2008 Tundra chrome trim

Just Passing Through

May 19, 2016, 8:15:07 AM5/19/16

I just bought this truck and noticed that the rear bumper is chrome but
the front one is body colour (white).

Have I got an accidented/repaired vehicle or was such a mix a possible
option? It's an SR5 with TRD. The original owner was a corporate fleet
but I bought from the 2nd owner after that.

Just Passing Through

May 23, 2016, 9:59:24 AM5/23/16
Looking around on the net i've found many that have a mix of body-colour
or chrome front or rear ...seems weird, for someone who still remembers
the '59 chevvy, etc.

4Wheely

May 11, 2017, 8:18:03 AM5/11/17
replying to Just Passing Through, 4Wheely wrote:
Both can be possible. Have you asked the owner what happened to the bumper? He
may have replaced one of it and didn't mind the color.

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/toyota_trucks/2008-tundra-chrome-trim-30957-.htm

Skipfromla

May 11, 2017, 12:45:17 PM5/11/17

On Thu, 11 May 2017 12:18:01 GMT, 4Wheely
<065b0505594b06f549...@example.com> wrote:

>replying to Just Passing Through, 4Wheely wrote:
>Both can be possible. Have you asked the owner what happened to the bumper? He
>may have replaced one of it and didn't mind the color.

Either way is possible. I bought a new 2000 Tundra SR5 4WD and the
front and rear bumpers are chrome. The guy next door bought a new
2007 one with white front bumper and chrome rear.

Here's how I see it:

1. Contact Toyota and ask them if it's possible.

2. If you are concerned it might have been damaged or maybe was in a
collision, a flood or is a salvage vehicle, run a CARFAX on it. I
wouldn't buy a used vehicle without one.

3. If all is well with the truck and it really bothers you, replace
the bumper you like the least. If you can do it yourself, it's not
that expensive.