Proposing a case to General Motors for the 2026 Buick Grand National

MummyChunk

Dec 27, 2023, 9:33:07 PM12/27/23
What if???

Dear General Motors,

I am writing to you as a major investor of your company and a
passionate car enthusiast. I have been following your recent
announcements and plans for the future, and I have a suggestion that I
believe will benefit both your business and the car world in general.

I urge you to bring back the Buick Grand National for the 2026 model
year.

The Buick Grand National was one of the most iconic and legendary cars
of the 1980s. It was a powerful, sleek, and stylish muscle car that
captured the imagination and admiration of millions of drivers and
fans. It was also a rare and exclusive vehicle, with only a limited
number of units produced each year.

The Buick Grand National has a loyal and devoted fan base that has
been waiting for its return for decades. There is a huge demand and
market potential for a modern version of this classic car, especially
among the younger generation of car enthusiasts who are looking for
something different and exciting.

By bringing back the Buick Grand National, you will not only satisfy
the existing fans, but also attract new customers and followers. You
will also create a buzz and a hype in the car world, generating
positive publicity and media attention for your brand. You will also
showcase your innovation and creativity, demonstrating that you are
not afraid to take risks and challenge the status quo.

The Buick Grand National is a car that has a history, a legacy, and a
personality. It is a car that stands out from the crowd and makes a
statement. It is a car that deserves to be revived and celebrated.

Here are some facts that support my proposal:

- The Buick Grand National was based on the turbocharged V-6 engine
that was developed by your engineers in the 1970s and used in the 1976
Indy Pace Car. This engine was capable of producing more than 300
horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque, making it one of the fastest and
most powerful cars of its time.

- The Buick Grand National was rated as one of the best cars of the
1980s by Car and Driver magazine. It also received rave reviews from
other publications and critics, such as Motor Trend, Road & Track,
and Automobile.

- The Buick Grand National has a cult following and a high resale
value. According to Classic.com, the average price of a Buick Grand
National in 2022 was $47,477, with the highest sale price reaching
$550,000. The demand for this car is so high that some owners have
reported receiving unsolicited offers from strangers.

- The Buick Grand National represents a unique opportunity for you to
tap into a niche market and differentiate yourself from your
competitors. The muscle car segment is dominated by Ford and Dodge,
with their Mustang and Challenger models. By offering a Buick Grand
National, you will appeal to a different segment of customers who
value performance, style, and exclusivity.

- The Buick Grand National aligns with your vision and strategy for
the future. You have stated that you want to focus on electrification,
connectivity, and autonomous driving. The Buick Grand National can be
a platform for showcasing these technologies, as well as your design
and engineering capabilities. You can also leverage the Buick Grand
National's brand equity and heritage to enhance your image and
reputation.

- The Buick Grand National can also boost your financial performance
and profitability. According to a SWOT analysis of your company, you
face cutthroat competition, climate regulations, and substitution
threats from public transportation and other alternatives. By offering
a Buick Grand National, you can increase your market share, revenue,
and customer loyalty. You can also charge a premium price for this
car, as it has a high perceived value and quality. You can also reduce
your costs by using existing platforms and components from your
current models, such as the Regal or the LaCrosse.

I hope you will seriously consider my proposal and make the Buick
Grand National a reality for the 2026 model year. I am confident that
it will be a wise and profitable decision that will boost your sales,
revenue, market share, and customer loyalty.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,
A major investor of General Motors

View the attachments for this post at: