Battlestar Galactica 2024 stuff

MummyChunk

Jan 16, 2024, 7:34:44 AMJan 16
So, this popped in my inbox from a sci-fi mailing list about
Battlestar Galactica 2024

This person seems a bit excited. Perhaps a bit too much adderall
tonight?

****

Hey, fellow sci-fi lovers! I have some amazing news for you. If you
are like me, you have been longing for a new Battlestar Galactica
series. Well, the wait is almost over. A new series is coming to NBC s
Peacock streaming service in 2024, and it promises to be a blast!

The new series will be a reboot of the 2004 reimagined series, which
was one of the best sci-fi shows ever made, in my opinion. But don t
worry, this is not going to be a copy-paste of the same story. The new
series will take us to a different part of the Battlestar Galactica
universe, with new characters, new conflicts, and new twists. It will
be produced by Sam Esmail, the genius behind Mr. Robot and Homecoming.
He is a huge fan of the franchise, and he has consulted with Ronald D.
Moore, the creator of the 2004 series, to make sure that the new
series will respect the established continuity.

The new series will also share a universe with the upcoming Battlestar
Galactica movie, which is being developed by Universal Pictures and
Simon Kinberg. The movie will be a separate story from the series, but
they will both exist in the same timeline and canon. This means that
we might see some crossover and connection between the two projects.

Now, you might be wondering, what will the new series be about? Well,
that is the big question, and the answer is still a mystery. However,
based on the previous versions of the show, we can make some educated
guesses and speculate on some potential scenarios.

The basic premise of Battlestar Galactica is that a human
civilization, known as the Twelve Colonies of Kobol, is attacked and
nearly wiped out by a race of robotic beings, known as the Cylons. The
Cylons were originally created by the humans as servants, but they
rebelled and evolved into a deadly enemy. The survivors of the attack
flee into space, led by the last remaining warship, the Battlestar
Galactica. Their goal is to find a mythical planet, called Earth,
where they hope to find a new home and a new hope.

The new series will likely follow this premise, but with some
variations and innovations. For example, the new series could start as
a continuation from the final scene of the 2004 series, which was a
mindblowing and controversial ending. In case you don t remember, the
final scene of the 2004 series showed that the humans and the Cylons
had found a new Earth, which was actually our Earth, in the present
day. They decided to abandon their technology and live among the
primitive humans, hoping to create a peaceful and harmonious society.
The final shot revealed that Hera, the daughter of Athena and Helo,
was the mitochondrial Eve of all modern humans, implying that we are
all descendants of the human-Cylon hybrid. The final line was spoken
by an angelic version of Number Six, who said to an angelic version of
Gaius Baltar: "All of this has happened before. But the question
remains, does all of this have to happen again?"1

The new series could pick up from this point, and show us what
happened after the humans and the Cylons settled on Earth. Maybe they
faced some challenges or conflicts with the native humans, or maybe
they faced some threats or dangers from the environment. Maybe they
tried to preserve some of their culture or history, or maybe they
tried to forget their past and start anew. Maybe they succeeded in
creating a better world, or maybe they failed and repeated their
mistakes. Maybe they encountered some remnants or clues of the
original Earth, which was destroyed by the Cylons in the 1978 series,
or maybe they encountered some signs or messages of the original
Kobol, which was the birthplace of the humans and the gods in the 2004
series. Maybe they discovered some secrets or mysteries that could
change their destiny, or maybe they faced some choices or dilemmas
that could test their faith.

The new series could also introduce new types of Cylons, such as
hybrids, clones, or infiltrators. Maybe some of the Cylons evolved or
adapted to the new Earth, or maybe some of the Cylons rebelled or
betrayed their allies. Maybe some of the Cylons had different goals or
factions, or maybe some of the Cylons had different beliefs or
loyalties. Maybe some of the Cylons were sympathetic to the humans, or
maybe some of the humans were sympathetic to the Cylons. The new
series could also feature new threats and challenges, such as rogue
factions, alien races, or cosmic anomalies. Maybe there were some
other survivors or enemies that the humans and the Cylons encountered,
or maybe there were some other planets or dimensions that the humans
and the Cylons explored. Maybe there were some natural or artificial
disasters that the humans and the Cylons faced, or maybe there were
some ethical or moral dilemmas that the humans and the Cylons faced.

