Woodworth Carburetor?

zoo...@cox.net

Oct 28, 2006, 3:56:22 PM10/28/06
All I can Google is 3 patent numbers - no real info.
Anyone know about Woodworth Carburetors?

Mike

Oct 28, 2006, 6:56:02 PM10/28/06
Have you used the #'s to view the patents themselves at the US patent
Office site. There's some info on how to do it at: http://www.vs57.com/ ;
or you can visit US Patent Office, and "wing it".
Mike M.

zoo...@cox.net

Oct 28, 2006, 7:09:57 PM10/28/06
Tried that and all I got was the very long patent explanation - no idea
what they were used for, etc. Guess I'm more interested in their
history than the actual mechanics of them. Thanks for the idea - can
anyone further this exploration?

iburnh2o

Nov 2, 2006, 12:28:19 PM11/2/06
> Anonymouswrote:

All I can Google is 3 patent numbers - no real info.
> Anyone know about Woodworth Carburetors?

I had one years ago that was used and in fair to poor shape. Sold it
to a friend that rebuilt it, bought another and ran them for a while.
They were Vaccum Controlled Constant Velocity carburetors. One large
oblong bore, like the old holley three barrel secondaries. The bottom
plate opened for throttle and another was indexed to the vacuum
between the two plates to maintain a constant vacuum. At one time I
had spoken with a man named Dustin (Dusty) Dodge that had worked with
the company. They came out during one of the early gas crisis' and
were supposed to give a noticeable increase in mileage. From what
Dusty told me that had difficulty getting them to pass emissions, but
it was my understanding they did get that figured out. Dusty also told
me that at the same time a Fish carb was being tested and passed
emissions with ease. Fish carbs are still being made as well, with
many changes and improvements over older units made first by Fish,
then Reece Fish, and later Mike Brown.

I'm curious if you're looking at running one of these? I'm guessing
you must have one? I'd certainly be interested in getting one again
if it ever goes up for sale.

thanks

monte kerr

May 4, 2016, 3:18:01 PM5/4/16
replying to zoombot, monte kerr wrote:
They were a carb designed to run on any size engine by varying the fuel and
air dependent on load.. I have 2 of them.. both are the same variable cfm but
mounting is different.. one is a Holley 4brl type flange.. the other a 2brl. I
was told Loyd Ruby was involved with the design.. I have no idea if that is
accurate.. They were marketed towards RV's and large trucks though..

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/studebaker/woodworth-carburetor-8937-.htm

aldenkidd

Nov 1, 2017, 5:18:02 PM11/1/17
replying to zoombot, aldenkidd wrote:
I am not certain how old this thread is, but as of Nov. 1, 2017, I have two of
the Woodworth VCC Carburetors and an old brochure with drawings showing how it
works. There is also some sales information from 1975 that mentioned the
inventor, Albert H. Woodworth, and Albert M. Hyatt, the casting company. Art
Sylvia, Vice President, from San Jose was trying to market it.

Art Sylvia stored a couple of complete carburetors, brochures and advertising
info in my families barn in Santa Cruz, CA. He never came back. I think the
rent is up to about $10,000. Just kidding.

If this gets to anyone interested in purchasing what I have, please make an
offer.

Dan Kidd
(831) 277-6029

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/studebaker/woodworth-carburetor-8937-.htm

Laura85

Mar 14, 2022, 2:45:04 PM3/14/22
Do you still have these???

--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/studebaker/woodworth-carburetor-8937-.htm

Bobbi J Hollars

Dec 25, 2022, 9:15:33 PM12/25/22
Hey there..Merry Christmas..I was wondering if you might still have the Woodworth Carbs and Brochure. Albert Woodworth was my grandfather. He's been deceased for many yrs now. Something pulled me this evening to play with Google and here I am. I would be quite interested in helping to unload that lot...not for any financial gain..purely sentiment. May you and your family have a beautiful Holiday. Sending love light and peace ✌️

Ken McCormack

Jun 2, 2023, 11:15:05 AM6/2/23
I have one. New. It came from an auction in Carlsbad California many years ago. Just found it in a storage container I am clearing out. (619) 997-0176

Bobbi Hollars

Jun 9, 2023, 4:15:04 PM6/9/23
I sent you text. I'm so excited you replied. Hoping to hear from you soon.