Celebrities in the Saab Club?

Hitman of Las Vegas

Oct 27, 2002, 11:29:07 PM10/27/02
I was just killing some time, waiting for Sopranos, and I saw the last
hour of the JFK, Jr. episode of True Hollywood Story or something.

Anyway, though I was only 1/2 paying attention, I saw him and his
bride speed away several times in what looked to be a dark green Saab
9-3, 2 door hatchback.

I thought WOW! JRK, Jr. was in the club!!! Got me thinking, what
other high profile or celebrity drivers are in the Saab owners/lovers
club.

The only guy I could think of was Jerry Seinfeld, who drove a Saab on
his TV series and who I had read drives one in 'real life' also.

So any info on some high-profile Saab drivers?

tCowjww

Oct 28, 2002, 6:21:44 AM10/28/02
"Hitman of Las Vegas" <hitm...@goldust.com> wrote in message

> So any info on some high-profile Saab drivers?

I think Ulrika Jonsson drive Saabs, and you can't get much
more high profile than her at the moment :-)

tCowjww
(1996 900S 2.3i)

dave...@spamcop.net

Oct 28, 2002, 9:58:29 AM10/28/02
Someone who looks an awful lot like Hitman of Las Vegas <hitm...@goldust.com> wrote:
> I was just killing some time, waiting for Sopranos, and I saw the last
> hour of the JFK, Jr. episode of True Hollywood Story or something.

> Anyway, though I was only 1/2 paying attention, I saw him and his
> bride speed away several times in what looked to be a dark green Saab
> 9-3, 2 door hatchback.

That's OK, I still like my Saabs.

meme meme

Oct 28, 2002, 11:26:11 AM10/28/02

"tCowjww" <tCo...@trousers.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
I sorry to ask the question, but, who is she

> tCowjww
> (1996 900S 2.3i)

MH

Oct 28, 2002, 1:55:17 PM10/28/02
> I thought WOW! JRK, Jr. was in the club!!!

Who is JRK jr ?

> The only guy I could think of was Jerry Seinfeld, who drove a Saab on
> his TV series and who I had read drives one in 'real life' also

related topic; see http://members.home.nl/mhilvers/movies.htm

MH
'72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96
http://go.to/saab96

Robert Brown

Oct 28, 2002, 1:07:39 PM10/28/02
meme meme wrote:

OK, you're forgiven because you're from Down Under ;-)

Ms. Jonsson is a high-profile figure in British media. Her
English accent is so good that she has to remind people
- and maybe herself - that she's Swedish, by driving a
Saab . . . she's figured in the news recently for, amongst
other things, having had an affair with
Sven-Göran Eriksson, a Swede who is the coach of the
English national football team (soccer for the
transatlanteans out there).

What _he_ drives, I don't know.

Others with Saabs?
Bill Gates?
Linus Torvalds?
Al Pacino in "Scent of a Woman"?

/Robert, Gothenburg

Keith Monteith

Oct 28, 2002, 2:59:38 PM10/28/02
Jack Nicholson, in "As Good As It Gets", drives a 9-3 convertible...

On 10/28/02 12:55 PM, in article NNfv9.128595$gD2.11...@zwoll1.home.nl,

Paul Halliday

Oct 28, 2002, 3:15:58 PM10/28/02
in article B9E2F368.9315%kmon...@cox.net, Keith Monteith at

kmon...@cox.net wrote on 28/10/2002 19:59:

> Jack Nicholson, in "As Good As It Gets", drives a 9-3 convertible...

The Human League had a Saab 99 Turbo in the "Don't You Want Me Baby?" video
... but then we're getting into the 'Saabs on Film' thread, rather than Saab
driving celebs.

Yes, Ulrika has two Saabs - a 9-3 and a 9-5 estate.

Jack Straw (yes, that's his real name ... the UK Minister for ?whatever?) is
chauffeured in a 9-5 saloon. When he was the Minister for Transport, his car
was pulled over by the Police for speeding because he was late for a
meeting. Only in a Saab, eh?

On that note, sometime last year, a poll was cast by one of the so-called
"Fast Car" magazines in the UK about people's speeding habits. It was found
that the top car for speeding was a Saab 9-3 ... or rather, people who admit
to speeding more readily drive the Saab 9-3.

Keep on speeding, erm ... Saabing ...

Paul

1985 900i 16V
1989 900 Turbo S
http://pjgh.go.dyndns.org/saab/index.html

MH

Oct 28, 2002, 3:55:10 PM10/28/02
> Jack Nicholson, in "As Good As It Gets", drives a 9-3 convertible...

I am pretty sure it is a 900 SE c (different wheels on a 9-3) and in some shots where the boot cover was visible I thought I saw 900...

> > Who is JRK jr ?

well ?

John Roi

Oct 28, 2002, 8:28:13 PM10/28/02
I remember that someone on the old TV series "Dallas" drove a 900
convertible, also, James Bond drove a Saab in a couple of the post Flemming
Bond novels & I read that Kurt Vonnegut used to be a Saab salesman back in
the 70s.

MSu1049321

Oct 28, 2002, 8:44:22 PM10/28/02
Albet Brooks drives one in one of his movies.

Steven Santinelli

Oct 29, 2002, 5:54:38 AM10/29/02
> What _he_ drives, I don't know.
>
> Others with Saabs?
> Bill Gates?
> Linus Torvalds?
> Al Pacino in "Scent of a Woman"?

Bill Gates DRIVES???? I doubt THAT one. :^) Unless of course, the car is
protected by special Pie-proof glass... :)

--
---
Steven Santinelli

"Robert Brown" <r...@vvvtripnetvvv.se> wrote in message

---

Mack

Oct 29, 2002, 7:27:12 AM10/29/02
Dharma & Greg !?!

Rolled their Saab900 ng in one of hteir episode.

Both lived,

Thanx SAAB

Andrew Stephenson

Oct 29, 2002, 9:46:26 AM10/29/02
In article <ONtv9.48257$CJ5.9...@news3.news.adelphia.net>
santi...@smscomp.com "Steven Santinelli" writes:

> Bill Gates DRIVES???? I doubt THAT one. :^) Unless of course,
> the car is protected by special Pie-proof glass... :)

Seemingly he does, or used to. I read that, in his younger days,
he was something of a reckless driver -- which fits with how he
conducts his corporate life, come to think about it.
--
Andrew Stephenson

MH

Oct 29, 2002, 1:08:30 PM10/29/02
> Dharma & Greg !?!
> Rolled their Saab900 ng in one of hteir episode.
> Both lived,

So did the buck they were avoiding.

In one D&G episode (the chicken contest) they mention the last Seinfeld show.
That closes the Saab circle.

sm-e36

Nov 9, 2002, 4:38:17 PM11/9/02
Well, maybe not a celebrity... but I was in Aspen, Colorado last year and I
noticed that the Aspen Police Dept use Saabs for their Police Cars. I
believe their were 9-5's .. I suppose also seen on the movie "Dumb and
Dummer".

MH

Nov 10, 2002, 4:43:30 AM11/10/02
> Well, maybe not a celebrity... but I was in Aspen, Colorado last year and I
> noticed that the Aspen Police Dept use Saabs for their Police Cars.

Also the Vail police uses 9-5
see http://members.tripod.com/mhilvers/keystone/police.jpg
or http://members.tripod.com/mhilvers/keystone/key.htm