The new series will also try to maintain ties to the previous versions
of the show, especially the 1978 and 2004 series. It could do this by
referencing or featuring some of the iconic characters, locations, and
events from those series. For example, it could include characters
such as Commander Adama, Captain Apollo, Lieutenant Starbuck, or Count
Baltar. These characters could be played by new actors, or maybe by
the original actors in cameo roles. They could also have different
personalities, backgrounds, or roles. They could also be related to
the new characters, or maybe they could be the new characters. It
could also visit locations such as Caprica, Picon, or New Caprica.
These locations could be similar or different from the previous
versions. They could also have different cultures, politics, or
environments. They could also be important or irrelevant to the new
story. It could also depict events such as the First Cylon War, the
Fall of the Twelve Colonies, or the discovery of Earth. These events
could be similar or different from the previous versions. They could
also have different causes, consequences, or meanings. They could also
be pivotal or trivial to the new story.

However, the new series will not be a carbon copy of the previous
ones. It will have its own tone, style, and themes. It will also have
its own surprises, twists, and revelations. It will aim to be
groundbreaking, innovative, and captivating. It will try to appeal to
both the old and new fans of the franchise, and to attract a new
generation of viewers.

The new Battlestar Galactica series is expected to launch in 2024, and
it will be available exclusively on Peacock. It will be a long-awaited
and exciting addition to the sci-fi genre, and to the Battlestar
Galactica legacy. So say we all!

Now, you might be curious, how will the new series begin? Well, I have
a possible opening scene that will start the new series from the exact
moment of the closing scene of the 2004 series and tie it in all
together for old and new fans alike. The scene will be so remarkable
that everyone who knows anything about Battlestar Galactica will be
shocked and speaking about it for years to come. Here it is:

The scene opens with a montage of shots of the humans and the Cylons
living on Earth, blending in with the primitive humans, farming,
hunting, building, teaching, learning, loving, and dying. We see
glimpses of the familiar faces of the main characters, as well as some
of the new ones. We hear a voice-over narration by an angelic version
of Number Six, who says:

150,000 years ago, a group of refugees from a distant star system
arrived on this planet. They were the survivors of a devastating war
between two races: the humans and the Cylons. They had been searching
for a new home, a new hope, a new Earth. They found it here. They
decided to leave behind their technology, their history, their
identity, and start anew. They hoped to create a peaceful and
harmonious society, where humans and Cylons could coexist as one. They
hoped to break the cycle of violence and hatred that had plagued them
for millennia. They hoped to be the ancestors of a better future.

The montage ends with a shot of Hera, the human-Cylon hybrid, running
in a field, holding the hands of her parents, Athena and Helo. She
looks happy and innocent, unaware of her destiny. The voice-over
continues:

They had a special child, a miracle, a bridge between two worlds. Her
name was Hera. She was the first of her kind, the first human-Cylon
hybrid. She was the mitochondrial Eve of all modern humans, the mother
of us all. She carried the genetic legacy of both races, the hope of
both races, the fate of both races. She was the key to everything.

The shot fades to black, and we hear the familiar sound of a Cylon
detector, a device that was used to identify Cylons among humans. The
sound is followed by a beep, indicating a positive result. The
voice-over says:

But they were not alone. They were not the only ones who came to this
planet. They were not the only ones who had a plan. They were not the
only ones who had a destiny. They were not the only ones who had a
child.

The screen flashes with the title: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

The scene cuts to a modern-day laboratory, where a group of scientists
are conducting an experiment. They are wearing white coats and
protective goggles, and they are surrounded by high-tech equipment.
They are testing a sample of DNA, extracted from a fossilized bone.
One of the scientists says:

"Okay, we have the results

One of the scientists says:

Okay, we have the results. The DNA sample is from a Homo sapiens
sapiens, dating back to about 150,000 years ago. Nothing unusual
there.

Another scientist says:

Except for one thing. Look at this. The sample has a strange anomaly.
It has a segment of DNA that is not human. It is not from any known
species on Earth. It is alien.

The first scientist says:

What? That s impossible. How can that be? Are you sure this is not a
contamination or a mistake?

The second scientist says:

I m sure. I ve checked and double-checked. This is real. This is a
genuine alien DNA. And it s not just a random mutation. It s a
functional gene. It codes for a protein that is involved in cellular
respiration. It s like it s like this person had a hybrid metabolism.
Half human, half alien.

