androstenedione

1 view

Pooh Corner

Aug 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/29/97

Maybe Dr. P. can comment?

I wonder if this stuff could accelerate hairloss? If it is indeed
steroid like - it's a bodybuilding supplement designed to raise
testosterone - we all know that anabolic steroids cause hairloss. I
will paste some statements from a faq about the substance; it's
supposedlythe bee's knees for packing on muscle - which is a good thing,
especially if you are getting a little shiny up top.

I took this from http://www.mesomorphosis.com/androsteneFAQ.htm

1. What is androstenedione?
Androstenedione is a steroid hormone found in all animals as well as
some plants. It is a metabolite of DHEA that serves as a
direct precursor in the bio-synthesis of testosterone.

2. What is it supposed to do?
Androstenedione when taken orally will increase blood levels of both
androstenedione and testosterone. Secondary to this
increase, effects are often seen such as increased energy, enhanced
recovery and growth from exercise, heightened sexual
arousal and function, as well as greater sense of well being.

3. How great is this testosterone increase?
According to the German patent for androstenedione, 50 mg. given orally
to men raised plasma testosterone levels from 140%
to 183% above baseline. 100mg. of oral androstenedione raised levels
from 211% to 237% above baseline.

Rob Boyd

Aug 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/29/97

Yes but it only raises T levels for 2-3 hours then you return to B.L.
Great before work outs. If you use your proscar and aldactone you
should be alright. I'm on 400 migs of T and 200 of trenbelone and in the
middle of growing some hair I havent seen 10 years it WORKS!!!!!!!

peace D