Lee Sheppard accident.............

STRLINMOSS

Jan 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/25/98

If I have the story right, Sheppard was doing tire tests for goodyear. He
was doing 60foots. on the last pass Sheppard stayed in it past the finish line
not straped in, hit the chute and a strong gust of wind blew the car sideways
putting the car up on the guard rail,tossing sheppard out through the windshild
and on to the track killing him. that was the story I was told. anyone know any
different?

Ron
Los angeles,Ca.
Racing is life,everything else is just waiting...........Steve McQueen the
movie LeMans.

JDMMFR

Jan 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/25/98
Thats how I heard it also, hard to believe he wouldn't be wearing his belts
but I guess you can get to relaxed sometimes. Remember the burnout photo of the
Chi Town with Minick driving ? He had no helmet, gloves, just sunglasses. Hey,
what can go wrong on a burnout ?

Back in the late 70's, Ivo and the Snake were up here for a Funnycar match
race. On his burnout Ivo's helmet fell out from underneath the car. Best I can
figure is he had not strapped it on. Anyways while he's backin up the crewman
waves it at him and he just shakes the guy off. On the run the car shook the
tires about 100ft out and crossed lanes so he shut it off. Remember when the
NHRA suspended R.C. Sherman(I think) because after a crash his helmet was found
to be out of date ? Just imagine the fit they would have had if they found out
about Ivo !

James

Comet1966

Jan 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/25/98

Back in the mid 60s before fire suits, there was a AA/FD driver in Colorado who
always drove without a jacket or a shirt. This was a front engine car that was
always in the running for Top Eliminator.
He did wear his helmet, cuz it had his name on it.

"Pete" Garramone
come...@aol.com

ST Racin5

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

This stuff still goes on, even today.. At the St.Louis National Muscle Car
Association opener, Pro Street World Champion Tony Christain made a solo pass
right after the final round. He was wearing a very nice sweatshirt... He did
have on his helmet, neck brace, and gloves...

I guess when Ego vs. common sense goes to battle, the EGO will win most of the
time....

ST 5

Oh, this isnt rumor.. it is fact.. I have a picture of it...

alvinj...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2016, 1:25:15 PM12/29/16
photo?