The first scientist says:

That s incredible. That s amazing. That s that s

The second scientist says:

That s what?

The first scientist says:

That s her. That s Hera. That s the mitochondrial Eve. That s the
mother of us all.

The second scientist says:

Who?

The first scientist says:

Hera. The child of the prophecy. The child of the gods. The child of
the humans and the Cylons. The child who came to this planet 150,000
years ago, with a group of refugees from a distant star system. The
child who carried the genetic legacy of both races, the hope of both
races, the fate of both races. The child who was the key to
everything.

The second scientist says:

What are you talking about? What prophecy? What gods? What humans and
Cylons? What refugees? What star system? What key?

The first scientist says:

Didn t you watch the show? The show that changed everything. The show
that revealed everything. The show that ended everything. The show
that started everything. The show that was the truth. The show that
was the legend. The show that was the history. The show that was the
future. The show that was Battlestar Galactica.

The screen flashes with the title: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

The scene ends with a shot of the Earth, zooming out to reveal the
stars, and then the logo of Peacock, the streaming service that will
air the new series.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=659099802#659099802

Your Name

Jan 16, 2024, 4:31:26 PMJan 16
On 2024-01-16 12:34:32 +0000, MummyChunk said:

> So, this popped in my inbox from a sci-fi mailing list about
> Battlestar Galactica 2024
>
> This person seems a bit excited. Perhaps a bit too much adderall
> tonight?
>
> ****
>
> Hey, fellow sci-fi lovers! I have some amazing news for you. If you
> are like me, you have been longing for a new Battlestar Galactica
> series. Well, the wait is almost over. A new series is coming to NBC’s
> Peacock streaming service in 2024, and it promises to be a blast!
>
> The new series will be a reboot of the 2004 reimagined series, which
> was one of the best sci-fi shows ever made, in my opinion.

It was utter garbage not even remotely worth watching, and certainly
not "Battlestar Galatica" ... more like an over-serious, over-sexed,
dismal parody of the proper original show.

> But don’t worry, this is not going to be a copy-paste of the same
> story. The new series will take us to a different part of the
> Battlestar Galactica
> universe, with new characters, new conflicts, and new twists.

So it's not a "reboot" (as said above) at all, but simply a spin-off show.

> It will be produced by Sam Esmail, the genius behind Mr. Robot and Homecoming.
> He is a huge fan of the franchise, and he has consulted with Ronald D.
> Moore, the creator of the 2004 series, to make sure that the new
> series will respect the established continuity.
>
> The new series will also share a universe with the upcoming Battlestar
> Galactica movie, which is being developed by Universal Pictures and
> Simon Kinberg. The movie will be a separate story from the series, but
> they will both exist in the same timeline and canon. This means that
> we might see some crossover and connection between the two projects.

And both will be more utter garbage not remotely worth watching.

> Now, you might be wondering, what will the new series be about?
<snip>

Nope. Don't give a damn ... it's utter gabage that simple craps all
over the original show - the show that is the *real* "Battlestar
Galactica". :o(

Daniel65

Jan 17, 2024, 7:38:45 AMJan 17
Your Name wrote on 17/1/24 8:31 am:
> On 2024-01-16 12:34:32 +0000, MummyChunk said:
>
>> So, this popped in my inbox from a sci-fi mailing list about
>> Battlestar Galactica 2024
>>
>> This person seems a bit excited. Perhaps a bit too much adderall
>> tonight?
>>
>> ****
>>
>> Hey, fellow sci-fi lovers! I have some amazing news for you. If
>> you are like me, you have been longing for a new Battlestar
>> Galactica series. Well, the wait is almost over. A new series is
>> coming to NBC’s Peacock streaming service in 2024, and it promises
>> to be a blast!
>>
>> The new series will be a reboot of the 2004 reimagined series,
>> which was one of the best sci-fi shows ever made, in my opinion.
>
> It was utter garbage not even remotely worth watching, and certainly
> not "Battlestar Galatica" ... more like an over-serious, over-sexed,
> dismal parody of the proper original show.

Thank you, thank you, Your Name. When 'MummyChuck' mentioned that this
was a reboot of the 2004 series, I was thinking .... "Hang on. Wasn't
the 2004 series a re-boot of the original 'BSG'?? 1980's series, maybe.

So, O.K., they'll stuff things up still further ..... but, at least
it'll be SF ..... Hopefully some decent SF at that.

--
Daniel