New Saabs on the drawing board?

arca...@mindspring.com

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

I read a little tidbit of info regarding the possibility of Saab
developing new models utilising other GM platforms. Amongst these was
the "Gamma" project which would yield a tentatively titled "9-2" as a
small car/entry-level Saab.

I for one would look forward to a less expensive, small Saab. I would
hope that the designers also have an eye for nostalgia and give the
9-2 a familiar tear-drop shape. The hype of Saab nostalgia doesn't
compare to VW nostalgia, but filling the niche that the 93's and 96's
did couldn't be bad.

Is there any more news about the new model development?