PACKARD V12 - Packard Club

gp...@webtv.net

Jul 31, 2002, 1:23:12 PM7/31/02

Lord, the new Packard Cormorant arrived and has the same
article.....except even longer with more vaporpics. No disclaimer from
the Packard club either - so it appears that the author duped both
editors.

I have to admit that the articles were well done - and his conceptions
of the front-end styling better than anything PMCC ever came up with
(with, of course, the advantage of 45 years of styling examples to draw
upon).

It's not the end of the world: I think the feeling of "outrage" I and
others feel is probably from having our own private pipedreams trod
upon!

And I still think it's a shame that the articles weren't labeled as
creative fantasy.........hate to see both member pubs lose their
credibility.......maybe the author assumed that they were so
over-the-top that nobuddy would believe them...BUT I assume there was
correspondence between the editors and author when accepted for
publication and McKeehan (or Big Jiim or whoever he is) led them down
the trail.

I wonder how much the mags paid for the articles?

jc

John Poulos

Jul 31, 2002, 2:07:51 PM7/31/02
Idon't know, but at the vey least, they should try and get their clubs
money back IMHO. That is of course if we are correct and the editors were
mislead, can't wait to here the ending on this one. If you think we're
going nuts, wait for the Packard guys <g>

gp...@webtv.net wrote:

> Lord, the new Packard Cormorant arrived and has the same
> article.....except even longer with more vaporpics.

Snip-Snip

--
JP
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com

Rkstude

Jul 31, 2002, 6:40:09 PM7/31/02
Ditto. Just got my Comorant and reading the article. Enjoyed it. In fact, it
focuses on paying tribure to Egbert.

Ron