2002 Galant heat not working

rmoss

Oct 7, 2005, 9:00:48 AM10/7/05
The heat on my 2002 Galant has stopped working just in time for winter. For
some time it had been erratic and would only work if the temperature knob
was turned all the way to cold before you started the car, and then turned
to heat afterwards. When the heat did start working, it was accompanied by
a sound like a fan blade with something stuck in it. I have checked the
fuse and dismantled half the dashboard checking for loose or shorted
wiring and found nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try
next?

Stewart DIBBS

Oct 8, 2005, 8:01:56 AM10/8/05
"rmoss" <robert...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> When the heat did start working, it was accompanied by
> a sound like a fan blade with something stuck in it.

Have you checked the heater fan?

Stewart DIBBS
www.pixcl.com/lancerproject.htm

bjames

Oct 11, 2005, 10:26:37 AM10/11/05
My 2003 Galant has exactly the same problem. What have you found out so
far?

Joe D

Oct 11, 2005, 8:17:18 PM10/11/05
Sounds like the heater water valve control motor. This shuts off the water
flow to the heater core when the a/c is used. Its probably sticking or stuck
closed. Makes a ticking noise behind the dash when stuck. Follow the coolant
hoses to the heater core and it will be in-line.

Joe D