Synchronet mods from Digital Distortion

Eric Oulashin

Sep 1, 2009, 7:57:24 PM9/1/09
For any Synchronet sysops interested in mods, I've created some
Synchronet mods that are available for download. The following is the
web page for my Synchronet mods:
http://digdist.bbsindex.com/DigDistDoors/DigitalDistortionSynchDoors.html

My mods:
- SlyEdit: A message editor that can mimic the look and feel of IceEdit
or DCT Edit. SlyEdit, however, is written in JavaScript, so it does not
require 16-bit DOS emulation; so, SlyEdit is faster and more reliable.

- Message Lister: A JavaScript script that allows the user to list
messages a in a sub-board in a summary fashion, and allows forward and
reverse navigation; also allows the user to choose a message to read and
optionally reply to. Uses a lightbar interface (ANSI only) or a
traditional interface (works with both ANSI and ASCII terminals).

- File Lister: A file listing mod, written in Baja, that changes the
file listing prompt to a lightbar prompt and displays a custom header
above the file listing. The look is styled similarly to WarezTag!, a
file listing door that was written for RemoteAccess.

- Login Matrix: A flexible, customizable login matrix written in
JavaScript. Displays an optional background file for the login menu
(which has a lightbar interface) and an optional other background file
with the username & password prompt. Matrix "Themes" can be added in
their own directories with their own configuration options specifying
colors, background files, etc. Also, this login matrix has
multi-lingual support via editable language files (currently, English
and German language files have been written).

- List Today's Callers: A JavaScript script that lists the day's callers
in a colored, formatted table, similar to Renegade's caller list.
Colors and options are customizable via a configuration file.

- List All Users: A JavaScript script that lists all users in a colored,
formatted table, similar to Renegade's caller list. Colors and options
are customizable via a configuration file.

jAS0NH

Sep 14, 2009, 4:41:53 PM9/14/09
Eric Oulashin wrote:
> For any Synchronet sysops interested in mods, I've created some
> Synchronet mods that are available for download. The following is the
> web page for my Synchronet mods:
> http://digdist.bbsindex.com/DigDistDoors/DigitalDistortionSynchDoors.html

hey did you sort out that issue with your mods not playing well with
flashterm?

Eric O.

Sep 17, 2009, 8:31:44 PM9/17/09

I haven't yet. However, a new version of FlashTerm (0.7) was released a
couple days ago, and all my mods seem to work fairly well with it except
my message lister. Even SlyEdit seems to work well with version 0.7.

I've tried updating my message lister to use 79 columns instead of 80,
but that didn't help much. SlyEdit uses all 80 columns, so perhaps the
issue is something else. I'm not sure why my message lister still isn't
working well with FlashTerm..

Eric