the dialup days, but it has pretty much gone the
way of the Dodo. This one is *NOT* the cracked version going around
the Internet! This is the legit version, where you can actually go
past level 4!

You can find this game as a link from our ADVENTURE/RPG/MUD section!
This is a newly-installed game. So, be the first to get the talismans
and get on the high score list!

telnet://nostalgiabbs.servebbs.net

darmstr...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2016, 4:03:04 PM6/17/16
Bah! I'm several years too late it seems.... can't find any good sources for xroads anymore. Would very much like to see the game go again or at least find a good download source with documentation.

jwoff...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2018, 5:08:58 PM1/27/18
On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 3:03:04 PM UTC-5, darmstr...@gmail.com wrote:
> Bah! I'm several years too late it seems.... can't find any good sources for xroads anymore. Would very much like to see the game go again or at least find a good download source with documentation.

Seems I may be a bit late for you, also.. But I hope this may help your search adventures.

I used to love playing this old BBS game when I was a teenager. I've recently gotten back into playing it.

I have found two places that currently still have XRoads still going.

A simple google search will pull both of these up, however, here are the links.

This one is XR only. No MBBS interface other than creating an account.
telnet://xroads.macro10.com:7777

This is a MBBS interface with other BBS games and even a small file library INCLUDING the XRoads Doc's that has been lost along the way of the internet through the years.
telnet://bbs.phospher.com:23

If you have already found these, then my apologies for the very late response. Otherwise, I have been playing on the macro10 bbs, under the name of Texanbred. Currently level 7 or 8 earth warrior. Still wandering around town and touching just the insides of element gates for low level mobs. Keep getting to 10 and somehow think I'm an ubergod and start taking bigger risks, LOL..

Hope to see some other players.

darkforce

Jul 9, 2019, 6:15:09 AM7/9/19
SOC 4 EVER Telnet: bbs.soc4ever.com
It's still up and working, check it out.
The only other option is to play it on MBBS Dos box port on the net.

MBBS4EVER is out there too and will run on a VM Machine or XP with a
packet driver.
http://software.bbsdocumentary.com/IBM/WINDOWS/MAJORBBS/

http://bbsdocumentary.com/software/IBM/DOS/MBBS/mbbs/

Good Luck with your gaming.