GOD DAMN TOYOTA'S

Albert Hodge

Aug 22, 2018, 11:19:33 AM8/22/18
These things are built like a god damn Chinese puzzle box.

Every time I think things are starting to go good something else happens.

Is there anyone alive on this group?

I took off this support beam to theoretically be able to remove the oil pan, which I had high hopes of being able to do. Now I find that the bolts at the back are partially covered by a plate on the transmission, with no full access to the bolts.

According to videos I've seen on YouTube, they said I was supposed to be able to get it off. Now after re-watching the video, although they say it can be removed, they didn't have it completely off, just had the front dropped down with the back still attached.

The back bolts are partially covered by the plate on the transmission.

I wanted to take off the oil pan and clean it out good after putting on a new timing chain, and retainers.

This whole engine is put together in such a way that I have to take apart all sorts of things to get at what I need to work on.

YouTube videos show so many different engine configurations that Toyota must change things just so they won't be the same from year to year, and the 1997 Toyota Tacoma looks like they made sure it was extra convoluted. They couldn't make it where you can easily access everything. Its like they throw a carrot to a starving man. You think you've finally got it, but in reality your blocked again.

If I had some special end wrenches that are bent just right, I still don't think it could be removed on the back end.

This Toyota has given me years of good service, but before I buy another new car, I'll have it up on a rack and see how everything goes together before I decide.

Shinnokxz

Aug 22, 2018, 10:31:02 PM8/22/18
there are people still around that might be able to help, but there are also more modern web forums out there, ESPECIALLY for Tacomas, that have a lot more activity and you might have an easier time fielding suggestions from.

SnoBrdr

Aug 23, 2018, 7:38:40 AM8/23/18

towbar

Jun 20, 2020, 8:55:59 PM6/20/20
Yeh, manufacturers would like nothing more than for usenet to vanish
altogether and for all discussion to become boxed-in on one web-hosted
forum or another. Then all you need is one good ad a month to get
market-incorrect comments blocked. Toyota sucks, in fact so do most
others too. Anyone interested in a new group: alt.pickup-trucks? Ask
your ISP to create one, it takes one minute, I can't cause I don't get
my internet via an ISP (community co-op with wholesale supplier who
does't talk to end users).

I'm looking to trade my 2008 Tundra for something new a couple of years
down the road but to be frank, with all the electronic and digital crap
on them, I cannot find ANY worth my time to even look at.

Shinnokxz

Jan 29, 2021, 1:47:15 AM1/29/21
On Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 6:55:59 PM UTC-6, towbar wrote:

> Yeh, manufacturers would like nothing more than for usenet to vanish
> altogether and for all discussion to become boxed-in on one web-hosted
> forum or another. Then all you need is one good ad a month to get
> market-incorrect comments blocked. Toyota sucks, in fact so do most
> others too. Anyone interested in a new group: alt.pickup-trucks? Ask
> your ISP to create one, it takes one minute, I can't cause I don't get
> my internet via an ISP (community co-op with wholesale supplier who
> does't talk to end users).
>
> I'm looking to trade my 2008 Tundra for something new a couple of years
> down the road but to be frank, with all the electronic and digital crap
> on them, I cannot find ANY worth my time to even look at.

If there's any sort of platform that gets monitored the worst it will always
be USEnet, considering its been one that has been used for child porn, piracy, sex
exploitation rings, drug rings, and all sorts of very illegal things. There's a reason
why 40% of its current posts are made up of crossposting spam. Don't let that
tinfoil hat restrict too much blood flow my dude

towbar

Sep 15, 2021, 10:09:22 PM9/15/21
You can tinfoil and dude yourself. Usenet is dying partly
because google, and not only google, are paying trolls
to destroy it. It's the last place this side of the dark web
where freedom of expression still exists. I was posting
on compuserve when there was no usenet yet and you
were still desparately looking for a hole in your old man's
condom.

Sure, everyone is free not to browse usenet, but on the
user side more users would make spamming trolling
difficult and ineffective. You may have noticed that
it's when a newgroup falls below a dozen or so regulars
that they begin to easily flood with little effort.

Shinnokxz

Dec 20, 2021, 12:45:21 AM12/20/21
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 8:09:22 PM UTC-6, towbar wrote:

> You can tinfoil and dude yourself. Usenet is dying partly
> because google, and not only google, are paying trolls
> to destroy it. It's the last place this side of the dark web
> where freedom of expression still exists. I was posting
> on compuserve when there was no usenet yet and you
> were still desparately looking for a hole in your old man's
> condom.
>
> Sure, everyone is free not to browse usenet, but on the
> user side more users would make spamming trolling
> difficult and ineffective. You may have noticed that
> it's when a newgroup falls below a dozen or so regulars
> that they begin to easily flood with little effort.

USEnet has been dead for some-for two decades and was
alive long before compuserv came along and moduled into
it. The fact you mention it as the 'dark web' is suspicious
as if you are familiar with other darker uses of the Internet.

The fact that you suspect a major vehicle manufacturer
inspecting a platform like this is pretty hilarious.
Enthusiast clubs are found on the aforementioned forums
and shit like Facebook groups, which I'd imagine 90% of
their buyers have the patience and the tech
know-how enough to be apart of a group on Facebook on
their cell phone and that's about it.