Wanted 1985 Innocenti Turbo

Brad Hoffort

Nov 3, 2002, 12:02:10 PM11/3/02
Like the subject says, had one before, need one again...
Car must be in Canada.

Barspeed

Nov 3, 2002, 1:42:18 PM11/3/02
Not wanting to doubt your word, but its a fact that Innocenti didnt make a
1985 Mini Turbo, certainly not a turbo anyway, what you may of had was a
1985 Euromini that was fitted with an MG Metro 1275 Turbo engine.

jono

--
Barspeed Mini`s
Persistence Through Adversity

Some people in my family think that my obsession about mini`s
is harmful to my mental health, but chess boards sit on my
bread control because of the stamps and spicy dips that
do my warty mouse over the traffic wardens!

Hairy fruit videos?
"Brad Hoffort" <bj.ho...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Nicholas Bales (Maison)

Nov 3, 2002, 1:47:43 PM11/3/02

"Brad Hoffort" <bj.ho...@sk.sympatico.ca> a écrit dans le message de news:
usal2d8...@corp.supernews.com...

> Like the subject says, had one before, need one again...
> Car must be in Canada.

Were those ever imported into Canada ?

These cars have a Daihatsu 3 cylinder engine, not an A-Series.

Barspeed

Nicholas Bales (Maison)

Nov 3, 2002, 1:53:17 PM11/3/02

"Barspeed" <NOSPAMb...@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
aq3qm9$sd8$1...@knossos.btinternet.com...

> Not wanting to doubt your word, but its a fact that Innocenti didnt make a
> 1985 Mini Turbo, certainly not a turbo anyway, what you may of had was a
> 1985 Euromini that was fitted with an MG Metro 1275 Turbo engine.

Oh yes they did!

It was the Bertone-designed successor to the Mini. First fitted with
A-Series engines and Mini subframes (Innocenti 90 and 120), including a
DeTomaso version (based on a high-spec Cooper engine), then they switched to
a Diahatsu 3-cylinder engine, including the DeTomaso Turbo version.

Nicholas Bales (Maison)

Nov 3, 2002, 2:04:10 PM11/3/02

"Barspeed" <NOSPAMb...@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
aq3rbf$1q9$1...@helle.btinternet.com...

> Theres me thinking this was a NG for Mini`s, not De Tomaso made
Daihatsu`s!
> :-)

The Innocenti shares a lot of the Mini Heritage. The french Haynes manual
covers both cars. The Innocenti 90 and 120 were much better successors to
the Mini than the Metro was. It always occured to me that Austin-Rover
should have follwed that path rather than building the Metro.

They were originally built around the Mini architecture, with a
Bertone-designed body, a hatchback. They were basically the same size, with
of course the Mini subframes, suspension and engine. I'm not sure if the
Italian electrics are better or worse than Lucas, but well...

BH

Nov 3, 2002, 3:40:44 PM11/3/02
To clarify,
I am looking for the 3cylinder 998cc Daihatsu turbocharged engine.
They were built from 1982-85.
I believe they were NOT imported into the USA, but Canada.

BH

BH

Nov 11, 2002, 3:16:29 PM11/11/02
Brad Hoffort wrote:

> Like the subject says, had one before, need one again...
> Car must be in Canada.

Follow these links for a view of the beast that was...
http://brad.hoffort.com/Innocenti/innocenti_1.jpg
http://brad.hoffort.com/Innocenti/innocenti_2.jpg

D Ash

Nov 11, 2002, 4:16:14 PM11/11/02
On 11/11/02 2:16 PM, in article ut03918...@corp.supernews.com, "BH"
<bj.ho...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:

That's not a mini!

Graham

Nov 11, 2002, 11:05:53 PM11/11/02
> Brad Hoffort wrote:
> > Follow these links for a view of the beast that was...
> > http://brad.hoffort.com/Innocenti/innocenti_1.jpg
> > http://brad.hoffort.com/Innocenti/innocenti_2.jpg

Good god, what's that object in the background??? The thing with the
70's mock wood panels down the sides!

D Ash wrote:
> That's not a mini!

Looks more like a Mini than a Moke does.....

Nicholas Bales (Maison)

Nov 12, 2002, 2:04:57 AM11/12/02

> > Follow these links for a view of the beast that was...
> > http://brad.hoffort.com/Innocenti/innocenti_1.jpg
> > http://brad.hoffort.com/Innocenti/innocenti_2.jpg
>
> That's not a mini!

That's because you've never looked under the bonnet of one!

N.

Kevin Hall

Dec 2, 2002, 5:12:52 PM12/2/02
Didn't Inno. make a turbo job in later years using the 3-cyl Daihatsu motor?

KH
Barspeed <NOSPAMb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Gunnar Sømåen

Dec 2, 2002, 6:59:13 PM12/2/02
"Kevin Hall" <timberli...@webhart.net> wrote in message

| Didn't Inno. make a turbo job in later years using the 3-cyl Daihatsu
motor?

Yup. The DeThomaso:
http://www.inno-mini-world.com/Innocenti/DeTomaso/index.htm

Daihatsu transverse, 3-cylinder in line, 993cc, 9.1 compression ratio, 72
bhp@6200rpm, 95 Nm of torque @ 4400 rpm, cast iron block, light alloy head,
Turbo IHI RHB5, over head cam.
Gearbox: 5 speed all synchro

--

Regards,

Gunnar Somaen
http://spooz.cjb.net <--- 1999 Mini 40 LE Zeemax project

patric...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2017, 11:08:37 PM3/10/17
On Sunday, November 3, 2002 at 12:02:10 PM UTC-5, Brad Hoffort wrote:
> Like the subject says, had one before, need one again...
> Car must be in Canada.

I have 3 complete cars