Davis &Ingram

rpra...@execulink.com

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

Byron,Joel and gang;
Just wanted to let you know,in the north , we can't get
enough of those gassers and altereds.Where is the Davis & Ingram
BB/A Fiat now.Did they go to another car after this one?
Perhaps an altered Mustang? Was this car used to build another
race car?
I have a friend restoring an old Fiat altered built in the early
60's.It was called the Lemon Tree.Steel body on a 34 Ford frame
and ran a flathead motor.He says the car ran out of New York
state (Niagara Dragway).Probably a local runner.Does anyone
recall this car?
And speaking of Fiats,does anyone recall the Karbelt Speed
and Custom C/A from Toronto Can.(eh?)Raced around 68-70.
SBC and super clean.
Just a note;Springnationals '68 Ditmars little Opel was best
appearing car and crew.Lost to Montgomery in round 2 of
eliminations.
Rick

--

Posted using Reference.COM http://www.reference.com

Sift, Inc. accepts no responsibility for the content of this posting.

RACECARART

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

>.Where is the Davis & Ingram
>BB/A Fiat now.Did they go to another car after this one?
>Perhaps an altered Mustang? Was this car used to build another
>race car?
> Rick

Rick, Gang,

The Davis & Ingram Fiat, with it's deep purple color and B&M trans was
converted into a "Funny" type car by swapping the Fiat body for a bright Yellow
Mustang body, that in my opinion looked like it didn't fit right on the altered
chassis.

One of the sons of either Davis or Ingram was on the NG quite awhile ago
looking fo pics of the D&I Fiat. I had a few magazine articles but not a
scanner at the time so I couldn't send him any DL's. I've lost his email now.

I found a couple of poor pictures of a few Fiats, I'll send them to you, I
can't post here. They're shots from the '96Niagara dragstrip Reunion program.
The program might still be available from Dean Johnson...716-433-9001.

Regards,

Joel
RACEC...@aol.com

Les Welch

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

rpra...@execulink.com wrote:

> Byron,Joel and gang;
>
> Just wanted to let you know,in the north , we can't get
>

> enough of those gassers and altereds.Where is the Davis & Ingram

> BB/A Fiat now.Did they go to another car after this one?
>
> Perhaps an altered Mustang? Was this car used to build another
>
> race car?

Joe Davis can be reached at dav...@pobox.com ...and the car after Jewel T
was a Mustang funny named Colt45....white peral with blue lettering if I
remember correctly.

See ya
Les

Byron Stack

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98
Hi gang,
Davis and Ingram were always one of my favorites. bob...@gate.net was kind
enough to send me a couple of photos of their beautiful purple topolino BB/A.
They're on the Altereds page on my Gasser Madness! site.
Byron
gas...@awwwsome.com
Gasser Madness! is at:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4740

rpra...@execulink.com wrote:

> Byron,Joel and gang;
>
> Just wanted to let you know,in the north , we can't get
>
> enough of those gassers and altereds.Where is the Davis & Ingram
>
> BB/A Fiat now.Did they go to another car after this one?
>
> Perhaps an altered Mustang? Was this car used to build another
>
> race car?
>

> I have a friend restoring an old Fiat altered built in the early
>
> 60's.It was called the Lemon Tree.Steel body on a 34 Ford frame
>
> and ran a flathead motor.He says the car ran out of New York
>
> state (Niagara Dragway).Probably a local runner.Does anyone
>
> recall this car?
>
> And speaking of Fiats,does anyone recall the Karbelt Speed
>
> and Custom C/A from Toronto Can.(eh?)Raced around 68-70.
>
> SBC and super clean.
>
> Just a note;Springnationals '68 Ditmars little Opel was best
>
> appearing car and crew.Lost to Montgomery in round 2 of
>
> eliminations.
>
> Rick
>
> --
>
> Posted using Reference.COM http://www.reference.com
>
> Sift, Inc. accepts no responsibility for the content of this posting.

--
Byron
gas...@awwwsome.com
Gasser Madness! is at:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4740

vcard.vcf

RACECARART

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

>Colt45....white peral with blue lettering if I
>remember correctly.
>
>See ya
> Les

Les, Gang,

Yep, I stand corrected, the Mustang was pearl white, somebody had a yellow one
though I think.

Joel
RACEC...@aol.com

Dennis Friend

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Joel,Les,and Gang,
I'm thinking that Ron Peligrini(sp) of Fiber- glass Ltd from Chicago
tried the same, maybe using the old Dennison Arlasky Knox AA/FA car,
looked more out of whack than the Davis Ingram car. I think the yellow
car made the cover of the old original Drag Racing magazine. Also
picturing something called the Phony Pony done something like Garlits
Dart maybe with two injected Ford motors? Will retire to the research
room and report back. Joel, how goes it with the book?
Dennis

Byron Stack

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
Wasn't the yellow one (or was it orange?) the "Psycho" Mustang? Darned if I can
remember who ran it, though.
Byron

RACECARART wrote:

--

vcard.vcf

bob...@gate.net

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Dennis,
I think The yellow mustang you are refering to was the Snodgrass &
Mahnken, "Psycho", that was 427 Ford wedge powered. You can see a couple
pics of it at the url below.
Bob
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/4270/

RACECARART

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

>Wasn't the yellow one (or was it orange?) the "Psycho" Mustang?

Gang,

Yes the yellow one was the "Psycho" car, saw a shot of it in a magazine today
but no info on it. Those things were a little weird for my tastes so I never
studied up on 'em. Excuses excuses!

Pellegrini started out with a Ford deal and a legit(but I think the engine was
set back a bit too much) A/FX Mustang that ran in the high tens so says Car
Life. Trouble is is that my buddy Jim Amos of Bee On Video has footage/story
of Pellegrini gettin' dumped, and taught a rosin lesson by a hot, big motor
Z-11 from the South at the old Pocono strip. And the Z-11 wasn't into the tens
I'm sure, in '64!

Pellegrini's Mustang ended up the weirdest lookin' thing with a blown Chrysler
in it(from his fuel digger days I guess) It looked like a shortened circus
clown car to me.

Joel
RACEC...@aol.com

capt...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2014, 2:14:33 PM12/26/14
I received a phone call from a fellow that has the original steel body from the Davis & Ingram Altered. His intention was to build a re-po chassis and restore it but other needs are keeping him from doing this. If anyone out there is interested in this body let me know. He wants to find someone that is only interested in retaining the history of this car, not for any other project. e-mail me at: capt...@gmail.com
Hairy Burkholder