Could we see a Buick Regal WAGON for 2018 - maybe...

1 view

MummyChunk

Mar 15, 2017, 2:48:06 PM3/15/17

> Rumors are floating about a Buick Regal wagon like this Opel
pictured.

> From AW
>

> General Motors plans to replace the Buick Regal sedan in the United
States with a sedan-styled five-door hatchback and Buick s first wagon
in two decades, according to two auto forecast firms.

> The new Regal models are expected to be rebadged versions of Opel s
Insignia Grand Sport hatchback and Insignia Sports Tourer wagon, which
were showcased last week at the Geneva auto show.

> Cutting the Regal sedan is an aggressive move for Buick, but not
surprising given the market s shift from cars to higher-riding and
more spacious crossovers and SUVs.

> U.S. sales of midsize sedans have dropped for two consecutive
years, and the segment is off 20 percent in the first two months of
2017.

> A hatchback provides the styling of a sedan but some of the storage
capacity and flexibility of a crossover, which accounted for nearly
two-thirds of Buick s 229,631 U.S. sales in 2016.

> GM most recently hinted at plans to develop a hatchback with sedan
styling when it introduced the five-door Cadillac Escala concept car
in August.

> The 2018 Buick Regal is scheduled to make its global debut on April
4 at GM s Warren Technical Center in suburban Detroit, a week ahead of
its first auto show appearance in New York alongside the redesigned
Buick Enclave crossover.

> Buick spokesman Stuart Fowle declined to comment on the body types
planned for the next-generation Regal, which has been a midsize sedan
since the automaker resurrected the nameplate in 2010.

> LMC Automotive and AutoForecast Solutions expect the hatchback and
wagon versions of the Regal to be built at Opel s Ruesselsheim factory
in Germany and imported to the U.S.

> A sedan version of the next-gen Regal is expected to be produced in
China for that market but not exported to the U.S. or Europe. It is
expected to be introduced in April at the Shanghai auto show. Leaked
photos of the car show hood lines compared to the hatchback s that
align with the large glass window.

> Current production of the Regal for the U.S. is expected to end at
GM s Oshawa, Ontario, assembly plant this year.

> The Regal wagon would be Buick s first entry in the segment since
production of the Century and Roadmaster ended in the mid-1990s.

> The next-generation Regal could be the last produced by Opel, after
GM last week agreed to sell the operations along with its Vauxhall
unit to French automaker PSA Group for $2.3 billion.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=389996858#389996858