new saab

1 view

Yves Siweck

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
hi,

i heard that saab will launch in 1999/2000 a spider/coupé model on the
opel/vauxhall astra basis. anybody knows more details about it?

cheers,

otwin

--

Take a look at Otwin's Jean Alesi Page:
http://jeanalesi.home.ml.org

Justin VanAbrahams

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
Yves Siweck wrote:

> hi,
>
> i heard that saab will launch in 1999/2000 a spider/coupé model on the
> opel/vauxhall astra basis. anybody knows more details about it?
>
> cheers,
>
> otwin

It's still in the rumor phase... no firm plans yet that
I've heard...

-Justin

nj...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/19/98
In article <36530AF8...@gmx.net>,

ysi...@gmx.net wrote:
> hi,
>
> i heard that saab will launch in 1999/2000 a spider/coupé model on the
> opel/vauxhall astra basis. anybody knows more details about it?
>
> cheers,
>
> otwin

SAAB have had a smaller car in the pipe line called the 9-2. The car looked
like a production ready model not a mock up so it may well be built. I saw
the pictures in an article in Auto Express several months ago, and there has
been nothing since. The car is supposed to be a rival to the 3 series compact
and Audi A3. To me it looked like the Alfa 145 or 146 (The hatchback one)
from the back and a 9-3 from the front. The article also mentioned that SAAB
were investigating building a big executive car for the american market
dubbed the 9-7. Given SAAB's resources it is likely to be an either or
situation as to which gets built. NJH.

Scott Nelsen

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
Wonder when saab is going to jump on the "SUV" bandwagon... if ever....