Londo's Accent

Jason Witte

Dec 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/14/97

Does anyone know if the accent of Londo Mollari is Peter Jurasik's real
voice, or is it an accent faked for the show?

This article was posted from <A HREF="http://www.slurp.net/">Slurp Net</A>.

Simon Jones

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

In article <01bd08d0$eeb067c0$829adbcd@jason-witte>, "Jason Witte"

<jdw...@msc.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the accent of Londo Mollari is Peter Jurasik's real
> voice, or is it an accent faked for the show?

It is not his real accent - he normally has a whiny LA-type accent (no
offence intended to any LA people round here).

It's rather a well-done accent, in my opinion.

Andreas Katsulas' (G'Kar) and Mira Furlan's (Delenn) accents are both their
own ones, though.

Simon.

--
_____ _ _ _ _ _
|_ _| |_ __ _| |_ (_)___ __ _| | |Simon: sjprod...@argonet.co.uk
| | | ' \/ _` | _| | (_-< / _` | | | Gus: ches...@argonet.co.uk
|_| |_||_\__,_|\__| |_/__/ \__,_|_|_| Simon is known as Smuj on IRC
Check us out at: http://www.argonet.co.uk/business/chestnuts

reece howe

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

Simon Jones <sjprod...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <01bd08d0$eeb067c0$829adbcd@jason-witte>, "Jason Witte"
><jdw...@msc.net> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if the accent of Londo Mollari is Peter Jurasik's real
>> voice, or is it an accent faked for the show?
>
>It is not his real accent - he normally has a whiny LA-type accent (no
>offence intended to any LA people round here).

really? i always thought it was his real one! so how come he's
virtually the only centauri with that kinda accent?

>It's rather a well-done accent, in my opinion.

yeah!

>Andreas Katsulas' (G'Kar) and Mira Furlan's (Delenn) accents are both their
>own ones, though.

i never noticed katsulas had an accent :-|
mira furlan's bosnian or ex-yugoslavian or something isn't she?

jim

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

reece howe wrote:

mira is yugoslavian, that is correct.

SUZZIIWU

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

<jdw...@msc.net> writes:

Does anyone know if the accent of Londo Mollari is Peter
>Jurasik's real
voice, or is it an accent faked for the show?

It's a fake accent

Suzziiwu - a fortune, cookie

Martin Simpson

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

Martin Simpson
m...@cs.strath.ac.uk

Mat Wakefield

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

did you know that Peter Jurasik has to have 6 hours of make-up put on,
which means he's on set up to...4 hours before the rest of the cast, but
about half-way through the process something magical happens and the
transfarmation takes place and he becomes Londo....'beep beep I'm an
alien beep wrrrh'

Mat, little bit *waay* etc....

reece howe

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

ahahah :) , i didn't see what you meant until i read that sig thingy.
*reece falls on the floor with laughter*

Mark Dunne

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:41:47 GMT, Simon Jones <sjprod...@argonet.co.uk>
wrote:

>In article <01bd08d0$eeb067c0$829adbcd@jason-witte>, "Jason Witte"

><jdw...@msc.net> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if the accent of Londo Mollari is Peter Jurasik's real
>> voice, or is it an accent faked for the show?
>

>It is not his real accent - he normally has a whiny LA-type accent (no
>offence intended to any LA people round here).
>

>It's rather a well-done accent, in my opinion.
>

>Andreas Katsulas' (G'Kar) and Mira Furlan's (Delenn) accents are both their
>own ones, though.

As is Acting President Luchenko's :-)

--
'I love you...'
Dying Marcus Cole to Ivanova

Angela MacKellar

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

I'd like to hear some more British accents. If PJ's accent is fake, he could
easily try best Newton Mearns for a change, and Vir would make an excellent
Brummy.

Angela MacKellar
anyt...@anggab.enta.net

Bob MacAdu

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Jason Witte wrote:

> Does anyone know if the accent of Londo Mollari is Peter Jurasik's real
> voice, or is it an accent faked for the show?
>
> This article was posted from <A HREF="http://www.slurp.net/">Slurp Net</A>.

It's an accent used for the show, but borrowed from, if I'm not totally
wrong about this, his mother or grandmother: he mentioned something
about this topic on the Sci-Fi just recently. And *man* does he look
plain without the Londo make-up!

Bob MacAdu

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

reece howe wrote:

> Simon Jones <sjprod...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >In article <01bd08d0$eeb067c0$829adbcd@jason-witte>, "Jason Witte"
> ><jdw...@msc.net> wrote:
> >> Does anyone know if the accent of Londo Mollari is Peter Jurasik's real
> >> voice, or is it an accent faked for the show?
> >
> >It is not his real accent - he normally has a whiny LA-type accent (no
> >offence intended to any LA people round here).
>
> really? i always thought it was his real one! so how come he's
> virtually the only centauri with that kinda accent?

Lord Refa had nearly the same accent. Of course he's dead so it really
doesn't matter. :)

> >It's rather a well-done accent, in my opinion.
>

> yeah!

Except that, with the long delay between season three and four, PJ said
in an interview that it took him about a week or so just to remember how
Londo sounded.

> >Andreas Katsulas' (G'Kar) and Mira Furlan's (Delenn) accents are both their
> >own ones, though.

Mat Wakefield

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

He's definately a brummie at heart, that downtrodden exterior but
inside, well something else probably :)
How about garybaldy as a scouser 'eh, eh, calm down dere eh, eh' etc...
maybe that would have fitted Morden better???

Mat :)

Ross Tierney

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

In article <677nap$8...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>, Bob MacAdu

<6...@purgatory.org> wrote:
> Except that, with the long delay between season three and four, PJ said
> in an interview that it took him about a week or so just to remember how
> Londo sounded.

Wasn't there something on "Lurkers" about Peter finding it dead easy
getting back into character? As I heard it, all he has to do is say the
words: "Mi-sta Gariba-ldi-" and he has it back as if it had never gone
away... :-)

What I think is really first-class about his accent is the way he
slightly (and I'm sure deliberately) slurrs some of his words. He has
perfected a very fluid "G'Kar" in recent times (Since about mid-S3 I
think), and also his conversation with his most esteemed Narn colleague
that time he went to G'Kar's quarters to toast the Earther's. One or two
words in that scene where made more realistic by the fractional slurrs
to some words - it made them more /real/ to me.

Ross.

--
Ross Tierney

kra...@argonet.co.uk "...Breathing in... Breathing out..."
r...@eidos.co.uk -An Old Friend

Simon Jones

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

In article <na.47ba4f47fa...@argonet.co.uk>, Ross Tierney

<kra...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> One or two
> words in that scene where made more realistic by the fractional slurrs
> to some words

He does indeed put a remarkable amount of small nuances into the accent. An
excellent actor if ever I saw one.

I wonder if the Londo accent is a one-off, or whether Jurasik is generally
excellent at different accents?

steve....@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2018, 11:05:40 PM6/27/18
Great accent!