Re: Passenger sees "wing coming apart" on United flight from San Francisco to Boston; flight forced to land in Denver

Boeings Unsafe Aircraft

Feb 21, 2024, 5:07:39 AMFeb 21
On 01 Apr 2022, pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> posted some
news:t2705i$3dv53$5...@news.freedyn.de:

> Another disaster averted from an aircraft manufactured by DEI woke
> pro-gay-degenerate BOEING. What's it going to take to put an end to
> this unsafe bullshit? Who has to die?

BOSTON - A United Airlines flight from San Francisco to Boston was
diverted to Denver on Monday because of an issue with the plane's wing -
and a worried passenger on board captured the apparent problem on video.

"Just about to land in Denver with the wing coming apart on the plane,"
Kevin Clarke says in a video shared with CBS News. "Can't wait for this
flight to be over."

There were 165 passengers on board the Boeing 757-200, which landed
safely in Denver. Clarke said the wing issue became apparent after
takeoff from San Francisco.

"United flight 354 diverted to Denver yesterday afternoon to address an
issue with the slat on the wing of the aircraft," a spokesperson for
United told WBZ-TV in a statement. "The flight landed safely and we
arranged for another aircraft to take our customers to Boston."

Another passenger shared a photo of the wing on Reddit mid-flight.

"Sitting right on the wing and the noise after reaching altitude was
much louder than normal. I opened the window to see the wing looking
like this," user octopus_hug wrote. "How panicked should I be? Do I need
to tell a flight crew member?

The user said another passenger alerted flight attendants to the
problem.

"I'll be very relieved once we land," they said.

The passengers were put on a different plane and landed in Boston early
Tuesday morning.

Boeing has been under scrutiny since a door panel on a different kind of
aircraft, a 737 Max 9, blew off during an Alaska Airlines flight in
January. Earlier this month, the head of the FAA pledged to use more
people to monitor aircraft manufacturing and hold Boeing accountable for
any safety rule violations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/united-airlines-flight-wing-issue-boston-san
-francisco-denver-diverted/