Yamaha KT100 power/speed.

Brian Su

Oct 24, 2002, 5:22:49 AM10/24/02
Hi I race with a Yamaha KT100 2 stroke mounted on a CRG chasis. The
kart is really fast but I have never estimated or measured the speed
before. Does anyone know what could be the top speed which I am
driving at? Hehehe.. it's not a shifting kart.

Anyone know any websites with pictures of shifting karts and it's
gearboxes/gear stick?

Thanks.

Dave Casey

Oct 24, 2002, 12:38:37 PM10/24/02
> Hi I race with a Yamaha KT100 2 stroke mounted on a CRG chasis. The
> kart is really fast but I have never estimated or measured the speed
> before. Does anyone know what could be the top speed which I am
> driving at? Hehehe.. it's not a shifting kart.

If you are running an unrestricted pipe and your track has the room, you
could reach upwards of 90 mph. Of course, that also depends on the weight
of the driver. My kids and I race KT100 Superbox karts and they can reach
about 65 mph but, I'm lucky if I can hit 55. Of course, my class runs 350#
and my kids run 300#.

--
Dave Casey, REALTOR
Looking to buy or sell in Vegas?

Gregory Braun -- HO Slot Car Racing

Oct 24, 2002, 11:58:15 PM10/24/02
Brian,

I've written a small MS Windows program that will calculate your
straight line speed based upon engine RPM, gearing and tire
circumference. It's free and will work on any version of MS
Windows from 95 on.

Visit my web site at:

http://www.GregoryBraun.com

and then go to the KartData 2000 page to download:

http://www.GregoryBraun.com/KARTDATA.ZIP

Best regards from Milwaukee, WI U.S.A.
Gregory Braun

E-Mail: Sup...@GregoryBraun.com
Web Site: http://www.GregoryBraun.com
Telephone: 1.414.817.6508

Slot Cars: http://www.HOSlotCarRacing.com
Race Track: http://www.ScenicHillsRaceway.com

Ancient of days! august Athena! where,
Where are thy men of might? thy grand in soul?
Gone--glimmering through the dream of things that were.

--Byron

peterm...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2012, 6:39:59 PM8/19/12
Speed is irrelevant. You should only be concerned about lap times. Karting is not a top speed sport. It is about laping a closed circuit as fast as possible. Besides top speed is related to gearing, and no straight on no kart track in the world will take your kart to it's full top speed. They are simply not long enough.
What makes karting fun is not going fast down a straight. Any monkey can handle just applying full throttle. The fun bit is competing for the racing line and turning fast. Turning speed is not mainly related to power, but more so to weight and tires.
I have a video here of me, doing some laps on a danish kart track with a KT100 powered kart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgtZOyAbm4w

geni...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2013, 4:12:48 PM10/4/13
Look at this site: http://racerpartsworld.com/the-yamaha-kt100/
It has a book on the KT100 that will give you all the info you need to go faster and longer between rebuilds.

elias....@sydstu.catholic.edu.au

Apr 5, 2016, 4:26:43 AM4/5/16
I have a kt 100s and my friend has a kt 100. They sort of reach the same speed, around 85 - 100kmh, but the 100s is about 10 kmh faster. But i'm a kid so i'm pretty light. If you want to know how fast it really goes, go to the yamaha webpage

elias....@sydstu.catholic.edu.au

Apr 5, 2016, 4:27:21 AM4/5/16
On Thursday, 24 October 2002 19:22:49 UTC+10, Brian Su wrote:
Google images

ta1...@mbc.school.nz

Sep 2, 2018, 8:08:40 PM9/2/18
i have a blue kt100 and i was woundring what the top speed was
??