Delta flight to London diverted back to Atlanta twice due to 'abnormal' noise on aircrafts

1 view

Support The NRA

May 4, 2018, 8:00:48 PM5/4/18
Passengers on a Delta Air Lines flight from Atlanta to London
were turned back to their starting point twice after their pilot
heard loud noises on the aircraft.

Delta flight 284, scheduled to depart Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta
International Airport at 7:20 p.m. Tuesday took off for London
at 7:55 p.m. but landed just over an hour later back in Atlanta,
according to live flight tracking site FlightAware.

Customers were placed on another plane, which was also turned
around after its pilot heard a similar “abnormal noise,” Delta
spokesman Michael R. Thomas said in a statement to the Daily
News.

The unlucky passengers boarded two different aircrafts to try to
fly to London.

It was unclear if the pilot was the same on both flights, but
Thomas said that flights are typically recrewed because of duty
time limitations.

Thomas said in both cases, the flight crew “elected to return to
Atlanta out of an abundance of caution.”

The flights landed without incident in Atlanta, where customers
were provided with overnight accommodations.

Passenger Alex Brown told Channel 2 he thought he heard a loud
bang during the second flight, the Atlanta Journal Constitution
reported.

"It was like someone dropping a lead ball on the floor," he
said. "And (a Delta official) came back on and said we're going
to turn around. Everything is OK with the airplane but ... we're
going to turn around."

Delta flight 284 was scheduled to take off for a third time
Wednesday afternoon.

“The safety of Delta’s customers and crew is always our top
priority and we apologize to our customers for the
inconvenience,” Delta said in its statement.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/abnormal-noise-delta-
flight-london-turns-plane-back-article-1.3735391