1993 Grand am starting problem

t & S

Jan 25, 2001, 1:25:51 AM1/25/01
my 1993 grand am has had an intermitting
starting problem.some times i have to crank the motor 5 to 10 times
(turns of the key) before it will start.this happens once then it wont
happen for about 5 months, then it returns, and then disappears. I had
the shop check it out but came up with nothing.the engine is a 3.3 v6.I
change the fuel filter regularly.the spark plugs also were
changed. the wires are original .maybe this could be part of the
problem.How about a fuel pump relay or the fuel pump itself any answers?
thanks.

RJL

Jan 25, 2001, 8:22:40 PM1/25/01
I have had two of those in the last year. I know it may be a coincidence but
look very closely at the crank sensor connector terminals in the harness
end. Both of the cars I fixed had wallowed out female terminals causing VERY
intermittent poor connection.

RJL

frm...@iserv.net

t & S <Fitn...@webtv.net> wrote in message