Trying to find Forbidden Lands 3 (Book III): The Islands of Dawn

blixel

Aug 7, 2013, 2:48:58 AM8/7/13
This newsgroup is understandably inactive, so this is a long shot at best. But I'm hoping to find a copy of Forbidden Lands 3 for the Major BBS. I have Forbidden Lands 1: The City of Falchon, and Forbidden Lands 2: The Vale of Grimyre, so I would really like to find part 3 to round out my collection.

If you're not familiar with Forbidden Lands and want to see it, I made a package a couple of years ago that can be ran under DOSBOX. (I assume it would work just as well under VirtualBox, VMware, and so on, but I've only tested it under DOSBOX personally.)

I put this package on megaupload, but it's gone now of course.

http://db.tt/wkqEKWEQ

If anyone has Forbidden Lands 3, please contact me!

aaron...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2014, 3:14:52 AM7/9/14
Did you ever find a copy? Please let me know, I miss playing it.

aaron...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2014, 3:16:03 PM7/9/14
I just wanted to add that a few years ago I did find a torrent with every damn MajorMUD game I can remember. It did have FL1, FL2 and FL3. I never played FL1 so I played FL2 and FL3, MajorMUD (an old release) and Tele-Arena. I later nuked the file, stupid me.

It WAS on that one torrent. Just not sure where the hell it is these days, cant find it on any oft he torrents I find online available. They dont ahve FL3.

blixel

Aug 2, 2014, 11:00:04 PM8/2/14
On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:14:52 AM UTC-4, aaron...@gmail.com wrote:
> Did you ever find a copy? Please let me know, I miss playing it.

No. Hopefully Forbidden Lands 3 will get unearthed some day.

aaron...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2018, 2:21:03 PM8/21/18
I'm still holding out hope, so many years later :)
Message has been deleted

aaron...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2019, 4:35:08 PM2/13/19
What diskette?
Message has been deleted

aaron...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2019, 4:40:14 PM2/13/19
On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 1:39:15 PM UTC-8, mont...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 1:35:08 PM UTC-8, aaron...@gmail.com wrote:
> > What diskette?
>
> Unfortunately no diskette's have been located just old zips of files. Diskettes are most likely long gone. Need to examine it. Might not be 100% original, but should be nearly the same as stock.

Cool, well if you happen to have the zips of the disks, i'd hack away at it and try to make it work on my MBBS install on my PC. Thx
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

aaron...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2020, 1:33:33 PM7/10/20
I found it. Now I have to get MBBS running again. A real PITA since it wont work on Win10 x64 anymore, so time to VM. Anyhow here it is:

https://akira.voidbbs.com/MBBSMODS

blixel

Jul 11, 2020, 9:49:31 AM7/11/20
On Friday, July 10, 2020 at 1:33:33 PM UTC-4, aaron...@gmail.com wrote:
> I found it. Now I have to get MBBS running again. A real PITA since it wont work on Win10 x64 anymore, so time to VM. Anyhow here it is:
>
> https://akira.voidbbs.com/MBBSMODS

Yeah, these were found, cracked, and made available on major.butt.care about 16 months ago. Unfortunately there was no source code - and the default timings of FL3 are set such that the game is unbearably slow to the point of being totally unplayable in my opinion.

Hopefully someone will release the source code so this game can be enjoyed.

Mike K

Dec 22, 2020, 12:17:15 PM12/22/20
Can someone point the cracked files instead of the executable? I am using the emulator...
I can dig into getting DOSBox and whatnot up and running again but it'd be easier if someone already has the post-cracked version

blixel

Dec 23, 2020, 9:23:52 AM12/23/20

Agreed. I went through the steps in a VM and kept a copy just for this reason, so here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LaGwHi9G2xO_4JLSrngU_huZkFZMTZgn/view?usp=sharing