Can I find used FirstClass Server for sale?

metalmac

Feb 5, 2008, 10:44:37 PM2/5/08
Hi!

Is it posible to find used old FirstClass server software?
I would like to start a hobby BBS, but its all to expencive
to bye a new set of server software from SoftArc just to have
a hobby BBS. Anyone know anything?

/Metalmac

Marc

May 22, 2008, 6:11:20 PM5/22/08
Hello all.

As you probably know, FirstClass usually requires their proprietary
client
to successfully connect to it... And it's expensive software! A FAR
better
option would be a FreeWare BBS like Synchronet. It's still fully
developed
and extremely popular. TONS of options including, if I'm not
mistaken, a
web interface in addtion to traditional telnet and (I think) dial-up.
Complete
with an FTP server as well as a very neat Newgroup client.

Take a look at http://www.synchro.net and see.
--
Best regards,
Marc

---timEd/2 1.10+

Joe Schweier

Jun 4, 2010, 10:17:56 AM6/4/10
m> From: ovs...@mac.se

m> Hi!

m> Is it posible to find used old FirstClass server
m> software?
m> I would like to start a hobby BBS, but its all to
m> expencive
m> to bye a new set of server software from SoftArc just to
m> have
m> a hobby BBS. Anyone know anything?

Synchronet is good, still being developed and its free.

synchro.net is the website